Old 06-05-2022, 12:20 PM
R.I.P. Brooklyn

Default cypress hill documentary

I haven't seen it yet. if anyone saw it i was wondering if the bboys were more than just a couple of words in it? i know it aint about them but theres the bobo and early touring connection

heard a little bit of drink champs with cypress and muggs talking about they went on tour with the bboys to steal their fans lol. Muggs always sounds so miserable with a chip on his shoulder lol
Old 06-05-2022, 06:42 PM

Default Re: cypress hill documentary

watched it on 4/20. they mention the Beasties and give them nothing but props and appreciation. they tell a couple stories too. i think they were all Bobo related.

i’ll love the first 3 Cypress records. the sonics on the first one are amazing.

i saw them once in Camden NJ at a summer festival show. Cypress, Beasties and the Strokes were the headliners. i was impressed with their live show.
Old 06-06-2022, 08:23 AM
crazy sniffable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micodin View Post
. i’ll love the first 3 Cypress records. the sonics on the first one are amazing
truth. Black Sunday is an achievement. What a vibe. “I Want To Get High” is a top five all time album opene. Off the chain.

it's just 2 wheels and me, the wind in eyes...

Old 06-06-2022, 10:43 AM
R.I.P. Brooklyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micodin View Post
i’ll love the first 3 Cypress records. the sonics on the first one are amazing.
First one is straight bonkers. 1. Pigs 2. Kill a man 3. Hand on the pump, I thought pigs was a dope weird song. Weird song, hardcore song, song with a duke of earl sample?!?!?!?!??? Bonkers
Old 06-06-2022, 04:19 PM
space cake cookie

i think elephants on acid is amazing, on the sonos setup it hits hard. the new record and a lot of the nu-metal'ish stuff in the middle didn't do it for me aside from a few bangers here and there. that elephants record though is really good for a late career drop. it's the type of experimental record i would expect the beasties to be releasing in 2022. ugh alas...

thank you adam adam & mike

Old 07-03-2022, 11:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Extra Cheese View Post
First one is straight bonkers. 1. Pigs 2. Kill a man 3. Hand on the pump, I thought pigs was a dope weird song. Weird song, hardcore song, song with a duke of earl sample?!?!?!?!??? Bonkers
Yeah that first one is incredible. Really one of the best rap albums but never really gets mentioned, kinda underrated in that sense. B's flow is impeccable and the beats are so creative and musical. That shit is real art.

B Real's a rapper who kinda gets overlooked, I think it's cause his content is pretty basic and repetitive. His flows can just be insanely good though.
Old 07-05-2022, 01:54 PM
crazy sniffable

I always enjoyed that old chestnut about when Yauch nearly got into a fist-fight with a club DJ when the DJ rebutted Yauch's insistence that he play the entire Cypress Hill self-titled LP from front to back, just after it came out. for the life of me can't recall where I read that.

Old 07-05-2022, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother McDuff View Post
I always enjoyed that old chestnut about when Yauch nearly got into a fist-fight with a club DJ when the DJ rebutted Yauch's insistence that he play the entire Cypress Hill self-titled LP from front to back, just after it came out. for the life of me can't recall where I read that.
haha that’s great. i haven’t heard that one. but i remember Yauch talking about them during the Pump it Up show back in the day.
Old 07-06-2022, 01:59 PM
technically insane

after seeing this thread I went to showtime and saw this for myself. I always liked Cypress Hill, but I was already knee deep into the Beastie Boys...

Anyway, loved the film.

We stole their drummer, we had better weed....

did like the Ad Rock voice reference

earl@fuckyoumyman.com

Old 07-06-2022, 03:10 PM
crazy sniffable

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbott View Post
after seeing this thread I went to showtime and saw this for myself. I always liked Cypress Hill, but I was already knee deep into the Beastie Boys...

Anyway, loved the film.

We stole their drummer, we had better weed....

did like the Ad Rock voice reference
Always thought it was a pretty sleazy move on Bobo's part to bail on a commitment mid-tour like that. I'm assuming the weed quality allusion may be sarcasm, but if not, even lamer. Not a good look.

I've heard Bobo on B-Real's hotbox podcast a few times now, and he seems like a bit of a dirtbag, tbh. Fredo was definitely an upgrade, by way of character if nothing else.

Old 07-06-2022, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3stooges View Post
Yeah that first one is incredible. Really one of the best rap albums but never really gets mentioned, kinda underrated in that sense. B's flow is impeccable and the beats are so creative and musical. That shit is real art.

B Real's a rapper who kinda gets overlooked, I think it's cause his content is pretty basic and repetitive. His flows can just be insanely good though.
Your comment reminded me of a track on IV... I think it’s Audio X? Ridiculous flow. So much so he almost doesn’t pulll it off.

I’ve enjoyed a lot of the Hill’s output and, like the Beadties, I always appreciated how they delivered all the vocals live without backing tracks etc (the full band nu-metal segment of the show era was not for me though).

Quote:
DIAMOND: He wishes he could be here right now. So do we.

Old 07-07-2022, 08:48 AM
R.I.P. Brooklyn

Quote:
Always thought it was a pretty sleazy move on Bobo's part to bail on a commitment mid-tour like that
lol yeah I always I felt like I took it more personal than the actual band lol, cuz I don't think they ever said a word about it, but then think about how many percussion players they went through and then to finally settle with bobo. even the woodstock story from bobo it was the tour manager who was upset while the bboys understood.

The fact that bobo(and AWOL) were included in the crew pic on the IC artwork made me think the band was really down for bobo. as well naming a few songs for him, "bobo on the corner" "son of neck bones" . although most likely it would've been another ricky powell situation where they wouldn't mesh as they got older. ALSO, what made me think they really down for bobo, I was looking on beastiemania gigography for some reason and I saw a few shows were cancelled cuz bobo had some hand injury. entire show cancelled for him?

Last edited by Extra Cheese : 07-07-2022 at 09:09 AM.
Old 07-07-2022, 09:41 PM
High Plains Drifter

Quote:
I have heard this too but also cannot remember where....

"BEASTIE BOYS Will Forever Be 1 of the BIGGEST inspirations 4 me in music & life."
-Busta Rhymes

Old 07-11-2022, 08:33 AM
technically insane

I cant help but think about this knowing I have no real idea

It is obvious to me that there is love between the BB and CH IMO.

Things were good until this happened, I left a note…

You know I think that the BB were the 3, plus others and those others, like the Beatles were a rotating door.

This guy had a chance to become a member of the band. As hard as it is to understand how anybody could not choose the BB, I do think this opportunity was special.

I assume there is nothing but love between them all right now.

earl@fuckyoumyman.com

Old 07-11-2022, 10:05 AM
crazy sniffable

In his defense, Cypress did make Bobo a full-fledged member of the group, whereas he was never destined to graduate beyond a side-man with the Beasties. But regardless, still a bit unceremonious to leave folks hanging like that, especially when they essentially put you on.

Old 07-12-2022, 01:49 PM
R.I.P. Brooklyn

then they go and take MMM as well
Old 07-13-2022, 08:49 PM
technically insane

So I have watched this 2 more times … well I put it on while I was working

One of my favorite actions here was when one of the band left, they were welcome back and came back. That seemed real cool to me.

Then today I saw CH is coming to a town I sell weed to…. Lubbock, Tx is a great customer source for my New Mexico Recreational weed sales. I have my tickets already to see Cypress Hill next month. Pretty fucking happy about this.

I was sad this morning When Thinking how Red Rocks Never Happened HSCP2, while watching the new Bill B.

earl@fuckyoumyman.com