Old 10-03-2013, 09:11 PM
just here for the .gifs

Default Re: Breaking Bad

Yeah but Landry killed that dude remember? Then hid it and then everything was all party after that. That was dumb I hated that storyline.

I won't try to convince the fans that the show sucks...but I think it's pretty sloppy. Aesthetically good production value though. I'll give it that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freebasser View Post
So wait, this guy is driving around in his jeep with his cat and his television in the back and he's got his favourite music blaring away and... I think I've missed the point.

Old 10-03-2013, 09:52 PM
good reactions, etc?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorothy Wood View Post
Yeah but Landry killed that dude remember? Then hid it and then everything was all party after that. That was dumb I hated that storyline.
that was terrible, yeah
Old 10-03-2013, 10:40 PM
utter nonsense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob View Post
but that moment where he crosses the line and gets hank killed, and skyler can't handle him anymore, and his son finally learns who he is, and he has that moment in the house, where he still thinks he's in control, and that he has to protect his family, only to have that "wake the fuck up" moment where his wife is bleeding on the floor and his son is protecting her from walt with his own (disabled) body...i dunno, i feel like it was a reality that needed to crash down in order for the show to end properly.
That was it! I thought Jesse's line where he said "He can't keep getting away with it!" was key. We genuinely wanted an almost masochistic catharsis where Walt would pay up, even if we empathized with him at first.

reality is a shit of a thing

Old 10-04-2013, 04:32 PM
technically insane

My buddy has the black hat

I told him don't take under 10k

Could it go for 50k

earl@fuckyoumyman.com

Old 10-04-2013, 06:40 PM
technically insane

Sorry I'm full of shit

To many beers

earl@fuckyoumyman.com

Old 10-04-2013, 07:37 PM
Current Member

To many beers!

Shout at the Devil!

Old 10-04-2013, 08:24 PM
Hero

Quote:
I think it's badly written.
Ha!!!!!! Good one.

Long Burn the Fire

Adam Yauch

1964 - 2012

Old 10-05-2013, 01:40 AM
Smart

Arrow Re: Breaking Bad

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbott View Post
Sorry I'm full of shit

To many beers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid Presentable View Post
To many beers!
I LOL'd.

Also on topic, I wish they had given Jesse more of a conclusive end to his story. He kind of just drives away from probably the most damaging, harrowing experience of his fucked up life and then it's all like "OK that's a wrap!", it wasn't really adequate closure for me.

I'm going off, getting paid and I don't ask why

Old 10-05-2013, 04:41 PM
I'm back.

Quote:
Ok so I tried watching again but I coukdnt get into it. I don't understand how stuff like stealing a baby and the family yelling at each other about lying makes sense. Or Walt calling after he stole his baby and saying all that stuff when they had obviously called the cops so it was probable the cops would be there.

I mean sure the show is creative but these ridiculous things that happen keep me from liking it. Maybe I'm being too hard on it. I don't know. I don't like Lost either.

I don't want to have to write out a giant paragraph right now, but that scene is in a long line of scenes that are later explained subtlety. There is a key scene later with Saul that explains why he was saying those things and why he called when he knew there would be cops.

You are missing things and then dismissing it because you didn't catch it.
Old 10-06-2013, 02:48 AM
Smart

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfJIM View Post
I don't want to have to write out a giant paragraph right now, but that scene is in a long line of scenes that are later explained subtlety. There is a key scene later with Saul that explains why he was saying those things and why he called when he knew there would be cops.

You are missing things and then dismissing it because you didn't catch it.
Word. The writing is a lot more subtle than most people realise; if you think something seems superfluous, chances are it's just you being a dumbass.

Old 10-06-2013, 02:54 AM
Smart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob View Post
so....hmm.

i liked the finale. i did. i don't want to give the impression that i didn't like it.

but.

i think i was expecting to walk away from the show feeling more...i guess i would say conflicted about the resolution?

what i loved about breaking bad is how goddamn morally complicated it was. the protagonist was a shithead, but you saw his journey through his eyes, so you never really got the sense that the show was holding your hand and telling you "this is how you're supposed to feel about things," like most shows do. it was up to you to decide what you felt about walt. he walked around acting like everything he did was in some way justifiable, but it was up to you whether or not you wanted to believe it, or if you did, if the ends justified the means, and so on.

so i guess i was expecting something similar from the finale, a mixed bag of results at best. but instead we got walt walking around like a badass hero, methodically solving all his problems, confessing his sins, eliminating the enemies that deserved death, sparing the ones that didn't, and then plopping down and dying without facing justice. it just kind of felt like the show was saying "things are ok now, you should feel good about this," when up until now it didn't condescend to you like that.

i dunno. it left a funny taste in my mouth. i liked it, despite myself, but i got the funny feeling that i shouldn't have liked it, if that makes sense.

one thing i can say confidently, though; i'm really bummed that we didn't get a little more resolution from jesse. the guy was about 40% of the show, a real partner in the plot, and the poor guy gets about 10 minutes of screen time in the finale. he kills todd (nice), has the chance to kill walt but doesn't, (also nice), then just kind of drives off into the night. what happens to him after that? for a finale that was so intent on tying up loose ends, i feel like jesse's story was kind of a big one.

and that machine gun thing. ain't no way that would have worked. that felt silly to me. but it hasn't been a tv show hell-bent on realism to date, i don't mind suspending my disbelief a little bit for that i guess.

so yeah. i liked it, but didn't love it. i think ozymandias set the tone for how the ending should have gone. not saying that should have been the last episode, just saying that the ending should have left us with a similar feeling.
I pretty much legit agree with 100% of this post. Nice brain, Bob.

