Go Back   Beastie Boys Message Board > Beastie Boys > General Beastie Boys Discussion

Old 03-01-2019, 12:07 PM
space cake cookie

Default Re: Adam Yauch’s Last Song

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj hood View Post
F' that dude...'don't forget to subscribe for future SW content'.....10min video on possible rumor that's probably not true....

i'd rather watch the 'dick in the box' vid....vintage version....in the Spring time warmth of the east coast....

haha....that dude is a turd isn't he. sorry hood after consideration i realize that was probably an offensive comparison, you are certainly not like him. that dartboard shit is just fresh on my mind cause his BS keeps popping up in my recommended section and i keep having to not interested him. i get excited seeing a headline thinking the trailer or even name is coming and BAM mike zeroh.

don't forget to subscribe

thank you adam adam & mike

Old 03-01-2019, 04:05 PM
MCL with a story to tell

I love posts discussing and speculating on future projects and possibilities. I crave one last release, a box set of b-sides or something but obviously I realise they Boys don’t owe us anything. Like Kid P said, I think speculating on hypothetical albums is fair game.

Cj’s cryptic posts just add to the excitement! A side band with Fredo and Money Mark would be neat!
Old 03-01-2019, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eoin MCL View Post
I think speculating on hypothetical albums is fair game.
never said it wasn't. i just think it's a bad look my guy.
Old 03-01-2019, 06:25 PM
Current Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micodin View Post
I wrote 'relax' but it's not a helpful response, so: ninja edit.

Rather than dissecting the idea, this is creeping into veiled attacks at people who have or agree with the idea. I appreciate why it shouldn't be discussed and accept that it is a sore point for some.

It is beyond stating the obvious that the band is done. This was just riffing on what 'done' means in a post-book world, and I was enthused by the possibilities presented by this snippet.

I get the sensitivity around the discussion and the limitations of having it so I'll leave my contribution at that.

Shout at the Devil!

Last edited by Kid Presentable : 03-01-2019 at 06:58 PM.
Old 03-01-2019, 07:15 PM
MCL with a story to tell

Quote:
Fair enough. Can totally see that perspective. Literally based on what Ad-Rock has said about releasing their CYH-IC “stoner jams” I’m excited to hear something someday if it ever happens.
Old 03-01-2019, 07:58 PM
R.I.P. Brooklyn

10 second snippets from MMM got fools acting crazy
Old 03-01-2019, 08:57 PM
crazy sniffable

Mario’s statement awhile back about how much solid unfinished material he has backed up has always saturated my brain a bit, but this guy here will have to join the “less likely that not” camp on this tip. the bboys have always been super classy about preserving their legacy. not releasing shit just for the sake of it. i dont see them seeking some sort of pay day or nostalgia run. they have enough money, other interests, and respect for Yauch to exploit a considerably sterling run and output therein. the retrospective book feels especially finalizing to boot. thats my take, at least.

it's just 2 wheels and me, the wind in eyes...

Old 03-01-2019, 11:38 PM
Current Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother McDuff View Post
Mario’s statement awhile back about how much solid unfinished material he has backed up has always saturated my brain a bit, but this guy here will have to join the “less likely that not” camp on this tip. the bboys have always been super classy about preserving their legacy. not releasing shit just for the sake of it. i dont see them seeking some sort of pay day or nostalgia run. they have enough money, other interests, and respect for Yauch to exploit a considerably sterling run and output therein. the retrospective book feels especially finalizing to boot. thats my take, at least.
I agree. Amy Winehouse’s demos for her third album were shit-canned by her label boss and it was for the better. Fuckin hard not to think about how much of a possibility Mario made it seem like, tho.

Shout at the Devil!

Old 03-02-2019, 05:01 AM

Quote:

new shit from mike and adam rapping on a song they made, with MMM scratching in some Yauch lines.
To me that sounds far worse than releasing some final sessions material that they were clearly all working on together.

Edit: incidentally, anyone else slightly uneasy that it’s MMM sharing this? I feel like such a decision should only be Adam or Mike’s, and I can’t help feeling this is something they’d never do. But I could be wrong.

Quote:
DIAMOND: He wishes he could be here right now. So do we.

