Go Back   Beastie Boys Message Board > Beastie Boys > General Beastie Boys Discussion

Old 07-14-2019, 08:27 AM
Up in your Crawlspace

Default Hello Nasty: How Three MCs And One DJ Created The Beastie Boys’ Classic

https://www.udiscovermusic.com/stori...s-hello-nasty/

Keep it on

Old 07-14-2019, 03:01 PM
R.I.P. Brooklyn

Default Re: Hello Nasty: How Three MCs And One DJ Created The Beastie Boys’ Classic

https://www.instagram.com/tv/Bz0MUNu...=1oivdhomvduxk
Old 07-14-2019, 03:17 PM
R.I.P. Brooklyn

Default Re: Hello Nasty: How Three MCs And One DJ Created The Beastie Boys’ Classic

I remember Krock in New York premiering intergalactic right after the Howard stern show and me recording it on cassette, I remember buying the CD and thinking man it’s been 4 years, I really really really hope this isn’t wack.

I loved it and told everyone it was my favorite beastie album, I know it disappointed a lot people but I thought it was fiyahhhhh
Old 07-14-2019, 06:26 PM

I loved it too. I was obsessed with Hello Nasty.

Yes Adam yauch was very spiritual yes he raised awareness about the situation in Tibet yea he was a great father , husband and friend but most of all he was a dope MC one of the greatest to ever pick up a mike his voice will be missed- Chris Rock

Old 07-15-2019, 09:32 AM

Arrow Re: Hello Nasty: How Three MCs And One DJ Created The Beastie Boys’ Classic

I was a DJ at a college radio station when Hello Nasty came out and played the hell out of Intergalactic when it dropped. I still remember, it was a single-track CD. I was pretty used to that weird feeling when a B-Boys album came out and trying to wrap my head around it by that point. Paul's Boutique just sounded weird to me at first but it grew on me. When CYH came out I would fast forward to the rap and punk songs, but then as the weeks went by found the instrumentals growing on me. Same type of thing with Ill Communication. They definitely upped the ante with Hello Nasty but by that time I pretty much knew it was going to take me for a loop and that the songs would grow on me.

In fact, Hello Nasty was the opposite in some ways because it was some of the rap cuts that took a while for me. The thing that I never really got used to from HN through the rest of their records is some of those crazy-ass rhyme styles. Particularly Mike's ventures into the upper notes. His first line on Unite is a good example. Starts off in classic Mike D style: "Goin off the hook like Latrell Spreewell I've got the ill technique so you know .." then he raises the pitch way up "me be well". Still a little too wild for me to this day.