Old 05-04-2012, 03:16 PM
I'm flowing prose to cons

Default Re: TMZ : "YAUCH DEAD"

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.C. Guevera View Post
The Hall of Fame airs tomorrow on HBO. That speech by Yauch is going to be even sadder to hear now.

I wonder if he knew he was dying when he wrote the speech.
I think he knew. If you listen to it he was saying most of it in past tense. I really tried to ignore what I was feeling and thinking that moment, but part of me knew it. I had a dream that he died last week but I kept it to myself thinking no you're just being negative.. be positive. be positive.

I'll never turn back 'cause that's the way I've got to live.....

https://twitter.com/beastieboysnews

Old 05-04-2012, 03:22 PM
noR ehT

I can't stop reading tributes...he has touched many lives. B boys and b girls of the world unite!!

"MC for what I am and do...the A is for Adam"

Old 05-04-2012, 03:25 PM
me

Just wanted to join everyone else in saying how deeply heartbroken I am by Yauch's passing... in the far corners of my mind I knew this day was probably going to happen sooner rather than later, especially after his non-appearance at the RRHOF, but I didn't want to face that actuality, and it doesn't make it any easier.

R.I.P. MCAdam Yauch

Greatly missed, but never forgotten!

:'(
Old 05-04-2012, 03:32 PM

I never told this story here but this seems like a good a time as any. On Oct. 6, 2004 my older brother Chris (who was my motherfucking hero growing up) lost his battle with brain cancer. On Oct. 9 we laid him to rest on Long Island. I had purchased tickets to see the Beasties at the Garden on Oct. 9 months earlier but obviously wasn't going that night so that I could sit with my family. At around 4PM my best friend came by and said "let's go..." and my family urged me to go as they thought it might make me feel better. So, loaded up on xanax and beer my buddy drove to my apartment down in the Village and we took the train up to 34th st.

I still remember getting a chill when we entered the Garden to the sounds of Sure Shot. It's one thing to see a Beasties show but at the GARDEN? It doesn't get better than that. You all know that the crowd was filming a movie that night and I have a souvenir to always remind me of that snap shot. It is hard to watch the movie but I remember dancing in place and feeling so great and so miserable at the same time. It still makes me feel better and I have no regrets attending the show. Chris would have wanted me to carry on with my plans.

Anyway, sorry to ramble, I am very sad that Adam is gone. I'm sure that mine is just one of thousands of stories where the band brought joy to their fans even in the toughest of situations. R.I.P. Adam

oh did i mention FUCK CANCER

"MCA, where have you been?"

In our hearts, and he always will be.

Old 05-04-2012, 03:38 PM

RIP... still in shock...

Gonna miss my Beastie Pilgrimages...
Old 05-04-2012, 03:47 PM
Registered Abuser

wow wow wow wow wow WOW

this is weird
Old 05-04-2012, 04:35 PM
cyborg

Don't even know what to say.
Old 05-05-2012, 04:44 AM

Thanks for telling your story. wow

Quote:
Originally Posted by nypb View Post
I never told this story here but this seems like a good a time as any. On Oct. 6, 2004 my older brother Chris (who was my motherfucking hero growing up) lost his battle with brain cancer. On Oct. 9 we laid him to rest on Long Island. I had purchased tickets to see the Beasties at the Garden on Oct. 9 months earlier but obviously wasn't going that night so that I could sit with my family. At around 4PM my best friend came by and said "let's go..." and my family urged me to go as they thought it might make me feel better. So, loaded up on xanax and beer my buddy drove to my apartment down in the Village and we took the train up to 34th st.

I still remember getting a chill when we entered the Garden to the sounds of Sure Shot. It's one thing to see a Beasties show but at the GARDEN? It doesn't get better than that. You all know that the crowd was filming a movie that night and I have a souvenir to always remind me of that snap shot. It is hard to watch the movie but I remember dancing in place and feeling so great and so miserable at the same time. It still makes me feel better and I have no regrets attending the show. Chris would have wanted me to carry on with my plans.

Anyway, sorry to ramble, I am very sad that Adam is gone. I'm sure that mine is just one of thousands of stories where the band brought joy to their fans even in the toughest of situations. R.I.P. Adam

" Elevated platform never gonna conform "

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/defa...&content=music

Old 05-05-2012, 04:53 AM
NYC Brouhaha Division

Rest In Peace Yauch. I am grateful for the opportunity and joy you gave me and the other fans when you envisioned the concept for Awesome I Fuckin' Shot That.