Last edited by dave790 : 03-02-2019 at 05:06 AM.
Old 03-02-2019, 05:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave790 View Post
To me that sounds far worse than releasing some final sessions material that they were clearly all working on together.
apparently your not talking to me my guy because i never said anything about their final sessions. i was talking about a Frankenstein record like the last Tribe record. so there’s that.

i get it. my wanting to protect the bands legacy is getting in the way of your fantasy land lets play pretend scenario situations. i'll back off. i'm the bad guy. have at it ya entitled weirdo jackals and fantasize away.

xo,
uncle mic

Last edited by Micodin : 03-02-2019 at 05:28 AM. Reason: i'm over it
Old 03-02-2019, 06:48 AM

i love all u guys remember that.
Old 03-02-2019, 07:55 AM

On the contrary, I actually agree with most of what you said. The idea of scratching MCA vocals into new Adrock and Mike D joints just also happens to sound a little ‘Frankenstein’ to me.

I don’t think sarcasm is your strongest suit. You were better off just making valid points.

Quote:

Old 03-02-2019, 08:03 AM
Current Member

Quote:
i love all u guys remember that.
<3

Shout at the Devil!

Old 03-02-2019, 10:09 AM

Quote:
On the contrary, I actually agree with most of what you said. The idea of scratching MCA vocals into new Adrock and Mike D joints just also happens to sound a little ‘Frankenstein’ to me.

I don’t think sarcasm is your strongest suit. You were better off just making valid points.
putting unused yauch verses on beats he’s never rapped on, like BIG and Eminem “Dead Wrong” is a Frankenstein record.

mike and adam creating a new song from scratch with a couple yauch scratches in the intro or the break like Spam is not in my book. agree to disagree.

i can’t help u on the sarcasm tip tho. sorry. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Old 03-02-2019, 10:59 AM
NYC Brouhaha Division

I have always said in private that the one thing I longed for was a final solo track from MCA, recorded during his last days on Earth. It’s completely morbid and selfish of me. This gives me some sort of false hope, despite every single statement they have made on record and even in court, that they are through, which is an obvious sentiment. I never cared for the idea of unpublished stoner jams from the 90s or stuff that has been canned for decades unless it was from 2009-2012.

It’s just a fantasy I have, that the one thing Yauch gave his blessing for, would have been to release that one last track when the time was right.

I would like to somehow think that Adam amd Mike gave the track to MMM for some purpose or another. Maybe it was a scrapped plan for the book tour and the live music component and nothing will ever come about it.

I’m glad MMM shared it but I am also curious about how A&M feel about it and would love to hear a statement on it.

Long Burn The Fire. Rest In Peace Adam.

Old 03-02-2019, 11:09 AM

Quote:
putting unused yauch verses on beats he’s never rapped on, like BIG and Eminem “Dead Wrong” is a Frankenstein record.

mike and adam creating a new song from scratch with a couple yauch scratches in the intro or the break like Spam is not in my book. agree to disagree.

i can’t help u on the sarcasm tip tho. sorry. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Fair. Apology accepted!

Quote:

Old 03-02-2019, 01:35 PM

Quote:
incidentally, anyone else slightly uneasy that it’s MMM sharing this? I feel like such a decision should only be Adam or Mike’s, and I can’t help feeling this is something they’d never do. But I could be wrong.
Yes, I had this same thought.
Old 03-02-2019, 03:05 PM
space cake cookie

Quote:
mike and adam creating a new song from scratch with a couple yauch scratches in the intro or the break like Spam is not in my book.
Squat works...yauch was prob snowboarding when they recorded hence his absence (speculating), nonetheless it works and Spam works so.......

Yo take a few of these b-boys and call me in the mornin'
Keep it on the crusty eye, bagel with some butterflies
Spit gritty like we in MCA's voice box
Y'all bull and my ox don't fit the mix

Old 03-02-2019, 03:16 PM
crazy sniffable

i dont suspect Mike and Adam are petty enough to sweat MMM's sharing of 10sec worth of material, especially when it was presented in tribute. he seems to maintain a good relationship with the two, and i dont reckon he's the type to step on toes if he thought it might bother someone. and besides, it sounded like a dope cut. definitely wasnt pulling up the trash with that one.

it's just 2 wheels and me, the wind in eyes...

Old 03-02-2019, 05:59 PM
Current Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dust monkey View Post
Squat works...yauch was prob snowboarding when they recorded hence his absence (speculating), nonetheless it works and Spam works so.......

Yo take a few of these b-boys and call me in the mornin'
Keep it on the crusty eye, bagel with some butterflies
Spit gritty like we in MCA's voice box
Y'all bull and my ox don't fit the mix
I think like the Futurama thing he sat out on squat consciously so the label wouldn’t try to force a whole “Featuring Beastie Boys” type of situation. Which is very cool, in my view.

Shout at the Devil!

Old 03-02-2019, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid Presentable View Post
I think like the Futurama thing he sat out on squat consciously so the label wouldn’t try to force a whole “Featuring Beastie Boys” type of situation. Which is very cool, in my view.

