Old 05-06-2012, 06:47 PM

Default Re: Adam Yauch - 1964-2012

Even though there seems like nothing else new to contribute to all of the amazing things people have said on these boards over the past few days, I echo the same feeling of loss expressed by everyone. Adam was --and is -- an inspiration as a man, a musician and an innovator. But the music, the lyrics and the genius of it all have been pivotal in my life. Thank you for bringing laughter through tears, showing the world you can be a true talent, have a sense of fun and adventure, make the world a better place, and matter to so many people for so many good reasons. My heart breaks for your family and friends, and for all of us as we realize that no one is going to pass the mic to Yauch.

Lisa
Old 05-06-2012, 07:00 PM
CANADA'S BIGGEST BBOY FAN

RIP Yauch. This hits me so hard. I owe everything to him and the Boys for making the music they did, that I was able to meet my future wife, and have the best son in the world, and some of the greatest experiences of my life following you guys on tour. This still doesnt seem real and I dont know if ever will. You were a great man, always took the time to be considerate to fans, the world has lost a husband, father and a music icon.

We will miss you Adam. Thank you for everything you've ever graced us fans with.

http://mic-to-mic.blogspot.com/

Old 05-06-2012, 07:28 PM

I'm so heartbroken. At first I was just angry. Like F*** everything. But, that's not what MCA was about. So, I can't be that way either. I just can't believe it. 25 years of greatness that will be here forever. It's been such a huge part of my life. I can't imagine a world without MCA in it. I never thought it would get to this point. I was sure he'd pull through. Part of me hopes the Boys will carry on. But, I'd understand if they didn't. I just wish he was still here. For his family, if nothing else. My heart goes out to everyone who has ever loved Adam Yauch. He was one of the best.
Old 05-06-2012, 07:37 PM
for your health

I like a lot of music and sometimes with the music comes great people who say great things,do great things and just never fail to bring happiness between all the crap in the world.Thank you Beastie Boys for the magic.
Thank you Adam Yauch for making a lot of people happy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echewta View Post
I've never been nor do I ever want to go to a party where dude takes his shirt off.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DipDipDive View Post
I'm known to compliment a nice beard and I definitely have boobs and a vagina.

Old 05-06-2012, 07:47 PM
Old-School B-Boy

My hero. My inspiration. I'll meet you when I get there. And I'll bring a bunch of beats!
Old 05-06-2012, 08:34 PM
bite my rhymes

It's been nice reading everyone's sentiments and I would also like to offer my condolences. My favorite thing about the Beasties has always been their clever humor in their music. It has gotten me through some tough times and it will get me through this as well. I'm so glad we can revisit it at any time- it does indeed live on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yauch View Post
peter eater parking meter all of the time.

Old 05-06-2012, 08:40 PM

i just gotta say i am torn up inside by the loss of the man who was my hero. I will miss MCA forever and will never forget his awesomeness.
Old 05-06-2012, 08:45 PM

No words! Just gutted. So Sad. RIPMCA You will never be forgotten!

much love to your Family, friends, and fans.
Old 05-06-2012, 08:48 PM
BeastieMommy

Stay with me--you'll like this.

I teach a second grade class of inner city kids. Teachers use a variety of tools to call a class to attention. For example: teacher claps --clap, clap------clap, clap, clap and the class responds in same. This is used as a signal to listen up. Other variations are SpongeBob--Are you ready kids? Aye Aye Captain! and many others. In my class, I say, "Make some noise if you're with me" and the kids all respond with "ooh ooh"(MCA's "disco call"). It infuses my passion (teaching) with my passion (BBoys) in a most excellent, daily way. I also play MIX-UP anytime we do an energetic activity....Make Some Noise if You're with me!
Old 05-06-2012, 09:06 PM
PhD In Parapsychology

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-ren View Post

I teach a second grade class of inner city kids. Teachers use a variety of tools to call a class to attention. For example: teacher claps --clap, clap------clap, clap, clap and the class responds in same. This is used as a signal to listen up. Other variations are SpongeBob--Are you ready kids? Aye Aye Captain! and many others. In my class, I say, "Make some noise if you're with me" and the kids all respond with "ooh ooh"(MCA's "disco call"). It infuses my passion (teaching) with my passion (BBoys) in a most excellent, daily way. I also play MIX-UP anytime we do an energetic activity....Make Some Noise if You're with me!
I like this. When I used to substitute I had to give a spelling test and one of the words was shawl. My example sentence was "you look a little chilly, can I get you a shawl?"

