Go Back   Beastie Boys Message Board > Beastie Boys > General Beastie Boys Discussion

Old 07-24-2019, 01:48 PM

Default Adidas Americana Beastie Boys sneakers

Saw this in Brooklyn vegan about the beasties new sneakers

Horovitz says the Adidas partnership felt right because they’ve actually been wearing them for decades. “Like, I love Coca-Cola, because it’s delicious,” says Horowitz. “And if it was just about McDonald’s fries, I’d be on board, because I use those products. Same with Adidas. I’ve used their Campus and shell toes, and Stan Smiths, and Rod Lavers . . . a lot of their products!”

When it came to designing their own pair, the two decided on vegan canvas in an off-white, accented with a light gray cotton jersey liner and matching three stripes. The Check Your Head-era, Eric Haze-designed Beastie Boys logo is stamped on the tongue and inside. “We just started talking with a couple of their design guys about different ideas for what we could do to the sneaker, and Mike and I were talking about the stripes, and what if they were cut out and you could see through the shoe,” says Horovitz. “Then we thought it’d be cool if it was like a sweatshirt on the inside, like a sweatshirt for your feet, and you could see the inside from the outside. That’s our twist.”

Oh, and don’t forget about the gum soles. “We’re suckers for the gum soles,” says Diamond.

"I don't wanna go to a health farm,I just wanna have a good time"

Old 07-24-2019, 09:58 PM

Default Re: Adidas Americana Beastie Boys sneakers

I’m going to try and get a pair tomorrow. I hope there not crazy expensive

Yes Adam yauch was very spiritual yes he raised awareness about the situation in Tibet yea he was a great father , husband and friend but most of all he was a dope MC one of the greatest to ever pick up a mike his voice will be missed- Chris Rock

Old 07-24-2019, 11:06 PM

Says they're $85 at select stores across the US> - Anyone got info on which stores? I'd definitely want a pair...
Old 07-24-2019, 11:18 PM

Who says?

Earlier today the beastie Boyd’s Facebook posted the list of stores. I’ll got copy and paste it here.

Yes Adam yauch was very spiritual yes he raised awareness about the situation in Tibet yea he was a great father , husband and friend but most of all he was a dope MC one of the greatest to ever pick up a mike his voice will be missed- Chris Rock

Old 07-24-2019, 11:21 PM

Here's where the sneaks will be available tomorrow:
UPRISE SKATEBOARDS - Chicago
THE KINGSWELL PROJECT - Los Angeles
CIVIL - East Greenwich, CT
PREMIER SKATEBOARDING - Grand Rapids, MI
PLA - Sacramento
LABOR - New York
ORCHARD SKATESHOP - Boston
NO COMPLY - Austin
NJ SKATESHOP - Jersey City
HUMIDITY SKATES - New Orleans
FURNACE SKATESHOP - Buena Park, CA
FAMILIA SKATEBOARD - Minneapolis
COWTOWN SKATEBOARDS - Tempe
BLACK SHEEP - Charlotte
ATLAS SKATEBOARD STORE - San Mateo, CA
510 SKATEBOARDING - Berkeley
35TH NORTH INC - Seattle
303 - Denver
Dime - Montreal
Adrift - Toronto
SUPREME NY - Brooklyn
SUPREME LA - Los Angeles
**Proceeds from sales go to Little Kids Rock and PEACE Sisters

Old 07-25-2019, 06:43 AM
there it is

if'n i had a pair of adidas made for me they'd still def be green..vegan canvas and velcro stripes that go over the shoes.. my fav still are the hello nastys white on white

yeah today is my tom sawyer themed day.. i mean who says if'n anymore???
lol

emckannon.wix.com/mc-kannon

Old 07-25-2019, 08:23 AM
noR ehT

I’m standing in line (lucky number 7)right now in Minneapolis...they only have 8 pair.

"MC for what I am and do...the A is for Adam"

Old 07-25-2019, 08:40 AM

I drove to Charlotte from Atlanta. Black Sheep skate shop.
I was first one here by 20 minutes or so. They also only had 8 pairs (only 2 my size). 😄
Old 07-25-2019, 11:21 AM

In line in Berkeley. 14 people in line. No clue if they got only 8 or more.

Old 07-25-2019, 11:33 AM
Rest in Peace Yauch

Thumbs down Re: Adidas Americana Beastie Boys sneakers

I went to the Chicago shop today. Got there an hour before they opened. About 30 people in line. Lots of arguing and confrontation about who was in what order. Cops called - 3 squad cars show up. Only 9 pairs. Cops and owner figured out who the first 9 were and sent everyone else on their way.

Thank You Adam Yauch

Old 07-25-2019, 12:15 PM

Nope.

Got to the door and they announced they sold out. All the dudes in front of the line were outside the store taking photos of them and uploading them. Dicks. Gonna flip them do that away from people actually wanting them.