Long Burn The Fire. Rest In Peace Adam.

Old 05-05-2012, 05:13 AM
Last real russian BB fan

RIP to You , ADAM ... my man, my brother...
everyday since 13 years old i was in my mind only with Beasties...
Now I'm crying... You was for me like elder brother,but life sometime is not fair...
i ' still can't to believe it... but peace ,my brother , Yauch... Thank You for all....

Земля Тебе Пухом, Адам!
Я был и есть последний настоящий русский фанат Beastie Boys. Узнав трагическую новость, я расплакался, как мальчишка. Мне очень будет не хватать тебя, мой брат, в этой жизни. с 13 лет , когда я впервые услышал песни и стал фанатом, ни дня не прошло , чтобы я не слушал и думал о них.
Последние годы я думал о новой встрече, а теперь весь мир летит в тар-тара-ры....Жизнь порой очень несправедлива, но так странно устроен мир...
Надеюсь,ты в мире лучшем , чем мы , оставшиеся здесь на земле...
Чувства переполняют меня...
Спи спокойно, Адам! Земля Тебе пухом! Русские помнят и будут помнить о тебе всегда! Спасибо Тебе за все хорошее!
Соболезнования Твоим близким и друзьям!

Well like my words is what I'm seeing through my own eyes
A little vision of the truth in a world of lies
When it comes to coming off I like to get my fill
Well I got the skills....
I've got the skills to pay the bills!!! (RIP, my man MCA)

Last edited by romanpetr : 05-05-2012 at 05:17 AM.
Old 05-05-2012, 07:13 AM
shaZam!

The Pizzacrew is in tears for the man who made us laugh like no one else could.

Latin lingo baby funky bilingual funky bilingual
Yeah, funky bilingual
Latin lingo baby funky bilingual funky bilingual
It's the latin lingo!

Old 05-05-2012, 07:14 AM
banzaï!!!

R.I.P. MCA...Namaste...
Old 06-04-2012, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nypb View Post

Missed this story the first time through. Thanks for sharing that.

That girl ain't nothing but the blue plate crab special at Woodman's in Essex, MA

Old 06-05-2012, 07:50 AM
Current Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernard Goetz View Post
Missed this story the first time through. Thanks for sharing that.
Yeah I just read through the thread again, yesterday. Full on.

Shout at the Devil!

Old 05-04-2012, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoLovesMCA View Post
I think he knew. If you listen to it he was saying most of it in past tense. I really tried to ignore what I was feeling and thinking that moment, but part of me knew it. I had a dream that he died last week but I kept it to myself thinking no you're just being negative.. be positive. be positive.

I felt the same way and I two was just ignoring it.

Also to the person who admitting to crying today, I'm right there with you. I went to get a beer to try and heal and I kept swelling up at the pub.

fuck, fuck, fuck.
Old 05-04-2012, 03:49 PM

Namaste to all the regulars here.

That girl ain't nothing but the blue plate crab special at Woodman's in Essex, MA

Old 05-04-2012, 03:52 PM
Bucky Done Good

Bad shit. It's trite to frame this in relation to myself, but what the Boys gave to me cannot be underestimated. I have so much to thank them for in the route I have taken in life and MCA was a massive part of that. I was lucky enough to meet him once for an interview and whilst many of your heroes turn out to be dicks in real life, all three of the Beastie Boys were a proper good laugh. He will be missed.

Brap!

Old 05-04-2012, 04:00 PM
the wondersmith

quite choked up at the moment...

i wanted so bad to tell adam this but never could for obvious reasons... here goes..

adam,

i never had a male role model in my life. was a fan before you took interest in buddhism and when i found out what you were into, i wanted to see what it was all about. i was probably about 19 or 20 at the time and i ended up reading so many different books on buddhism and visited quite a few temples around the nation, thai, chinese, and others. i guess what im trying to say is....you made me want to be a better person, for myself and for those around me. although we only shook hands briefly once, youll always be missed by myself and countless others. thank you for the positive changes you helped make happen in my life and for just...everything.

it's about time