Old 12-15-2018, 08:11 AM

Default Beastie Boys + Marc Maron

i didnt note which episodes, but Maron mentioned Beastie Boys twice in the last few episodes, during his chats at the beginning - i think it was two separate ones:

In one he talks about being invited to a party by who he thought was Kathleen Hanna, but got there and it wasn't actually her who invited him - I'll let you find it (maybe someone remembers which ep it was) and listen. It's really interesting actually. I got a kick out of Adam's part.. they were a little too cool for him, haha

In another he mention that he's in the midst of reading the Beastie Boys Book. He speaks very highly of it. I feel like that party experience inspired him to read it.

I get the impression that he REALLY wants to have Mike and Adam on.

Not sure if it would be a very good interview, judging from his Paul McCartney interview.. although he knows the Lower East Side and NYC so in that regard they could really relate.
Old 12-15-2018, 08:49 PM
crazy sniffable

Default Re: Beastie Boys + Marc Maron

ive been wanting Maron to get one of them on WTF for years. im sure it would be a solid listen.

it's just 2 wheels and me, the wind in eyes...

Old 12-16-2018, 03:18 PM

Their going to be on Kimmel this week so maybe they will do the podcast.

I agree the Paul McCartney episode wasn’t the best but I’ve wanted them on his show for a while and think he’d do a great one.

Yes Adam yauch was very spiritual yes he raised awareness about the situation in Tibet yea he was a great father , husband and friend but most of all he was a dope MC one of the greatest to ever pick up a mike his voice will be missed- Chris Rock

Old 12-16-2018, 11:32 PM

Maron's Twitter feed says Monday is beastieboys day on WTF.
Old 12-17-2018, 06:57 AM

its up...

thank you Adam.

Old 12-17-2018, 12:06 PM
NYC Brouhaha Division

Well, that escalated and materialized quickly!

http://www.wtfpod.com

Long Burn The Fire. Rest In Peace Adam.

Old 12-17-2018, 12:31 PM
Mad Child

Wow, thanks for this guys.

Thats insane, you're stupid...you should sleep late man, it's just much easier on your constitution.

Old 12-17-2018, 05:16 PM
R.I.P. Brooklyn

I have to say I’m highly disappointed in this interview.

I haven’t heard a second of it. Just finished listening to Marc Maron’s Intro and he confirmed my fears that they wouldn’t take it serious. What’s even more frustrating is that they the band called maron and asked to be on the podcast. Why even bother if you’re not going to be open to the idea of the podcast and the host and whatnot.

I understand they hardly ever take any interview serious but why set it up in the first place then. And they’re veterans at this, no one can force them to do anything.

I’ll give it a listen regardless
Old 12-17-2018, 05:46 PM

^ lol
Old 12-17-2018, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Extra Cheese View Post
I have to say I’m highly disappointed in this interview.

I haven’t heard a second of it. Just finished listening to Marc Maron’s Intro and he confirmed my fears that they wouldn’t take it serious. What’s even more frustrating is that they the band called maron and asked to be on the podcast. Why even bother if you’re not going to be open to the idea of the podcast and the host and whatnot.

I understand they hardly ever take any interview serious but why set it up in the first place then. And they’re veterans at this, no one can force them to do anything.

I’ll give it a listen regardless
Uhm... I didn’t get that from the intro at all and I’ll say this was a more “serious” interview then I’ve heard them give before.

Yes Adam yauch was very spiritual yes he raised awareness about the situation in Tibet yea he was a great father , husband and friend but most of all he was a dope MC one of the greatest to ever pick up a mike his voice will be missed- Chris Rock

Old 12-17-2018, 08:31 PM
R.I.P. Brooklyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by WesleyOHSnaps! View Post
Uhm... I didn’t get that from the intro at all and I’ll say this was a more “serious” interview then I’ve heard them give before.
not bad at all. his intro threw me off. he usually goes off on how he likes his guest or how well the interview went. this time he basically said his initial doubts and hesitations to have them on were correct and I was totally worried they would have a repeat performance of the charlie rose interview. but it was cool
Old 12-17-2018, 11:14 PM
CANADA'S BIGGEST BBOY FAN

