Go Back   Beastie Boys Message Board > Non-Beastie Boys > Beastie-Free General Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-07-2011, 04:06 PM
no mames

Default I dont like my job, but I make a lot of money

Who else here is, or has been, in a similar situation?

Anyway, hi bbmb! Maybe some of you remember me talking about me having some moral issues with my job. (We sell animals. In large amounts. To anyone who has the money. Neither me or any of my coworkers legitimately know where or who they come from.) also (The boss is probably a pedophile, often travelling to Brazil to pay young boys to have sex with him, as well as engaging in many legally questionable business running practices)
I'm still there. Aaaand I dont love what i'm doing, it is certainly not what I want to spend the rest of my life doing. I get pissy, frustrated, tired, frequently. It is not uncommon for me to be at my place of work for more than 60 hours a week. I'm even embarrassed to tell people what my career/trade is, because most people dont take it seriously. (But it still is a skilled trade.)

But, my paycheck is seriously more than anything I could make at any other job that I am qualified for. I am college educated, but only in Fine Arts. In new york, everyone is an "artist" and having come from all over the world to settle here, it is certain that their work is of a much higher standard than mine. My degree can not reasonably get me any other kind of job. I mean, apart from a low paying, entry level job.
Having grown up with both parents on welfare, living in the shittiest houses in the shittiest neighborhoods, not having shit, and certainly never being familiar with the concept of a "disposable income," i feel like this is what it's gotta be for me.

So i guess my question to you people of the bbmb is; is this what it takes to be successful? Is this what you have to do to be comfortable, and not have to worry about paying bills, not have to worry about being able to afford the things you want? Or am I not opening my eyes? Is it possible to do something that you love, and make a comfortable salary, and still have enough spare time to spend the money that you earn?