In my current job we have to do something throughout the day that we refer to as "checking your holds." People put up various notes and reminders at their desks. Mine is a slightly modified CYH cover to say "Check Your Holds"

"There's more to me then you'll ever know." - Adam Yauch, Hey Ladies

Old 05-06-2012, 09:28 PM
BeastieMommy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodie View Post
I like this. When I used to substitute I had to give a spelling test and one of the words was shawl. My example sentence was "you look a little chilly, can I get you a shawl?"

In my current job we have to do something throughout the day that we refer to as "checking your holds." People put up various notes and reminders at their desks. Mine is a slightly modified CYH cover to say "Check Your Holds"
Love Love Love in so many ways. My spelling tests are somet
hing like this: cream. fresh like a box of Krispy Kreme. cream. My BBoys are always in my heart
Old 05-06-2012, 10:01 PM
Hero

Worked for 3 hours in my garden this morning and I'm sure my neighbors got sick of hearing Beastie Boys blaring out of the yard. I had all the albums on shuffle. "I Don't Know" was crazy to hear.

One of my favorite Bboys tracks of ALL TIME sucked for the first time today. "Dope Little Song."

Damn.

Long Burn the Fire

Adam Yauch

1964 - 2012

Old 05-06-2012, 10:31 PM
You hear that fkn brass?

I've always wanted to have turn tables and get good but I never had faith in myself, Yauch this new experiences i'm now motivates to do is thanks to you.

www.theillestfans.webs.com
Welcome to the site of illest proportions.

When you've got so much to say
It's called GRATITUDE
& That's RIGHT.

(R.I.P Adam Yauch.)

Every thought in the mind
is a planted seed.

Old 05-06-2012, 11:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-ren View Post

This is beautiful! I also teach! T_T two passions ...
Old 05-06-2012, 11:32 PM
W58St & Beastie Boys Blvd

One of the best moments of my life was when I met Adam Yauch. This was after I was one of the camera operators for "Awesome....". I went to the Oscilloscope Laboritories loft and did a brief interview about the experience of being a camera operator for the Beastie Boys.

After the interview I waited in the kitchen area of the loft and right behind me Adam came out from his office and asked me how it went. I was in such amazement to see one of the people I've always looked up since a kid that all I could say at that moment was that I was seeing spots from the overhead light in the interview room. This is typical me, so I was able to be myself in a nervous way. I then thanked him for the opportunity and told hime I appreciated it. He replied with a "you're welcome" and was so kind. I wanted to explain my love of the Beastie Boys since a kid, take a picture with him, and tell him how much this group has meant to me but all I could do was say "thank you" and let the silence take over.

I am so heartbroken by all of this. I really hope that his wife, daughter, parents, family, friends, and fans can all find peace in the one thing that we all share; which is the love we have for this incredible person.

aka Shadrock since 1997

Where's my sando?

Old 05-06-2012, 11:41 PM

i don't think I've been on this message board since i graduated high school about a decade ago. its crazy...i even had to start up a new account its been that long but NEVER forgotten. life just went on....but when i heard their newest album was out the hot sauce committee pt2 i made sure i got it as soon as it hit stores...shocked with delight that even now almost 30... i can still listen to a triple trouble trio that brought so much happiness to my youth. but when i heard of the death of Adam MCA Yauch, like many i went numb. i thank Yauch so much for introducing me to the teachings of Buddhism when i needed it in my life so badly when i was younger. Yauch made such a positive impact on my life. he was a good person...whether it was a son, father, friend, activist or musician. i will always remember you...and love you. to say thank you can never be enough...to show you my gratitude is the peace i know you were longing for, fought for and died for. forever in my heart...mind...and spirit. namaste.....

TWILIGHT ZONE CAN'T COMPARE TO THE LIFE I LIVE AT THIS VERY MOMENT

Old 05-07-2012, 02:16 AM

I have no words...What a sad Day...
Rest in Paradise Adam Yauch.
Old 05-07-2012, 02:39 AM

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c1...6371459595.jpg

the only way i know to express myself 0% of artist do what the beastie boys do

Last edited by samthebarber : 05-07-2012 at 02:42 AM.
Old 05-07-2012, 02:53 AM

Big influence, very very sad days... RIP Mr Yauch.

