Old 11-28-2020, 12:31 PM

Default HSC Part One

there’s a guy on youtube that just posted a playlist of HSC Part One if you’re interested. he just put it up today, i haven’t checked it out yet, y’all can decide if it’s legitimate or not. peace.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...m2TZKrShguKFAT
Old 11-28-2020, 08:59 PM

Arrow Re: HSC Part One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micodin View Post
there’s a guy on youtube that just posted a playlist of HSC Part One if you’re interested. he just put it up today, i haven’t checked it out yet, y’all can decide if it’s legitimate or not. peace.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...m2TZKrShguKFAT
That channel is great. Tons of gems.
Old 11-29-2020, 03:17 AM

Default Re: HSC Part One

Im no production expert but the versions of these sound different and l do prefer them, more stripped back and less sonic ( which im sure everything l just wrote was wrong, in some peoples eyes)
Im just saying, they sound very beastie boys, l never really took to the zdar production.
I really hope this gets an offical release.

"I don't wanna go to a health farm,I just wanna have a good time"

Old 11-29-2020, 02:00 PM

Im no production expert but these versions sound different and l do prefer them, more stripped back and less sonic ( which im sure everything l just wrote was wrong, in some peoples eyes)
Im just saying, they sound very beastie boys, l never really took to the zdar production.
I really hope this gets an offical release.

"I don't wanna go to a health farm,I just wanna have a good time"

Old 11-29-2020, 07:37 PM
ps I love you

Nice! I'll have to do a side by side comparison sometime.

It's a Lion....YEA!

Old 11-30-2020, 08:05 AM
Current Member

It’s the 2011 HALSFY.

Shout at the Devil!

Old 11-30-2020, 09:45 AM

Potentially a really good / interesting find...

I know I'm not the only one who has wanted to hear the original mix (ideally with that superior artwork and sequencing too).

However, I think this has just been put together using all tracks currently available. I've only had time to listen to snippets here and there, and at first I thought maybe there were some slight differences in Make Some Noise and Long Burn the Fire. But I'm not convinced.

Obviously whoever has put this together has the knowledge to use the original Lee Majors and TMR, as well as getting the tracklisting right. But as KP points out, using the 2011 HALSFY is pretty lazy, and I do not not believe for one second that the Burndt Cake skit was simply renamed / reused for Full Force at the end of (what was released as) Part 2. On Part 2 it leads into the Full Force main beat perfectly, whereas here it sticks out like a sore thumb.

Some of the tracks I can almost convince myself that they sound a bit more lo-fi, but I don't believe it. The question is, why? Why bother doing this if it's not legit?

Quote:
DIAMOND: He wishes he could be here right now. So do we.

Old 11-30-2020, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave790 View Post

I know I'm not the only one who has wanted to hear the original mix (ideally with that superior artwork and sequencing too).

However, I think this has just been put together using all tracks currently available. I've only had time to listen to snippets here and there, and at first I thought maybe there were some slight differences in Make Some Noise and Long Burn the Fire. But I'm not convinced.

Obviously whoever has put this together has the knowledge to use the original Lee Majors and TMR, as well as getting the tracklisting right. But as KP points out, using the 2011 HALSFY is pretty lazy, and I do not not believe for one second that the Burndt Cake skit was simply renamed / reused for Full Force at the end of (what was released as) Part 2. On Part 2 it leads into the Full Force main beat perfectly, whereas here it sticks out like a sore thumb.

Some of the tracks I can almost convince myself that they sound a bit more lo-fi, but I don't believe it. The question is, why? Why bother doing this if it's not legit?
I totally agree. I think when an "original" track could be used it was included, but otherwise it's just the tracks from HSCP2. As for minor difference in sound, who knows where these tracks came from (straight rip from an official CD?), but they could have undergone degradation along the way that would make them sound different as well.

I dunno, I think people really try to find something with this whole "Part 1" thing, but I think the biggest story behind Part 1 is that the Beastie Boys are getting more traction out of this joke than any other joke in their history. It was a total Spinal Tap move to put out a Part 2 before a Part 1 came out, which was funny, but I don't think there's some secret Part 1 out there on a scratchy cassette tape in someone's wine cellar.
Old 11-30-2020, 01:26 PM

Arrow Re: HSC Part One

Quote:

I just listened to Tadlocks Glasses, Funky Donkey and Lee Majors Come Again so far.

