Go Back   Beastie Boys Message Board > Beastie Boys > Remixes

Old 05-15-2012, 12:02 PM

Default Too Many Rappers [Liam Gaughan Remix]

Hey guys,
After hearing of MCA's passing, it reminded me how much I actually love this band. So after I started working on this, this acapella just seemed to fit. There's a few tempo changes, which I dont think you see enough of in remixes these days. Hope you enjoy it

http://soundcloud.com/liamgaughan/be...o-many-rappers
Old 05-16-2012, 03:54 PM
Can't spell good.

Default Re: Too Many Rappers [Liam Gaughan Remix]

If the tempo didn't constantly keep changing this would actually be really good. I'd get rid of the sped up portions altogether. Their voices are already high pitch enough as it is. I dunno, the dub step portions are fucking amazing when the lyrics are at an acceptable pace, but the sped up portions just really ruin the remix for me.

Mix Master Mike can scratch better than the most of us can walk.

Old 05-16-2012, 03:57 PM
Can't spell good.

That being said (and I'm sorry for sounding like a total asshole here but I truly feel this needs to be said) ...what about all us goofs who have been making Beastie remixes for decades strictly so we can bust them out and surprise friends at our house party's? Kinda bums me out to hear people, fans and media alike talking about Yauch's death 'reminding' them how awesome the Beastie Boys were. It was kinda sad watching people from 1999 onward slowly kinda forget about them and act like they weren't still changing music as we knew it. It's a real shame that it takes something like this for people to come back and accept that they were bringing it from the very start to the very finish. Makes me upset I won't lie. Nobody needs to remind the real fans that they were fucking keeping hip hop grounded and pumping out solid tunes regardless of what the industry wanted for three fucking decades.

Sad.

Old 05-17-2012, 06:14 AM

Don't get me wrong, I hate to be bandwagon-jumper. I've been a fan of the beastie boys since I first heard about them. Yeah, it was only To The Five Boroughs and I worked backwards, but why should that devalue their music to the 'real' fans? I've done two other beastie boys remixes over the past 6-7 years, and to act like their music is only for the elite who were there from the start is ridiculously selfish. There's a LOT of music out there and i'm a professional musician by trade. I can't just spend my entire life listening to and making beastie boys remixes. But when I do, I have some fun, regardless of how elitists expect the band to be treated.

With that said, thanks for listening anyway. Yes the tempo has been raised quite a bit, but I felt I could get away with it, and enjoyed making the tempo changes fit.
Old 05-17-2012, 03:23 PM
Can't spell good.

Ahhh bro, I'm not hating. I got into them late too. I mean I'd hear their stuff, and new it was popular but honestly didn't know THEY sang it. I really got into them around Hello Nasty and worked backwards as well. But they've been my all time fav since then and kinda really put every other type of music I listen to on my map/radar because of being all curious about their samples and inspiration. I'm not saying you're any less of a fan. It was more the comment about MCA being gone reminding you how awesome they were that I kinda took offense too. Sorry man. I'm not being a dick. It just sucks to hear someone say something like that...real fan or not.

Old 05-17-2012, 03:44 PM

We can both agree it would have been better to have been reminded in any other way. No offence taken man x
Old 05-19-2012, 05:55 PM
zonin talkin on the phone

omg i think Too Many Rappers is my favourite song now.

Sending Love From Austin Texas , Forever in my thoughts! Space.
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey
totally dude. it was my pleasure. today was so amazing for me, and i love my bbmb fam.