(For those who can read french=> http://beyondthenoize.blogspot.fr/20...yauch-mca.html )
Old 05-07-2012, 04:09 AM
I eat the pannekoeken!

Much respect to MCA, you've been a big influence in my life and I love you guys! May you rest in peace brother...
Old 05-07-2012, 04:49 AM
The name Praying Mantis

RIP MCA. You, Adam and Mike shaped who I would become, back from 1986/87 when I first heard you at the age of 14 through to the present day as a 39 year old man. To this day having owned Paul's Boutique on vinyl, CD (twice) and download...I discover new layers all the time, the rhymes and beats are still as fresh! When you transitioned into men, opened my eyes to the world and great issues such as the Free Tibet cause. I even learnt to snowboard due to you Mr Yauch at the ripe age of 37! Hitting a red run to the sound of "Looking Down the Barrel of a Gun" in my eargoggles was a sweet, sweet moment!

Thankyou so much for the great times and helping me fight through the bad. Adam and Mike, part of me hopes you'll carry on making Beastie music but I know it won't be the same without Yauch.*

Much love to you all x*
Old 05-07-2012, 06:06 AM
:(

I'm forgetting which bits i've posted in, if i even have or not.....it's all so messed up. I still haven't put any Beastie Boys on to listen to, not sure why,don't want to just yet. But i think i already said this somewhere, IC was playing saturday afternoon at a new skatepark locally, that was awesome, some incredible skaters out that day, and just the best soundtrack, if bittersweet.

I never really had heroes before, until them, and Yauch. It's literally like a huge gaping hole opened up, in my imagination it's in NY, but i suppose it's everywhere. Big love to those that truly knew him and he was their everyday in a more real sense.
Old 05-07-2012, 06:42 AM
non sequitur.

i'll miss you yauch. the outpouring of grief here and elsewhere has been really moving. it has made me stop and listen and consider things. i could eulogise for a long, long time, but i think i'll just leave it at this and say i hope everyone close to him is feeling that love right now.

she's a pearl of a girl, i guess that's what you might say

Old 05-07-2012, 07:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadbells View Post
I really hope that his wife, daughter, parents, family, friends, and fans can all find peace in the one thing that we all share; which is the love we have for this incredible person.
Amen.

Quote:
DIAMOND: He wishes he could be here right now. So do we.

Old 05-07-2012, 09:50 AM
The Illest Jew-O-Rican!!!

I don't know if the "R.I.P. MCA" Run DMC logo was created on here, but either way, I'm now seeing it on Twitter.

We Love You MCA!

Old 05-07-2012, 09:54 AM
Basic As Fuck.

someone on youtube wrote "nyc lost another tower"
heh

-------------------------------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Gus
The friendship ended when I wiped my arse on his pillow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pres Zount
I don't really love you! Lyman zerga is on my ignore list, but you don't deserve it, you swine!
-------------------------------------

Old 05-07-2012, 10:48 AM
Super Villain

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.C. Guevera View Post
I don't know if the "R.I.P. MCA" Run DMC logo was created on here, but either way, I'm now seeing it on Twitter.
There's also shirts on eBay already...
Old 05-07-2012, 11:00 AM
:(

You know, i think they're ok, but i'm fucked if i'd ever line the pockets of some prick making money off the back of this. Now, if the money was going to the milarupa fund, or something else in the name of Adam....i'd consider it. Still a bit tacky though, eh?
Old 05-07-2012, 11:08 AM

i kind of don't like the smell of any of these "buy x and a certain amount will go to charity"

instead of buying something like that, why not just give $ to charity?
Old 05-07-2012, 11:15 AM
Adrock

I dont know why cause its making me feel worse but iv been going Beastie crazy lately looking at old videos I have and videos on youtube etc. I came across a photo from flickr of them at the Fight For Your Right Revisited Premiere an it looks like they are answering questions from the crowd. Is there any video fo this anymore that anyone knows of ?

Back On The Mic Its The Anti-Depressor

www.youtube.com/lauriehammy