Old 04-14-2012, 09:13 AM

Default MCA fields a soccer team!

Adam Yauch: Oscilloscope Club Soccer Manager

http://www.contactmusic.com/news/de-...r-game_1316307
Quote:
Robert De Niro, Adam Yauch, Dave Matthews and the Law And Order crew will all field teams for a star-studded soccer tournament in New York later this month (Apr12).
A number of teams will go head to head for the five-a-side games as part of the Tribeca/Nyfest soccer tournament in conjunction with the Tribeca Film Festival and the highlight will be a star-studded match on 21 April (12) at Pier 40 in Manhattan.
Beastie Boys star Yauch has registered a team through his Oscilloscope Laboratories film production company, while the Dave Matthews Band star will compete under his Ato Pictures banner.
Robert De Niro’s Tribeca Enterprises will also field a team along with the crew of hit TV cop show Law & Order.
It is not known which famous faces will be taking part in the games, but last year's (11) tournament was a star-studded affair with Orlando Bloom, Ethan Hawke, Anthony Lapaglia and tennis ace John MCEnroe all taking part.
Old 05-03-2012, 12:10 PM
I'm flowing prose to cons

Default Re: MCA fields a soccer team!

We need a thread where we just post updates that are related. Here is another small update with a new statement from Yauch on some changes at the lab with co-founder Fenkel. I was just saying I had hoped to hear something from Adam even if it was a statement about the lab and here we go lol.

http://www.variety.com/article/VR1118053477

I'll never turn back 'cause that's the way I've got to live.....

https://twitter.com/beastieboysnews

Old 05-03-2012, 04:39 PM

The hit TV show Law and Order was cancelled two years ago. I wonder if they mean SVU or whether they're bringing back the oldsters.
Old 05-03-2012, 07:24 PM

probably SVU, or maybe Criminal Intent, or maybe just old Dick Wolf's production company overall.

as for that PR blurb, I'm glad it wasn't that Yauch stepping down. that's good news in general to see him still making statements about his business and participating in community events like this.

Fenkel was on board with TH!NKFilm from the AIFST days per the article

thanks for the link, linkster