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TmipAUFvNN0

http://mic-to-mic.blogspot.com/

Old 12-18-2018, 07:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Extra Cheese View Post
not bad at all. his intro threw me off. he usually goes off on how he likes his guest or how well the interview went. this time he basically said his initial doubts and hesitations to have them on were correct and I was totally worried they would have a repeat performance of the charlie rose interview. but it was cool
I mean, it was not as bad as Maron's intro set it up to be, but it was still one of the lesser interviews in the WTF cannon. Maron could not, for all his attempts, rain in the tom foolery... especially towards the end he was pretty audibly exasperated. But whatever, I still enjoyed it.

message board

Old 12-18-2018, 09:49 AM

I mean you should what you are getting into when you interview them. It’s been documented over the years, shouldn’t be a surprise.

Old 12-18-2018, 09:52 AM

Maron's a jobber and the Beasties only give legit interviews on hiphop shows....Stretch podcast was a good one.

thank you Adam.

Old 12-18-2018, 11:33 AM
R.I.P. Brooklyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiberish View Post
still one of the lesser interviews in the WTF cannon.
I agree. Lesser for WTF but on par as a bboy interview.

I just think it’s a waste to be the ones who initiate interview requests (whether publicists or whoever) when you know you don’t want to do it
Old 12-18-2018, 02:13 PM
Mad Child

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj hood View Post
Maron's a jobber and the Beasties only give legit interviews on hiphop shows....Stretch podcast was a good one.
Haha, word.

Thats insane, you're stupid...you should sleep late man, it's just much easier on your constitution.

Old 12-18-2018, 03:30 PM
crazy sniffable

not sure why folks are trippin. it was a standard bboy interview. what were you expecting? the listen was just fine.

Old 12-19-2018, 08:50 AM

Arrow Re: Beastie Boys + Marc Maron

I liked it. They actually went easy on him. The only complaint I have is that Maron came off as trying to be too cool for them, like the older kid on the block that has a one-up on the younger kids. This get's turned on its head as he ends up jocking them for being from the city, while he's a transplant that obviously wishes he was there when NYC was "cool".

But yeah, you can't interview these dudes and not expect it go off the rails a little bit.
Old 12-19-2018, 01:25 PM
crazy sniffable

Its funny how the new dynamic has developed since adapting to duo format. Basically Mike plays the adult, and Adam the child.

In fact, just recalling now how they directly referenced Mike's treating Adam like his 11yr old son in this interview. Hilarious.

And for what its worth, for those of you unfamiliar with Maron, he can often come off as a hair irritable or dickish. But thats just him, and ultimately why he's actually a great interviewer, you'll find. He's not an ass-kisser, but not an outright asshole either, and stands by his his own point of view.

Old 12-20-2018, 05:20 AM

i enjoyed the interview

my only beef was that when he interviewed paul, he asked a lot of questions that any casual beatle fan would know the answer to so that he didnt get to the nitty gritty that he tends to get to with his guests. he's a good interviewer - i just didnt think he'd know anything about them and that they'd be turned off by that. but what we got was a typical beastie boys thing where they just take over. i thought there were some candid moments. and even though some have said adrock was aloof, i felt some love from him towards maron

i agree with cj.. they only give good interviews about the music to hip hop interviewers. i also thought the strombo interview was good in that respect

in case you havent heard em:

stretch https://www.npr.org/2018/10/22/65969...ing-adam-yauch

strombo https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NwX9xmLkG64
Old 12-22-2018, 08:50 AM
NYC Brouhaha Division

i just wish the guy said “Yauch” correctly.

Otherwise, I’ll take any long form podcast style interview with beastie boys and know what to expect as should the interviewer. these are the most serious Mike and Adam have ever been, because it’s literally their job and their livelihood right now to Kiss the Monkey on the Nose. I can’t count how many times I have heard Adam joke about buying the book “available now in the marketplace”

maron replied “I’ll sell the book for ya”

This was to convince casual fans To go out and buy the book.

It was third out of Strombo and Stretch obviously, but this was a great interview in this promo tour they are doing.

Adrock continued his little kid shtick on Kimmel, they are both feeding off of the love/hate lifelong friendship thing. Throw in an endearing story about Yauch from the book, rinse and repeat.

Long Burn The Fire. Rest In Peace Adam.