i just know a swan form a goose is all
Old 02-20-2009, 02:15 AM
just here for the .gifs

Default Re: Genius Thread II

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungRemy View Post
this is worth a thread

it's not "a monkey could do it"

the term is "a monkey at a typewriter" and all the different twists on that saying- a thousand monkeys at a typewriter, a million monkeys and blah blah blah

it's called the infinite monkey theorem it has been linked to William Shakespeare and even mentioned in a review for AIFST (see what I did there?)

Regardless, it is also a direct reference to the monkey being shot in Connecticut the other day, we all know that yada yada

but the one thing it is NOT is racist, as it is comparing the writers of the stimulus package, ie Congress, not President Obama, who signed the stimulus package.

the other thing to point out is how many times Bush was shown to look like a monkey, but if Al Sharpton complains about this comic in the Post it's now racist against Obama?

it was never about Obama in the first place.

again, a chimp is not a monkey...and you really think that the author was referencing a theorem????? let say he was, but also forgot that chimps weren't monkeys, he's saying that a beserker chimp randomly typed out the new stimulus bill? and that this is the same chimp that lived in connecticut and ripped a woman's face off?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! I get it now. oh wait, I still don't.

also you can't tell me that this asshole isn't racist when he makes comics like this as well:

http://gawker.com/5155855/ten-master...onas#c10823634

he's also a homophobe and completely unfunny.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freebasser View Post
So wait, this guy is driving around in his jeep with his cat and his television in the back and he's got his favourite music blaring away and... I think I've missed the point.

Old 02-20-2009, 02:19 AM
just here for the .gifs

yeah, that other dude is totally a swan. this guys a canadian goose. ^

Quote:
So wait, this guy is driving around in his jeep with his cat and his television in the back and he's got his favourite music blaring away and... I think I've missed the point.

Old 02-20-2009, 02:27 AM
NYC Brouhaha Division

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorothy Wood View Post
again, a chimp is not a monkey...and you really think that the author was referencing a theorem????? let say he was, but also forgot that chimps weren't monkeys, he's saying that a beserker chimp randomly typed out the new stimulus bill? and that this is the same chimp that lived in connecticut and ripped a woman's face off?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! I get it now. oh wait, I still don't.
stop with the semantics.

monkeys vs chimps, goose vs. swans, that's not the fucking argument.

and yes, i believe it was a direct reference to "monkey at a typewriter" not the entire theorem.

again, congress wrote the stimulus package, not Obama.

Quote:
The Post's Editor-in-Chief insists his cartoonist was simply mocking the authors of the fiscal stimulus Bill as no better than a team of trained monkeys. But the newspaper’s critics say Sean Delonas’s sketch was tantamount to calling for Barack Obama to be assassinated.
Dorothy, it's political cartoon satire, it's supposed to be controversial. The author is implying a monkey could have written the stimulus bill.

a monkey got shot and is in current events, he linked the two. did you see the "Beware of Dog" sign in the cartoon and in the photo of the crime scene in which a domesticated pet monkey was given Xanax, stabbed and shot by police?

Al Sharpton linked it to Obama. And the crowd went wild.

Long Burn The Fire. Rest In Peace Adam.

Old 02-20-2009, 02:35 AM
three steps ahead

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurdBerglar View Post
what does a swan have to do with cananda?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trumpeter_Swan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DipDipDive View Post
You haven't lived until you've been pounded up against a flaming trash can.

Old 02-20-2009, 03:03 AM
three steps ahead

Quote:

Old 02-20-2009, 03:31 AM
Tella Tillas

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericlee View Post
why just showing cucumbers and no peaches in the genius thread? you fuckin sexist!

it looks damn tasty though

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim wont fix it View Post
Hitler was RIGHT wing you stupid fuckbeast

Old 02-20-2009, 03:40 AM
just here for the .gifs

Quote:
stop with the semantics.

monkeys vs chimps, goose vs. swans, that's not the fucking argument.

and yes, i believe it was a direct reference to "monkey at a typewriter" not the entire theorem.

again, congress wrote the stimulus package, not Obama.

Dorothy, it's political cartoon satire, it's supposed to be controversial. The author is implying a monkey could have written the stimulus bill.

a monkey got shot and is in current events, he linked the two. did you see the "Beware of Dog" sign in the cartoon and in the photo of the crime scene in which a domesticated pet monkey was given Xanax, stabbed and shot by police?

Al Sharpton linked it to Obama. And the crowd went wild.

I didn't say the monkey thing was racist. I'm just saying I can see how people would take it as such. especially considering that other comic I put up, which is very clearly racist.

I'm actually more offended by the mocking of the chimp thing. it's a really sad story that has nothing to do with politics, and I don't get the connection or think it's even remotely clever...or even a joke for that matter.

altogether, the guy just comes off as an unfunny jerk. I'm not up in arms about this comic, I'm a little surprised and upset that the artist's been able to keep a job at a newspaper considering the homophobic and racist content of much of his work.

and I will not stop with the semantics, I like them!

Quote:

Old 02-20-2009, 03:57 AM
NYC Brouhaha Division

We are talking about the New York Post. Tabloid journalism at its finest. They want you to be angry at their political cartoons.

Page Six.

News Corp.

Rupert Murdoch.

Fox News.

Quote:
Wednesday's Page Six cartoon - caricaturing Monday's police shooting of a chimpanzee in Connecticut - has created considerable controversy.

It shows two police officers standing over the chimp's body: "They'll have to find someone else to write the next stimulus bill," one officer says.

It was meant to mock an ineptly written federal stimulus bill.

Period.

But it has been taken as something else - as a depiction of President Obama, as a thinly veiled expression of racism.

This most certainly was not its intent; to those who were offended by the image, we apologize.

However, there are some in the media and in public life who have had differences with The Post in the past - and they see the incident as an opportunity for payback.

To them, no apology is due.

Sometimes a cartoon is just a cartoon - even as the opportunists seek to make it something else.
http://www.nypost.com/seven/02192009...oon_155984.htm

and what is sad is that the lady treated the monkey like it was a human.

Old 02-20-2009, 04:22 AM
Tella Tillas

i thought it would have been funny (but still racist) if the monkey or chimp held a flag in his hand saying somethng like GUESS I WAS WRONG, NO WE CANT *dies*

but yeah shooting monkeys, chimps, blacks, whites, presidents is wrong
(in most cases lol)

comparing blacks to monkeys also is

Quote:

Old 02-20-2009, 04:32 AM
just here for the .gifs

I'm not going to get into the value of a human's life vs. a chimp's, but the woman was a trainer, you don't know how she treated the chimp. he was a working animal, in commercials and movies and whatnot.

maybe if you listened to the 911 tape of the situation (which I did not do on purpose), you wouldn't take it so lightly.

I'm done with this. you think it's fine, I don't. big deal.

dude's mega unfunny. and it's sad to me that he's able to make a living at it.

Quote:

Old 02-20-2009, 09:12 AM
☭ ☭ ☭

My first thought was that it was calling Obama a chimp. I then thought, hey, that's racist. Then I thought that it doesn't have to be.

Then I thought, the artist probably made it look like it could be racist so that people think it is, then cleverly not have it completely racist so he can say HA I'm not racist.

So the artist is a scumbag.

TO MAKE GOLD IN WORLD OF WARCRAFT YOU GOTTA BE THE BEST, MAKING SILVER OR BRONZE IS NOT ACCEPTABLE. DO IT FOR YOUR COUNTRY, AT THE WORLD OF WARCRAFT OLYPMICS.

Old 02-20-2009, 11:12 AM
anti-semite cossack sluts

Quote:
I really don't see why you're upset over a simple cartoon that was posted by me onto a message board with a small community when all I'm doing is mocking a dipsht artist who doesn't know how to get his point across and he did it for millions of readers to see. Also, am I known as a racist here? No so for real, ease up.
dude, we all know you're not racist and that you're a good guy, but the cartoon was a veiled racist attack on obama.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongDuckDong View Post
So a pic of a monkey being shot is insultful, but 'faggoty white uniforms' is ok?

You're a fucking idiot.

Easy! That wasn't aimed at you. It was aimed at that sazi idiot. Jeez!
it's a line from a few good men, obviously a movie you haven't seen, otherwise you'd understand the irony behind it and wouldn't resort to hurling insults.

Quote:
Regardless, it is also a direct reference to the monkey being shot in Connecticut the other day, we all know that yada yada

but the one thing it is NOT is racist, as it is comparing the writers of the stimulus package, ie Congress, not President Obama, who signed the stimulus package.

the other thing to point out is how many times Bush was shown to look like a monkey, but if Al Sharpton complains about this comic in the Post it's now racist against Obama?

it was never about Obama in the first place.
are you so sure about that? a lot of the redneck mouthbreathers out there in the media are using this same line of justification, however their argument falls flat in that the stimulus package was something that obama campaigned for very recently, travelling to both indiana and florida. it's the most crucial, defining aspect of his presidency thus far. the mouthbreathers weak line that it's congress' bill and not obama's is ludicrious. i suppose then that every piece of legislation in the next four to eight years will have nothing to do with obama? please. regarding the chimp that was shot recently too, i'm not sure i'm buying that also. this comic afterall was published in the new york post, one of the most sleaziest, right-wing sensationalistic tabloids.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob View Post
baseball is the r&b of sports

Old 02-20-2009, 11:34 AM

jesus, take a chill pill! ®

ritz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid Presentable View Post
...has gone on atwixt, nay, afween the seams...

Old 02-20-2009, 12:33 PM
NYC Brouhaha Division

Quote:
Originally Posted by sazi View Post
are you so sure about that? a lot of the redneck mouthbreathers out there in the media are using this same line of justification, however their argument falls flat in that the stimulus package was something that obama campaigned for very recently, travelling to both indiana and florida. it's the most crucial, defining aspect of his presidency thus far. the mouthbreathers weak line that it's congress' bill and not obama's is ludicrious. i suppose then that every piece of legislation in the next four to eight years will have nothing to do with obama? please. regarding the chimp that was shot recently too, i'm not sure i'm buying that also. this comic afterall was published in the new york post, one of the most sleaziest, right-wing sensationalistic tabloids.
what is it about the chimp that you aren't buying? like I posted earlier, did you notice the "Beware of Dog" sign in the cartoon? that was from the scene in Connecticut.

Political cartoons use current events and broad sweeping generalizations to get their points across.

did I think it was funny? no
did I think it was insensitive? perhaps
did I think it was racist? absolutely not.

to answer your question, sazi, no I'm not sure. I'm an average reader with an interpretation of the cartoon. it's the NY Post.

If the monkey had the word "Congress" written over him in true political cartoon fashion, or if the artist never used the word "stimulus bill" this would never have been an issue.

but the mere fact that president Obama is tied to the story, it's a veiled racist attack on the president.

PC run absolutely amock.

Old 02-20-2009, 12:42 PM
the stud

it's a line from a few good men, obviously a movie you haven't seen, otherwise you'd understand the irony behind it and wouldn't resort to hurling insults.

Good movie. Seen it several times. Funny line too. But you're still a fucking idiot just like your parents.

-Tony?
Old 02-20-2009, 12:53 PM

terrorists are happy republicans didnt win. im failing to see the racism here. are 'terrorists' supposed to be offended that they are not depicted in tuxedos?

ritz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid Presentable View Post
...has gone on atwixt, nay, afween the seams...

Old 02-20-2009, 12:53 PM
the stud

It's lonely being Padster.
Old 02-20-2009, 01:04 PM
anti-semite cossack sluts

Quote:
PC run absolutely amock.
nah, it's more like people objecting to flat-out ignorance. but i hear you, i think i agree with almost everything else you stated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob View Post
baseball is the r&b of sports

Old 02-20-2009, 02:07 PM
three steps ahead

Quote:

Old 02-20-2009, 05:14 PM
Technodrome

the hereford in the background is priceless
Old 02-21-2009, 01:37 AM
the stud

Hey, sorry, sazi. That came out mean.

Picked you randomly to mess with, and now I feel bad.

And yes, I am Michael Diamond.

Anybody wanna see a pic of taint?

Last edited by LongDuckDong : 02-21-2009 at 01:40 AM.
Old 02-21-2009, 02:37 AM
just here for the .gifs

Quote:
Originally Posted by b i o n i c View Post

terrorists are happy republicans didnt win. im failing to see the racism here. are 'terrorists' supposed to be offended that they are not depicted in tuxedos?

are you going to pick a fight with me in every thread now?

if you don't think that's a racist comic, I can't help you.

Quote:

Old 02-21-2009, 05:03 AM
The Super Thing

Quote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5wStu1hIag0
Old 02-21-2009, 05:40 AM
Tella Tillas

Quote:

Old 02-21-2009, 06:09 AM
three steps ahead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorothy Wood View Post
are you going to pick a fight with me in every thread now?

if you don't think that's a racist comic, I can't help you.
Sorry miss wood but I don't find it racist either and b has a very good point.

If it were a pic of US and coalition forces dancing around, would it be racist as well?

To me, that pic is nothing more than a militia from a different country that's tired and worn of having people around that don't belong there under the command of a warped monkey.

Now, a level headed person is speaking of pulling the unwanted people out. Being reasonable at it.

Shit, that pic does lack characters of more cultures than Arabic.

Quote:

Last edited by ericlee : 02-21-2009 at 08:20 AM.
Old 02-21-2009, 05:35 PM
Hola

If your world was all black and if your world was all white
Then you wouldn't get much color out of life now right