I can't hear any differences with Tadlocks Glasses or Funky Donkey in the sorts of things you would expect to hear differences in, such as panning and effects. Those are the sorts of things that generally get tweaked in mixing/mastering.

Lee Majors, on the other hand, does have those sorts of differences. And Lee Majors is one of the tracks that got an early, non-Zdar release so that makes sense.

If you put on headphones the panning is the easiest thing to pick out.

So, I'm guessing these are re-ordered tracks and, when available, the earlier (non Zdar) mixes have been swapped in for the album versions.
Old 11-30-2020, 07:09 PM
Up in your Crawlspace

https://drownedinsound.com/in_depth/...committee-pt-1

That is a review from the original listening for Part 1. Bundt cake was a skit, and Lisa/Lisa was always the last track (Hidden at the end of the album on the original.)

One thing I always liked on the original track list was it started and ended with them saying "New York City"

Keep it on

Old 11-30-2020, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bradleystp View Post
https://drownedinsound.com/in_depth/...committee-pt-1One thing I always liked on the original track list was it started and ended with them saying "New York City"
i made a playlist of the Part 2 songs in the HSC1 order. i think it works better.
Old 11-30-2020, 09:50 PM
Up in your Crawlspace

Quote:
i made a playlist of the Part 2 songs in the HSC1 order. i think it works better.
Me too! I really enjoy the Part 1 track order. I just wish we could have gotten that artwork. I was excited when that art dropped, and knowing I would have it on vinyl. I was pretty disappointed when it changed to the art on 2.....

I wish we could get the original 'Here's a little somethin', just to hear it. Not the weird remix from the video game. And Bundt Cake, of course.

Keep it on

Old 12-01-2020, 02:55 AM

I commented on the Non Stop Disco Powerpack video asking whether or not the uploader had substituted tracks from HSCP2 and this was their response:

Quote:
Beastie Boys Collection
All the tracks are from Hot Sauce part 1. Nothing is from part 2. They are all off the part 1 cd.
I haven’t had a chance to listen with headphones yet but I’ll do that and also compare the waveforms to the mastered disc and see if there’s any differences.
Old 12-01-2020, 04:32 AM
Current Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brmanuk View Post
I commented on the Non Stop Disco Powerpack video asking whether or not the uploader had substituted tracks from HSCP2 and this was their response:

I haven’t had a chance to listen with headphones yet but I’ll do that and also compare the waveforms to the mastered disc and see if there’s any differences.
He’s either lying or been lied to.

Shout at the Devil!

Old 12-01-2020, 10:56 AM
Fair Use

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid Presentable View Post
He’s either lying or been lied to.
Just listened to B-Boys in the Cut on this thing and Adrock's cadence on the verse that includes "Oscar the Grouch...trashy; rockin' Derelict...flashy" is way different.

©MMIX. All rights reserved.

Old 12-01-2020, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyChavello View Post
Just listened to B-Boys in the Cut on this thing and Adrock's cadence on the verse that includes "Oscar the Grouch...trashy; rockin' Derelict...flashy" is way different.
whole thing is different....

thank you Adam.

Old 12-01-2020, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyChavello View Post
did B-Boys in the Cut get a early pre Zdar release? because this is def different than the Part Two version.

the review of HSCP1 said Bundt Cake was 21 seconds of a crisp drum break and snatches of cyber vocals. this version has the crisp drums but i don’t really hear any vocals.

i dunno guys, someone needs to get the scoop from the guy that uploaded this. i’d like to hear him out.
Old 12-01-2020, 12:10 PM

B-Boys in the Cut came out before / pre-Zdar via the instrumental and acapella being released separately.

So I’m still not convinced, but happy to be proven wrong. A photo of the (presumably promo) cd would help matters.

Quote:

Old 12-01-2020, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj hood View Post
whole thing is different....
Do you know if this is legit not?

A straight yes or no would be appreciated, and refreshing!

Quote:

Old 12-01-2020, 12:17 PM

Quote:
B-Boys in the Cut came out before / pre-Zdar via the instrumental and acapella being released separately.
ok well that makes sense because the version of B-Boys in the Cut thats on this guy’s Youtube channel is a vinyl rip. i could distinctly hear the pops.
Old 12-01-2020, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Do you know if this is legit not?