This. I believe he had told his wife he was gonna take some time off because they had just had their kid, and he knew if he rapped on ghat track there would be no way Tommy Boy wouldn't push a whole big marketing/video thing on all of them.

I like Squat. I think it would have been better w/ all 6 group members. But whatever, u=you gotta respect somebody for having principles.

message board

Old 03-02-2019, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungRemy View Post
I have always said in private that the one thing I longed for was a final solo track from MCA, recorded during his last days on Earth. It’s completely morbid and selfish of me...
His new verse on TMR is incredible to think about in the context of his illness. He says "like a Nexus 6 Coming Home to Roost "... I mean he is basically saying "I know that my time on this earth is nigh, I'm coming back to the studio just to stay alive." (that was an unintentional rhyme)

I'm assuming everybody here has seen Blare Runner? Obviously I'm not inside Yauch's head, but you you know, the Nexus 6's featured in the movie have the urge to return to Earth when their 4-year lifespan has been used up. Trying to find ways to stay alive.

I think I have said as much in other threads. I say it again here to illustrate YR's point. Just based off his Nexus 6 line alone, he put me right into his POV. I would also love to hear what else was going through his head at this time.

message board

Old 03-02-2019, 07:00 PM
Current Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiberish View Post
His new verse on TMR is incredible to think about in the context of his illness. He says "like a Nexus 6 Coming Home to Roost "... I mean he is basically saying "I know that my time on this earth is nigh, I'm coming back to the studio just to stay alive." (that was an unintentional rhyme)

I'm assuming everybody here has seen Blare Runner? Obviously I'm not inside Yauch's head, but you you know, the Nexus 6's featured in the movie have the urge to return to Earth when their 4-year lifespan has been used up. Trying to find ways to stay alive.

I think I have said as much in other threads. I say it again here to illustrate YR's point. Just based off his Nexus 6 line alone, he put me right into his POV. I would also love to hear what else was going through his head at this time.
A few references to Blade Runner throughout their career, I think.

I love how upbeat he sounds in this snippet; the witness, and nothing more, to the dawn of another day.

Shout at the Devil!

Old 03-02-2019, 07:09 PM
space cake cookie

Quote:
I think like the Futurama thing...
what is the futurama thing? i feel like i should know this.

Old 03-02-2019, 07:47 PM
Current Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dust monkey View Post
what is the futurama thing? i feel like i should know this.
How it was just Mike and Adam H on the episode featuring Beastie Boys.

Shout at the Devil!

Old 03-03-2019, 03:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother McDuff View Post
i dont suspect Mike and Adam are petty enough to sweat MMM's sharing of 10sec worth of material, especially when it was presented in tribute. he seems to maintain a good relationship with the two, and i dont reckon he's the type to step on toes if he thought it might bother someone. and besides, it sounded like a dope cut. definitely wasnt pulling up the trash with that one.
Not so much about them being petty - I doubt they are overly fussed. MMM is part of the Beastie family after all. I just think it should still be their call. It seems telling that MMM chose to do a brief live snippet.

Quote:

Last edited by dave790 : 03-03-2019 at 03:48 AM.
Old 03-03-2019, 04:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiberish View Post

Never thought about that verse like that, good insight.
Just loved it because its my second favourite movie, now it means more.Thanks

"I don't wanna go to a health farm,I just wanna have a good time"

Old 03-03-2019, 10:54 AM

Quote:
I love how upbeat he sounds in this snippet; the witness, and nothing more, to the dawn of another day.
Agreed. It sounds like it was gonna be a fun track.

message board

Old 03-04-2019, 12:13 PM

It's interesting hearing everyone's POV. Mine is basically that if they decide to put out anything that relates to prior albums (don't care if it's them just bullshitting in the studio) I'd be interested. For new stuff, I like where they left it with HSCP2 (although I still want the rest of the tracks that they had in the can for the other volume, as well as the pre-Zdar mixes). As far as anything new(er/ish) I'd like to hear that too. I don't think much about their legacy and what it all means. Worst case scenario for me would be that whatever they were working on I didn't particularly care for, but that wouldn't make it any different than releases that came out while Yauch was alive (looking at you TMU). I'd still pick it up and archive all of the releases just like I have over the last 30 years. The only thing that would be a real bummer for me is another compilation of old shit in a new box.

What would excite me the most I think would be soundboard recordings they have of live shit that they bothered to keep track of. Like what Minor Threat did, or what They Might Be Giants does.

Last edited by bigfatlove06 : 03-04-2019 at 12:16 PM.
Old 03-04-2019, 02:46 PM

Well put

I also wonder what happened to the Gala show they filmed.

Quote: