Go Back   Beastie Boys Message Board > Beastie Boys > General Beastie Boys Discussion

Old 12-22-2020, 04:55 PM

Default UMG Stores is just as bad as King's Road

A Christmas tale for all y'all kiddos out there...

SEPT 4th, 2020 -- Pre-ordered three things from Beastie Boys website:
1x "Music" 2xLP with multi-logo t-shirt
1x "Music" CD with multi-logo t-shirt
1x graffiti logo t-shirt

Also pre-ordered the Target-Exclusive 2xLP on red vinyl.

OCT 29th -- Target order arrived safely. Assuming other order would follow shorty, I continue on with my life...

NOV 30th -- Somehow remember about unfilled order... reply to original purchase email and ask "I never received my order ORRRR any updates! What is going on?!"

NOV 30th (later that same day) -- They respond with "We're looking into this for you and will be back in touch with an update as soon as possible. We aim to respond to requests within a few business days, but due to a higher than normal volume of inquiries our response may be delayed. We appreciate your patience!
"

DEC 3rd (3 days later!) -- They respond with "Thanks for reaching out to us. Unfortunately, it looks like there's been a delay in receiving inventory of the Graffiti White T-Shirt in your order and we're currently working on obtaining an updated shipping estimate for you. We truly apologize for any inconvenience caused by this delay. We're looking into this and will be back in touch with an update as soon as possible!"

DEC 3rd (same day) -- I respond with "Is it possible to send the other stuff now, so I don't have to wait any longer? I know this was a preorder, but it's been three months, and no one alerted me to this delay. And the CD/t-shirt combo is a Christmas gift!"

DEC 6th (3 days later!) -- They respond with "Thanks for your reply and our apologies for this delay! Please note that we're unable to modify the shipping methods of any customer's order after it has been created. However, we are able to simply remove an item from your order if you'd like! If you'd like for us to cancel your current order or the delayed item so that you can place a new order, let us know within 3 days and we'll be happy to help! Be advised, however, that refunds can take 3 - 10 business days to appear on your account."

DEC 6th (same day) -- I respond with "Yes please cancel the order for the delayed t-shirt. I still want both the 2xLP and CD, along with both bonus 2XL logo shirts. Can this be done so I get them for Christmas?"

DEC 10th (4 days later!) -- They respond with "Thank you for your reply! Your refund for the Graffiti White T-Shirt - 2XL will be processed within 7-10 business days - you'll receive a confirmation email once your refund is complete."

DEC 10th (same day) -- I respond with "But will I be getting the other stuff I ordered back in September BEFORE Christmas? And I'm sure you're extremely busy, but why does it take four days to get a reply from your company?"

DEC 13th (3 days later!) -- They respond with "Thanks for your reply and our apologies for any delays in responses! We're working to get your refund processed ASAP, so hopefully we will be able to get it delivered by Christmas, though unfortunately, shipping delays are more common than usual right now. We'll be sure to reach out when your refund has been processed and your order shipped."

DEC 13th (same day) -- I respond with "Why does the refund have anything to do with the other two purchases? Put them in a box with some bubble wrap and ship them to me? Come onnnnn. Shoulda shipped on December 3rd when this whole thing started! Please help me!!"

DEC 16th (3 days later!) -- They respond with "Your recent ticket request (#2107903) with uMusic Customer Care has been solved. Thank you for your response and our apologies for the wait! We have refunded you for the Graffiti White T-Shirt in this order. Please allow 3-10 business days for this transaction to appear in your account. We are currently working on fulfilling the rest of the items in your order as soon as possible. You should receive your tracking information in the next few business days!"

DEC 17th (1 day later) -- "How would you rate the support you received from uMusic Customer Care?"

DEC 21st (5 days later!) -- They respond with "The last items in your order are on the way!"

DEC 21st (same day) -- Tracking number doesn't work yet...

Today... tracked the package and it's scheduled to get here next week, after Christmas mind you. Thanks guys! YOU SUCK! And I'll be sure to give you a link to this post, so you know how I rate the "support" I received. Unreal.

And I'm well aware this has NOTHING to do with the Beasties. There's probably some giant warehouse that controls merch for 100 bands, and it's impossible for anyone to just go back in there, pick an order, and make someone's Christmas gift happen on time.

And just think... what if I never remembered about this purchase. Would they have just kept my money (charged in full on 9/5) and just never filled the order because one of the pieces was out of stock? Hmmmm...
Old 12-23-2020, 10:59 PM

Default Re: UMG Stores is just as bad as King's Road

Some things never change I guess - one of those things being the shitty Beastie store.

To add on to what you've said, I'd been really disappointed with a few retailers and how they've handled this whole USPS debacle. For those out of the loop or not in the US, the United States Postal Services has been absolutely slammed this year thanks to COVID (both losing lots of employees to sickness, having to recoup back overtime, and everyone ordering everything online), so even our "2 to 3 day" priority shipping is now taking about a month.

Anyway, what pisses me off about a number of retailers is that they don't even offer an alternative. I'm a HUGE supported of the USPS, and I want the next administration to stop treating it like shit, but while the giant Cheeto is still in office, can retailers at least offer to ship UPS or FedEx even if it costs more? I've straight up asked some stores at the point of sale "Please send this UPS - I'll pay extra." Next thing I get is "Your package has been shipped! It should arrive in two to three days!" 30 days later and something resembling a package that has been kicked from one coast to the other rolls in.

Anyway, yeah, I feel your frustration.