A straight yes or no would be appreciated, and refreshing!
Legit how?

BeastieBoys Collections is probably someone out of their camp....

thank you Adam.

Old 12-01-2020, 12:49 PM

The transitions between some tracks aren't the cleanest, especially the end of "Too Many Rappers" -- which leads me to believe this was put together piece by piece, as opposed to it being one cohesive album
Old 12-01-2020, 04:43 PM
Up in your Crawlspace

Quote:
ok well that makes sense because the version of B-Boys in the Cut thats on this guy’s Youtube channel is a vinyl rip. i could distinctly hear the pops.
I remember this came out in two parts, and someone put it together. The instrumental was on one thing, and the acapella was on another. I don't remember the specifics. It sounds like someone misaligned that last verse (not their fault, they had no idea what it would sound like)

But this was definitely the one someone put together from vinyl rips. Which makes the quote from the uploader that "These all came from the Part 1 CD" not true.

Keep it on

Last edited by Bradleystp : 12-01-2020 at 04:53 PM.
Old 12-01-2020, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bradleystp View Post
But this was definitely the one someone put together from vinyl rips. Which makes the quote from the uploader that "These all came from the Part 1 CD" not true.
i concur.
Old 12-01-2020, 05:58 PM
Current Member

Lee Majors, Pop your Balloon and B-Boys in the cut are literally the same rips we had in 2009. Cut is off cadence-wise because someone mashed the pella and the beat together (Zane Lowe played the official version a few months later, I believe). Balloon even has the cursing removed because it was ripped from a game.

Make Some Noise turned up on Z-Trips redacted thing, in its pre-Zdar glory, as limp and as lifeless as lettuce audio-wise. This one ain’t it.

AND it’s the 2011 HALSFY.

This is a playlist.

Shout at the Devil!

Old 12-01-2020, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid Presentable View Post
Lee Majors, Pop your Balloon and B-Boys in the cut are literally the same rips we had in 2009. Cut is off cadence-wise because someone mashed the pella and the beat together (Zane Lowe played the official version a few months later, I believe). Balloon even has the cursing removed because it was ripped from a game.

Make Some Noise turned up on Z-Trips redacted thing, in its pre-Zdar glory, as limp and as lifeless as lettuce audio-wise. This one ain’t it.

AND it’s the 2011 HALSFY.

This is a playlist.
i’d like to think some guy put this shabbily together and sold it to the Youtube guy on ebay. maybe he genuinely thought he had the real thing? we all could of done a better job than this lol.

was HALSFY was released before HSCP2? i don’t remember a different version.

Last edited by Micodin : 12-01-2020 at 06:52 PM.
Old 12-01-2020, 07:15 PM
Current Member

Quote:
i’d like to think some guy put this shabbily together and sold it to the Youtube guy on ebay. maybe he genuinely thought he had the real thing? we all could of done a better job than this lol.

was HALSFY was released before HSCP2? i don’t remember a different version.
My mistake: 2011 verses led me to conclude it’s the 2011 version. 2009 verses (Dr Ochek, dead mans ligament) were only ever on the DJ Hero mix, but safe assumption they were ‘final’ at that point.

Shout at the Devil!

Old 12-01-2020, 08:03 PM

i keep forgetting about the DJ Hero cuts.
Old 12-02-2020, 04:26 AM
ps I love you

Quote:
i keep forgetting about the DJ Hero cuts.
Were they ripped? I'll have to check those out.

It's a Lion....YEA!

Old 12-02-2020, 04:51 AM
Jay

Just discovered this on Youtube and came here to see if any of you guys posted. I'm pretty sure this is just an edited HSCpt2. Anyone remember that Beastie mashup, that one DJ did that had the original Make Some Noise? The OG Make Some Noise didn't have the "Party on the left/right, Right to Fight" prechorus part, which I'm sure was recorded later, especially considering it fits with FFYR Revisited.

Really wish this was legit, but even B-boys in the Cut sounds exactly like the fan mashup of the pella with the "El Bando" instrumental from 2009, which is why the vocals are off beat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Some Guy View Post
This is a quote.