Go Back   Beastie Boys Message Board > Beastie Boys > Remixes

Old 02-11-2006, 01:27 PM
French on the inside

Default Re: So.. who are you remixers anyway?

Let me introduce myself. Hi, I'm Tricky Dick. An 18-year old student from Holland. I've been screwin' around with mixin programs for about a year now. Besides mixing, I like to play the drums and I've played in multiple bands. Right now, I'm saving up for an E-drumkit. This will enable me to play the beats myself My favourite types of music are metal/rock and hip hop.

The best Mix i've made so far would be Brrr Stick'em - Osdorp Mashup.
Check it out at http://www.acidplanet.com/artist.asp...=475404&T=8662
and let me know what you guys think about it.
Old 02-14-2006, 04:36 AM
auxfnx.com

I'm James Strain aka DJ Zap. I DJ in my bedroom, jus scratchin, i make remixes of MANY artists, not just beasties, i once got one of my remix threads 6 pages long! I got my turntables in 2004 on 2nd of August (birthday) and ive been practicing ever since. I think a good sample of my work is my new TT5B REMIX MIXTAPE: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=9DKX1RWJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam_f View Post
I've always wanted to pass out on one of those moving sidewalks at the airport so I could wake up to forward progress.

Old 02-16-2006, 09:58 PM
CENTEK

Ive been remixing some beastie tracks for a couple of months. I have been djing for about 4 years. I go under the name centlord but my real name is Vincent. Im from Whittier Ca in LA. I respect all of you guys who are putting shit out there for everyone to hear! Check my page out at http://www.soundclick.com/centek Respect to Joakizmo for running this post!

http://www.soundclick.com/centek

Old 02-24-2006, 03:34 PM
skillstopaythebills.com

www.skillstopaythebills.com I am the best

www.skillstopaythebills.com

Old 02-27-2006, 01:06 PM
Registered Voter

Music has been an important part of my life for as long as I can remember, and I've been active musically since I first started taking saxophone lessons in the third grade (circa 1981.) I loved the Beasties when LTI came out, but I grew tired of the album within about a year. Then came along PB...and I've never abandoned the Boys since! I've been remixing the B-Boys for a couple of years now.

Problem: I've typically uploaded my music to ACIDplanet and SoundClick, but there are some serious drawbacks to each. I like the way AP pages and songs are organized, and the fact that high bit rate files are allowed. However, not only does one have to register to download mp3's, but they are not directly linkable: major drawback! SC, on the other hand, only allows 128k mp3's, but you can link to them directly. However, I've realized that they periodically change the link addresses. So, nearly all of the links I've posted on this board are now dead links.

Solution: I now have almost all of my music (original & remixes) hosted on my own domain. There are over 50 192kbps mp3's posted, and d/l rates range from 400-500KB/s, maybe faster if you use a download manager (depending on your connection, of course.)

Phosphoros

Last edited by Phosphoros : 02-27-2006 at 01:12 PM.
Old 03-07-2008, 01:33 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CENTLORD View Post
Ive been remixing some beastie tracks for a couple of months. I have been djing for about 4 years. I go under the name centlord but my real name is Vincent. Im from Whittier Ca in LA. I respect all of you guys who are putting shit out there for everyone to hear! Check my page out at http://www.soundclick.com/centek Respect to Joakizmo for running this post!

haha! love the alive "back that mash up" track. the heart shaped sure shot reminded me of rocking metroid NES game, kind of nostalgic. pack the pipe works well, nice interlude, enjoyed. dig the downtempo of stay gifted...sounds like a pharcyde track. your other shit was also tight. i really dig what you are doing going to pass along your link to some friends i think would enjoy. might get some radio time in chitown on wdcb, would fit right into the curriculum
Old 03-07-2008, 01:23 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tammeloeki View Post
Let me introduce myself. Hi, I'm Tricky Dick. An 18-year old student from Holland. I've been screwin' around with mixin programs for about a year now. Besides mixing, I like to play the drums and I've played in multiple bands. Right now, I'm saving up for an E-drumkit. This will enable me to play the beats myself My favourite types of music are metal/rock and hip hop.

The best Mix i've made so far would be Brrr Stick'em - Osdorp Mashup.
Check it out at http://www.acidplanet.com/artist.asp...=475404&T=8662
and let me know what you guys think about it.
fawkin A+