Go Back   Beastie Boys Message Board > Beastie Boys > General Beastie Boys Discussion

Old 05-04-2011, 01:21 PM

Default THERE IS A NEW ALBUM OUT BY MIKE D AND AD ROCK AND THE JEWISH BRAD PITT

I thought if anywhere would be talking about it, it'd be here. But instead EVERYWHERE is talking about it except here. But first this is Paul Nice aka K:d N:ce of the A W B etc. That means nothing, really, except to whatever old school posters are still here with whom I once traded barbs and internet battle raps, which activity incidentally is not the tiniest bit doucheish. So shut up. And where did all my posts go? Or did we have some sort of crash that lost everything? That may be it.

Back to this album WHAAAAAAT. That's all I have to say except for what I said already and this: daaaaaaamn. And this: my mind is blown. BA-LOWN. I am not somebody who loves every single thing they do, I should say. Huge fan since LTI but after Ill Comm I just wasn't feeling it much. Esp that last joint (boroughs, not mixup). I did not come back here and figure out my log in info and all of that for 5 Boroughs or Hello Nasty. I thought the Mix Up ruled, and was their best shilznit since IllComm, but THIS NEW JOINT is AMAZING. No doubt the best since Check Your Head, and it's right up there with that one almost neck and neck. Was most of this recorded pre- or post-op, Yauchwise? What accounts for all this creative electricity that crackles like rice crispies all over this album, on literally every track? Personally not feeling the Nas cameo, actually, but beyond that holy holy holy smokes, smokes of power and might, heaven and earth are full of your smoooo-hoooke, holy smoke in the hiiiiiigheeeest (roasted)

nonstop disco powerpack is a literal masterpiece. cannot believe how DOPE this is. DOPE DOPE DOPE.

THE FRESH SHIT

Old 05-04-2011, 02:04 PM
Ouch

Default Re: THERE IS A NEW ALBUM OUT BY MIKE D AND AD ROCK AND THE JEWISH BRAD PITT

Nonstop Disco Powerback is the best song on the album. Adrocks first verse is insane. I would love to see this one live.

A Big Mac attack on your gut
and thats wack my friend!

Old 05-04-2011, 02:14 PM
repeat

Default Re: THERE IS A NEW ALBUM OUT BY MIKE D AND AD ROCK AND THE JEWISH BRAD PITT

Mike D is the Jewish Brad Pitt.

But, yeah - not a whack cut on this joint.

Quote:
Originally Posted by some korean pirate View Post
13 multilateral atomic arms reduction.

Old 05-04-2011, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by camo View Post
Mike D is the Jewish Brad Pitt.

But, yeah - not a whack cut on this joint.
haha yep - i thought i wrote 'by mca and ad rock'

speaking of which, "Mike Dino" is an ILL alias for the D. maybe the best one ever. and santigold - i can't believe how excellent they sound together. i feared it would be awkward, like the pairing w/nas was awkward. nas is from QUEENS ffs - run dmcville! nasty nas was FRESH before he was gangsta, so why rock a beastie boys joint w/exhausted gangsta nonsense? he should have dropped his mask for two minutes and had fun rocking out dope rhymes instead of expanding his name brand. he should have went DMC on that joint, and instead he just.... went. rest of the song's dope though, and the new version's better than the first imo.

back to my quest-chins though, was most of this done before or after mca went a l'hopital? and if it's bad form to banter about mr. yauch's illness (as opposed to his ILLness, as in getting ill 24/7 or licensed to the same thereof) somebody clue me in. i'm not trying to be flippant or anything. i'm wondering what this new spirit that animates this whole lp is about - as in, was it a new zest for life after a sickness, or was it a new attitude going in? they sound like they're back in their own skins. for whatever reason this sort of creeping alien wackness started appearing on illcomm, which was of course a magnificent, splendiferous album but still thats where it started. on hello nasty it tainted the whole album ("As long as I learn I will make mistakes"? for real? what could the point of wasting seconds of the hour of music they produce every four years on that line? no excuse for boring filler rhymes if you're not pumping out songs every week, though that album was still pretty dope), and then on 5 boroughs it overwhelmed it. not so much wack rhymes as unentertaining ones. bob dylan (or whoever) could do social commentary, or something like it, and be entertaining. beasties can do that, to a degree, at times - but they're the freshest emcees in the world, literally. them doing flat, earnest social commentary raps just wasnt what they did best, and on this new album they do nothing BUT their best, which is THE best there is. contempo hip hop is a cheap joke compared to this shit.

so why the change?

THE FRESH SHIT

Last edited by Paul Nice : 05-04-2011 at 04:47 PM. Reason: I KEEP MY REASONS TO MYSELF
Old 05-04-2011, 09:33 PM
Adrock

Quote:
Originally Posted by alleyezonme6198 View Post
Nonstop Disco Powerback is the best song on the album. Adrocks first verse is insane. I would love to see this one live.
I think your my twin.