Old 07-25-2019, 12:51 PM
MCL with a story to tell

Quote:
Originally Posted by WesleyOHSnaps! View Post
Nope.

Got to the door and they announced they sold out. All the dudes in front of the line were outside the store taking photos of them and uploading them. Dicks. Gonna flip them do that away from people actually wanting them.
Sorry to hear you didn’t get a pair. I wasn’t after them myself but I feel for the real fans who queued up and left empty handed. Currently looking at a pair for sale for $530 on eBay. Madness.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...173 976513465
Old 07-25-2019, 01:48 PM

The whole way it was executed was bad. Only 500 made for a charity and only select shops got them? Some got only 8 pairs? Just silly.

Old 07-25-2019, 03:48 PM

Arrow Re: Adidas Americana Beastie Boys sneakers

We all know that these are the REAL b-boys shoes

https://www.adidas.com/us/campus-shoes/BZ0084.html

$40.00. I prefer Gazelles anyway.
Old 07-25-2019, 04:39 PM
Music est. 1986

So Toronto only had 9 pairs. I went down to get some for the other board members in the city and possibly myself (I didn't really have the funds, nor were these a huge priority, considering I didn't know about them until 2 days ago)

Place opened at 11:00am, and to be consistent with my life, of course I was running late. Texted fellow board member MiketotheD who told me that she was able to arrange a small window away from work and was already in the line. She was fourth in line and had about 10 people behind her.

I got there 10 past 11 and of course, they were predictably sold out. I was informed that the the majority of the people in line were not fans but just slimy hucksters looking to flip the shoes on eBay.

If you're reading this, and you were one of those scummy eBayers, either in Toronto or another city, then "HEY FUCK YOU"
It's the same for the pieces of shit who are taking the 3" Sabotage RSD releases and up-selling them on eBay. "HEY FUCK YOU"

You are taking them away from deserving fans, some of whom may have travelled far distances and also who were planning on supporting charities and local business.

This was a way for fans to get some rare memorabilia while supporting a good cause, but you eBay assholes had to exploit all aspects of it. Two wrongs never make a right, but I sincerely hope that you get ripped off on a transaction in the same way that you're ripping the fans off.

I'll end on a positive note, MiketotheD got a pair in her size, and it seems as if the shoes sold out everywhere, so in the end PEACE SISTERS and Little Kids Rock win, and I guess that's all that really maters.
Old 07-25-2019, 04:39 PM
Music est. 1986

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir SkratchaLot View Post
We all know that these are the REAL b-boys shoes

https://www.adidas.com/us/campus-shoes/BZ0084.html

$40.00. I prefer Gazelles anyway.
Rockin' these right now!
Old 07-25-2019, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pesto pizza View Post
Horovitz says the Adidas partnership felt right because they’ve actually been wearing them for decades. “Like, I love Coca-Cola, because it’s delicious,” says Horowitz. “And if it was just about McDonald’s fries, I’d be on board, because I use those products. Same with Adidas. I’ve used their Campus and shell toes, and Stan Smiths, and Rod Lavers . . . a lot of their products!”
Looking forward to the Adrock fries and Coke promo at the meth-tweaker McDonald's in my neighborhood.
Old 07-26-2019, 10:22 AM
space cake cookie

fuck the people who stood in line to grab an $85 pair to go home 30 minutes later and post them for resale on ebay or stockx for $500. especially since part of the proceeds went to charity and the person who paid $500 (maybe me) had none of that go to the charity.

fuck the people who go to galaxy's edge and build a $200 lightsaber and snatch up all the white and yellow $15 crystals just to go home to post them on ebay for $1000 bundle.

thank you adam adam & mike

Old 07-26-2019, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dust monkey View Post
fuck the people who stood in line to grab an $85 pair to go home 30 minutes later and post them for resale on ebay or stockx for $500. especially since part of the proceeds went to charity and the person who paid $500 (maybe me) had none of that go to the charity.
This is exactly how I feel subjectively, because it would be better if I didn't have to deal with profiteers who gave not one single shit about the band, the fans, the charities, or the vision.

Objectively it's no different than buying something and selling it later. Buy low, sell high. To be sure, there are some dirt bags, but how can I blame somebody for monetizing their time in line?
Old 07-26-2019, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfatlove06 View Post
This is exactly how I feel subjectively, because it would be better if I didn't have to deal with profiteers who gave not one single shit about the band, the fans, the charities, or the vision.

Objectively it's no different than buying something and selling it later. Buy low, sell high. To be sure, there are some dirt bags, but how can I blame somebody for monetizing their time in line?
The dudes in the front of the line had no idea what it was for. Just that it was a rare Adidas shoe. When a beastie fan told them what it was and for they just shrugged and could give a shit. They also knew how many shoes they had and kept counting the line and laughing. If I knew at the time that’s what they were doing I would of been so pissed. I just thought they thought it was funny how many people showed up.

Old 07-26-2019, 01:22 PM

More coming....

thank you Adam.

