Go Back   Beastie Boys Message Board > Beastie Boys > General Beastie Boys Discussion

Old 11-28-2020, 12:46 PM

Default Signed Beastie Boys Touring Turntable...

Currently on Ebay... not sure if I'm supposed to post this here but thought it would be of interest. Moderator, please kill the post if I've broken any rules and apologies.

MTV NEWS STAFF
04/15/1999
The Beastie Boys are selling off a little piece of hip-hop history.

The band is currently taking online bids for one of its old touring turntables. The Swingmate Concert Hall Automatic has been autographed by all three members of the Beastie Boys.
The gear was put on the auction block last week via the band's official website. Currently the high bid for the turntable is only near the $800 mark. But bidding is expected to get as fast and furious as the Boys' freeform beats during the last few hours of the auction, which will close on April 23 at 5 p.m.
In related news, the Boys have also taken to the web to premiere the video for "Three MC's And One DJ," which features a live version of the song performed by the Beasties and accomplice Mixmaster Mike.
The Beastie Boys will launch a European tour in support of "Hello Nasty" on April 19 in Stuttgart, Germany, after which the trio will head to Australia to make up some concerts it was forced to cancel earlier this year (see
"Beastie Boys Postpone Australian Tour Dates").

The Beasties don't have any more U.S. shows currently scheduled, though they'll most likely participate in the 1999 Tibetan Freedom Concert being held in Chicago.
Old 11-28-2020, 08:57 PM

Arrow Re: Signed Beastie Boys Touring Turntable...

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamM View Post
Currently on Ebay... not sure if I'm supposed to post this here but thought it would be of interest. Moderator, please kill the post if I've broken any rules and apologies.

MTV NEWS STAFF
04/15/1999
The Beastie Boys are selling off a little piece of hip-hop history.

The band is currently taking online bids for one of its old touring turntables. The Swingmate Concert Hall Automatic has been autographed by all three members of the Beastie Boys.
The gear was put on the auction block last week via the band's official website. Currently the high bid for the turntable is only near the $800 mark. But bidding is expected to get as fast and furious as the Boys' freeform beats during the last few hours of the auction, which will close on April 23 at 5 p.m.
In related news, the Boys have also taken to the web to premiere the video for "Three MC's And One DJ," which features a live version of the song performed by the Beasties and accomplice Mixmaster Mike.
The Beastie Boys will launch a European tour in support of "Hello Nasty" on April 19 in Stuttgart, Germany, after which the trio will head to Australia to make up some concerts it was forced to cancel earlier this year (see
"Beastie Boys Postpone Australian Tour Dates").

The Beasties don't have any more U.S. shows currently scheduled, though they'll most likely participate in the 1999 Tibetan Freedom Concert being held in Chicago.
Didn't find it. Is there a link? Also, I can't imagine they've ever used anything on your other than 1200s or Vestax tables. I'd love to see more about this.
Old 11-29-2020, 07:53 AM

Default Re: Signed Beastie Boys Touring Turntable...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir SkratchaLot View Post
Didn't find it. Is there a link? Also, I can't imagine they've ever used anything on your other than 1200s or Vestax tables. I'd love to see more about this.
They didn't use it in concert- more personal use, like hotel rooms etc. (while on tour)... Looks like some ash on the platter :-)

EBay selling # 154217614548
Old 12-01-2020, 01:12 PM

That auction number didn't work. How about a link...?!?
Old 12-02-2020, 05:27 AM

sorry folks:

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/154217614548

something funky with the listing, may have to re-list it... but hope that link works...