Go Back   Beastie Boys Message Board > Beastie Boys > General Beastie Boys Discussion

Old 11-28-2018, 03:11 AM
italiana

Default Re: Beastie Board meeting London!

Landing in Albion on Friday about at 13.30.
(Doors open at 18.30)

*We gonna party for the muther fucking right to fight*

Old 11-28-2018, 05:40 AM

Location: Republic of mancunia, now exiled in the west midlands

A few tickets further tickets have just been released for Friday-get there quick!
Old 11-28-2018, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterclamp View Post
I'll be there with the gf. We will be in London around late lunchtime for a quick bit of sightseeing here and there, then probably go for a drink somewhere near the theatre. What time are you hitting London?
I'm going both nights now as manage to snag a ticket for Friday too. I'll probably meet up with my friend Thursday afternoon and probably grab some food with her, then head over to one of the pubs in Kentish Town for 6.30-7.00ish.
Old 11-28-2018, 04:14 PM
The name Praying Mantis

Nice, both nights! Well we'll be wearing Beastie Boys tops if that helps ha. Look for a tall bloke with a very short girl
Old 11-29-2018, 09:05 AM
The name Praying Mantis

We're on our way! No idea how to post links to photos, but here's one on my Instagram if it works!?

https://www.instagram.com/p/BqxK-Yyl...=1czaea4mzw45q
Old 11-29-2018, 01:09 PM
The name Praying Mantis

In the Bull & Gate
Old 11-29-2018, 03:13 PM

Coming from Belgium at 2pm this Friday. I will wear the yellow hamburger BB t-shirt + red puma suede shoes. And I got a beard like a billy goat...

Well I feel I'm losing my mind, this time.
This time I'm losing my mind.

Old 11-30-2018, 11:30 AM

Cool. Will look out for a yellow hoody. I'lll have black jeans, navy and white Adidas and white Beasties T shirt on. Say hi if you see me as ill be on my own.
Last night was fantastic. I was crying at the end when Adam was talking about Yauch. Gonna get there early in the hope I can get near the front tonight (was up on the balcony last night)
Old 11-30-2018, 12:45 PM
Online Since 1999

Red face Re: Beastie Board meeting London!

Quote:
Originally Posted by beastiegirl View Post
Cool. Will look out for a yellow hoody. I'lll have black jeans, navy and white Adidas and white Beasties T shirt on. Say hi if you see me as ill be on my own.
Last night was fantastic. I was crying at the end when Adam was talking about Yauch. Gonna get there early in the hope I can get near the front tonight (was up on the balcony last night)
Is the merchandising worth it? Im on the line outside and its crowded. I dont know if take a look at the expo or just go for the good seats

beastiemixes.com

Old 12-03-2018, 07:11 PM

looking forward to stories
Old 12-06-2018, 11:05 AM
(¯`·.,¸¸.-»

ok, here's my weekend recap!
After arriving at Heathrow and taking the train to London town, I met up with Jerome and drank a few beers. Then Laura joined us, and we found a place to have diner together. We took an uber to the venue, and the line was already around the corner! Lucky us, we found Eoin and Haero from the board halfway down the line and joined in. 4 board members down the line already!
When the venue opened the doors, things went quite fast.
Too bad the exposition did not make it to London. We all looked forward on seeing that stuff.
After some waiting we were able to enter the arena. The place where the show was was a really old building in some kind of roman theatre setting. We sat somewhere halfway up and met more board people (Uru Nitro was there!). The place was packed.
The show itself was really great. Funny stories, emotional moments, I really enjoyed watching it. I did not read the whole book yet so some of the stories were new to me. The fish eye pic series from the Paul's Boutique era was awesome!
After the show we had a beer in the venue's lounge, and all of the sudden Mix Master Mike showed up for some pics, which was a surprise. Very friendly guy.

Next day I got up early to get in line for the book signing. I was at the bookstore around 10. There were 2 people there already (I met Paul Sid who is a really nice guy) but the queue got longer pretty fast. Haero (Andrea) joined me after a short while and during waiting we talked a bit about music and stuff. Eventually we were able to enter the building and were taken downstairs into the queue.
The signing itself went really fast. We shook hands and I thanked the boys for the inspiration and the music. I had some other things in mind to ask, but time was limited and I had to make way for the next in line already. Unfortunately it wasn't possible for the boys to write down my name in the book, but I can imagine that writing 1.000 autographs is a bit much work already. They were very friendly though, especialliy Adam who was very responsive to what I was saying.
After the signing Haero and I had lunch and (more) beers. After lunch we joined Laura and Eoin in the queue who were at the very end of it.
We had some coffee afterwards, and then I rushed back to the airport because I had to play at a gig myself in Holland.
In short, one great weekend!

Last edited by Taco Zip : 12-06-2018 at 11:33 AM.
Old 12-11-2018, 07:16 AM
repeat

Me and the Padster went on the Thursday, it was the first time I'd ever met anyone from the board, but fortunately I found him to be a lovely chap and an exceedingly considerate lover.

The gig was great, but £120 for a hoody? Nah, bruv.

Quote:
Originally Posted by some korean pirate View Post
13 multilateral atomic arms reduction.

Old 12-20-2018, 05:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco Zip View Post
ok, here's my weekend recap!
After arriving at Heathrow and taking the train to London town, I met up with Jerome and drank a few beers. Then Laura joined us, and we found a place to have diner together. We took an uber to the venue, and the line was already around the corner! Lucky us, we found Eoin and Haero from the board halfway down the line and joined in. 4 board members down the line already!
When the venue opened the doors, things went quite fast.
Too bad the exposition did not make it to London. We all looked forward on seeing that stuff.
After some waiting we were able to enter the arena. The place where the show was was a really old building in some kind of roman theatre setting. We sat somewhere halfway up and met more board people (Uru Nitro was there!). The place was packed.
The show itself was really great. Funny stories, emotional moments, I really enjoyed watching it. I did not read the whole book yet so some of the stories were new to me. The fish eye pic series from the Paul's Boutique era was awesome!
After the show we had a beer in the venue's lounge, and all of the sudden Mix Master Mike showed up for some pics, which was a surprise. Very friendly guy.

Next day I got up early to get in line for the book signing. I was at the bookstore around 10. There were 2 people there already (I met Paul Sid who is a really nice guy) but the queue got longer pretty fast. Haero (Andrea) joined me after a short while and during waiting we talked a bit about music and stuff. Eventually we were able to enter the building and were taken downstairs into the queue.
The signing itself went really fast. We shook hands and I thanked the boys for the inspiration and the music. I had some other things in mind to ask, but time was limited and I had to make way for the next in line already. Unfortunately it wasn't possible for the boys to write down my name in the book, but I can imagine that writing 1.000 autographs is a bit much work already. They were very friendly though, especialliy Adam who was very responsive to what I was saying.
After the signing Haero and I had lunch and (more) beers. After lunch we joined Laura and Eoin in the queue who were at the very end of it.
We had some coffee afterwards, and then I rushed back to the airport because I had to play at a gig myself in Holland.
In short, one great weekend!

glad you guys got to meet! post some photos!!
thanks for this
Old 12-20-2018, 08:44 AM
(¯`·.,¸¸.-»

Quote:
Originally Posted by M|X|Y View Post
glad you guys got to meet! post some photos!!
thanks for this
Here's a photo of me at the book siging event.

Board meeting group pic
Left to right board members: Laura, Taco Zip (me), Eoin MCL, Haero, Mister-Gerard

Last edited by Taco Zip : 12-20-2018 at 09:02 AM.
Old 12-24-2018, 02:37 AM

yeaaaah