Old 07-26-2019, 05:04 PM

Everything about these is perfect.... except for the availability.
Fingers crossed for a wider release, especially if it’s for charity.
I think the shoes look perfect
Old 07-26-2019, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj hood View Post
More coming....
Here we go...

Old 07-27-2019, 02:12 PM

Quote:
The dudes in the front of the line had no idea what it was for. Just that it was a rare Adidas shoe. When a beastie fan told them what it was and for they just shrugged and could give a shit. They also knew how many shoes they had and kept counting the line and laughing. If I knew at the time that’s what they were doing I would of been so pissed. I just thought they thought it was funny how many people showed up.
Truth. Flippers are pretty much a cancer. Profiteers at best. They take advantage of limited releases and resell for profit only. I don't know how anyone can stop that. Maybe in a different time you or I would have conceded our spot for a true fan, I probably would have. The only point I want to make (understand I am on team fuck flippers and team fans should get the limited releases) is that if enough fans showed up 8 hours early, they couldn't have been there early enough to flip them. It's not an endorsement of what they are doing, or a recrimination of 30+ year fans for not rearranging their schedule to show up in the middle of the night for a shoe launch. The flippers have a well organized game plan. The fans can either go way out of their way to get shit at cost or pay the flippers. That's reality.
Old 07-27-2019, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Here we go...
Quote:
Originally Posted by cj hood View Post
More coming....
CJ I love and respect you, truly. But you get the gas face. Provocateur, influencer, told you it was gonna happen before it happened even though I couldn't tell you shit about when, where, and how it is going to happen trope is played out as fuck. Just my opinion.
Old 07-27-2019, 04:27 PM

<michael jackson eating popcorn gif>
Old 07-27-2019, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Truth. Flippers are pretty much a cancer. Profiteers at best. They take advantage of limited releases and resell for profit only. I don't know how anyone can stop that. Maybe in a different time you or I would have conceded our spot for a true fan, I probably would have. The only point I want to make (understand I am on team fuck flippers and team fans should get the limited releases) is that if enough fans showed up 8 hours early, they couldn't have been there early enough to flip them. It's not an endorsement of what they are doing, or a recrimination of 30+ year fans for not rearranging their schedule to show up in the middle of the night for a shoe launch. The flippers have a well organized game plan. The fans can either go way out of their way to get shit at cost or pay the flippers. That's reality.
The way to prevent this dynamic is to not create it in the first place. Don't sell these exclusive limited runs like this. Just make the stuff available for purchase on a web store for whoever wants to buy it. When they sell out make more. This would raise way more money for the charities.

I don't get the whole collector rare exclusive thing. To be honest, much like in the art world, for me, the only way it makes sense is as someone who buys and sells for profit. If someone is going to go on eBay and pay the $500 for a pair of sneakers, to me, that doesn't make sense. But people will do that. So of course someone will want to be the seller.
Old 07-27-2019, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3stooges View Post
The way to prevent this dynamic is to not create it in the first place. Don't sell these exclusive limited runs like this. Just make the stuff available for purchase on a web store for whoever wants to buy it. When they sell out make more. This would raise way more money for the charities.

I don't get the whole collector rare exclusive thing. To be honest, much like in the art world, for me, the only way it makes sense is as someone who buys and sells for profit. If someone is going to go on eBay and pay the $500 for a pair of sneakers, to me, that doesn't make sense. But people will do that. So of course someone will want to be the seller.
I agree 100%. I think that sometimes, things become expensive due to availability, but also fate. Case in point, the 7" green Get It Together record sells for at least $50 on Discogs. Sure, these were limited edition at the time, but it was more than vinyl was kind of dead in the mid-90s and no one could predict that Ill Communication would become one of the most important albums of the 90s. In 2019, people who bought that record for sale price back in 1994 can sell them for more. That's one thing.

But when a product hits the market and will essentially only be sold on the secondary market to actual fans, that's a different story. I'm not saying Beastie Boys never did limited runs in the past, but it wasn't like the sneakers and the RSD release. Shit, I was still a teenager living in god damn MAINE when the anthology came out, and my record store had a few vinyl copies, so I could grab one with the money I made delivering pizzas.

An example of how I think this went well recently: the 2009 collectors' editions and the most recent vinyl reissues. The collectors editions now sell for quite a bit, but as late as a couple years ago you could still buy them brand new from the website. The 2017 reissues were great as well. TT5B was stupid expensive to buy online, but then came the reissue and finally people could actually get a copy for under $30, and when the store ran out, they got some more in.

Last edited by tuc70021 : 07-27-2019 at 07:06 PM. Reason: Adding more boss commentary
Old 08-15-2019, 09:19 AM

Quote:
CJ I love and respect you, truly. But you get the gas face. Provocateur, influencer, told you it was gonna happen before it happened even though I couldn't tell you shit about when, where, and how it is going to happen trope is played out as fuck. Just my opinion.
last time i was forthcoming i was scolded by management.....

thank you Adam.