Back On The Mic Its The Anti-Depressor

www.youtube.com/lauriehammy

Old 05-05-2011, 07:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Nice View Post
back to my quest-chins though, was most of this done before or after mca went a l'hopital?
Quote:

On Tue, Jun 23, 2009 at 8:51 AM, Beastie Boys <do-not-reply@topspinmedia.com> wrote:
To view this email as a web page, go here.
Ladies and Gentleman,

We, the band collectively known as Beastie Boys, are contacting you, in regards to our 5 point plan:

1. The reissue of "Ill Communication" is imminent.
2. A reissue of "Hello Nasty" is released on the 25th of August.
3. A club show occurs in Chicago on the 6th of August.
4. The new Beastie Boys feature length LP entitled "HOT SAUCE COMMITTEE PART 1" is unleashed on the 15th of September. (See below for track listing*)
5. The music industry is saved.

Onsale info:

Presale starts Tuesday, June 23rd at 10am Chicago time here:
http://congresschicago.frontgatetick..._7705 4&qty=1

Password: RAPPERS

Tickets go on sale to the public Friday, June 26th at 10am Chicago time via http://www.frontgatetickets.com OR with a reduced service charge in-person at Site and Sound (2125 N. Milwaukee Ave.)

Ages 17+

*Tracklisting

1. Tadlock's Glasses
2. B-Boys In The Cut
3. Make Some Noise
4. Nonstop Disco Powerpack
5. OK
6. Too Many Rappers (featuring NAS)
7. Say It
8. The Bill Harper Collection
9. Don't Play No Game That I Can't Win (featuring Santigold)
10. Long Burn The Fire
11. Bundt Cake
12. Funky Donkey
13. Lee Majors Come Again
14. Multilateral Nuclear Disarmament
15. Pop Your Balloon
16. Crazy Ass Shit
17. Here's A Little Something For Ya
© Beastie Boys

Customer Support | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service

Please do not reply to this email.
This is an outbound e-mail only and replies will not be responded to or reviewed.

You may unsubscribe from the Beastie Boys email list at any time.
This email was sent on behalf of Beastie Boys by Topspin.
1538 20th Street, Santa Monica CA 90404

That girl ain't nothing but the blue plate crab special at Woodman's in Essex, MA

Old 05-05-2011, 10:08 AM

merci boe coop monsieur getz

anybody here actually been to woodmans btw

it is worthy of that prop

THE FRESH SHIT

Old 05-05-2011, 11:09 AM

I have been there! Long time ago. I scrawled 'Hey Ladies!' into the wall beside my seat.
(Not as juvenile as it may sound - the place was riddled with scrawlings)

That girl ain't nothing but the blue plate crab special at Woodman's in Essex, MA

Old 05-05-2011, 11:19 AM
Carlson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Nice View Post
I thought if anywhere would be talking about it, it'd be here. But instead EVERYWHERE is talking about it except here. But first this is Paul Nice aka K:d N:ce of the A W B etc. That means nothing, really, except to whatever old school posters are still here with whom I once traded barbs and internet battle raps, which activity incidentally is not the tiniest bit doucheish. So shut up. And where did all my posts go? Or did we have some sort of crash that lost everything? That may be it.

Back to this album WHAAAAAAT. That's all I have to say except for what I said already and this: daaaaaaamn. And this: my mind is blown. BA-LOWN. I am not somebody who loves every single thing they do, I should say. Huge fan since LTI but after Ill Comm I just wasn't feeling it much. Esp that last joint (boroughs, not mixup). I did not come back here and figure out my log in info and all of that for 5 Boroughs or Hello Nasty. I thought the Mix Up ruled, and was their best shilznit since IllComm, but THIS NEW JOINT is AMAZING. No doubt the best since Check Your Head, and it's right up there with that one almost neck and neck. Was most of this recorded pre- or post-op, Yauchwise? What accounts for all this creative electricity that crackles like rice crispies all over this album, on literally every track? Personally not feeling the Nas cameo, actually, but beyond that holy holy holy smokes, smokes of power and might, heaven and earth are full of your smoooo-hoooke, holy smoke in the hiiiiiigheeeest (roasted)

nonstop disco powerpack is a literal masterpiece. cannot believe how DOPE this is. DOPE DOPE DOPE.

WOAH doggy, chill. take your meds kid. you are all over the place

the king of boggle

Old 05-05-2011, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlson.213 View Post
WOAH doggy, chill. take your meds kid. you are all over the place
Not really.

Old 05-06-2011, 09:49 AM
Carlson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernard Goetz View Post
Not really.

yeah huh

the king of boggle

Old 05-09-2011, 08:42 AM

I have to agree w/Mr. Goetz on this one.

THE FRESH SHIT

Old 05-09-2011, 02:52 PM
kerouac

i still think your mullet song should have went platinum

Free Tibet!

Old 05-27-2011, 01:07 PM

hahaha

HELLZ YEAH

THE FRESH SHIT