Old 10-06-2013, 07:51 AM
technically insane

i cant read all these post cause im in mid swing here.

no surprise I had to many beers, but I am working on balancing that shit out. or the recored 9 beers over 18 holes + an extra nine on Friday.

Who cares what someone I know has or dosn't, I just feel weak bragging about my friends shit. I just think its cool he worked on the show from the first episode and his stockpile is impressive. The hat is going on ebay soon.

earl@fuckyoumyman.com

Old 10-07-2013, 02:58 PM
just here for the .gifs

Thumbs down Re: Breaking Bad

I stand by my opinion, and I did suspect Walt knew the cops were listening, but it doesn't change the preposterous level that much. Hey though, you guys can love the show, I don't. Everything will still be fine.

Quote:
So wait, this guy is driving around in his jeep with his cat and his television in the back and he's got his favourite music blaring away and... I think I've missed the point.

Old 10-07-2013, 03:21 PM
Monkey News

yeah I think the beatles are overrated
Old 10-07-2013, 06:04 PM
I'm back.

meh

Last edited by ProfJIM : 10-07-2013 at 06:54 PM. Reason: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suspension_of_disbelief
Old 10-08-2013, 06:06 PM
Smart

If suspension of disbelief is an issue for you then don't watch TV shows. The way Jesse and his friends talk, and the supposed effects of the drugs are laughable. Doesn't mean it's not a great drama.

Old 10-08-2013, 11:43 PM
just here for the .gifs

Ok. We have differing opinions.

Quote:

Old 10-09-2013, 05:43 PM
Monkey News

I've never seen this show. I don't really watch a ton of tv. so im not commenting on breaking bad.

but it seems like the tv shows/movies that are trying to be taken seriously are the most ridiculous and over the top. it's like you have to change or reduce logic in order to appreciate everything which is fine for a silly show but doesn't really work for me when the show is trying to be taken seriously. just over dramatic for the sake of being dramatic. it's like the actual story and plotlines are being masked by the absurdity because the actual stories and plotlines are kinda thin. or everyone is running out of ideas so they're trying to create alternate universes where crazy things happen all the time and you're just suppose to believe it without question.

but that's just how my brain works. if there's too much fantasy for the sake of fantasy im just like... this is such bullshit!

I couldn't stand lord of the rings because of that.

Last edited by TurdBerglar : 10-09-2013 at 05:49 PM.
Old 10-20-2013, 10:16 PM
Tella Tillas

why are there not all episodes of the final season on netflix?
annoying as shit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim wont fix it View Post
Hitler was RIGHT wing you stupid fuckbeast

Old 10-21-2013, 01:13 PM
I'm back.

The final season just aired. It won't be on netflix until closer to when its released on DVD/blu ray.

The last two seasons were really one season split in half.
Old 10-21-2013, 01:14 PM
I'm back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurdBerglar View Post
I've never seen this show. I don't really watch a ton of tv. so im not commenting on breaking bad.

but it seems like the tv shows/movies that are trying to be taken seriously are the most ridiculous and over the top. it's like you have to change or reduce logic in order to appreciate everything which is fine for a silly show but doesn't really work for me when the show is trying to be taken seriously. just over dramatic for the sake of being dramatic. it's like the actual story and plotlines are being masked by the absurdity because the actual stories and plotlines are kinda thin. or everyone is running out of ideas so they're trying to create alternate universes where crazy things happen all the time and you're just suppose to believe it without question.

but that's just how my brain works. if there's too much fantasy for the sake of fantasy im just like... this is such bullshit!

I couldn't stand lord of the rings because of that.
I'm sorry, but this is the stupidest thing I have ever read. No I'm not going to elaborate.
Old 10-21-2013, 06:21 PM
Tella Tillas

Quote:
The final season just aired. It won't be on netflix until closer to when its released on DVD/blu ray.

The last two seasons were really one season split in half.
oh ok, thank you
heard it is up on netflix UK though which makes no sense

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim wont fix it View Post
Hitler was RIGHT wing you stupid fuckbeast

Old 10-21-2013, 06:40 PM
good reactions, etc?

Quote:
I'm sorry, but this is the stupidest thing I have ever read. No I'm not going to elaborate.
as long as you're being helpful
Old 10-21-2013, 11:32 PM
just here for the .gifs

I don't think it's stupid, what turd said makes perfect sense.

It's not stupid, it's just different taste. And since when is naïveté a
better chacter trait than being discerning?

Quote:

Old 10-22-2013, 05:19 PM
I'm back.

Quote:
I don't think it's stupid, what turd said makes perfect sense.

Yes to a person with problems with cognitive dissonance and suspension of disbelief not to mention a shallow understanding of the fundamentals of storytelling.

Not liking a genre like fantasy because you don't understand the merits of a certain genre and think it's "too fake" is a pretty dumb reason.

Really Turd, I'm just glad you don't write entertainment. It would be logical boring drivel.

Happy Bob?
Old 10-22-2013, 05:58 PM
Monkey News

my problem with fantasy is when it seems like there's no rules to their universe. anything can happen just for the sake of continuing the story. it seems like an easy way out. it only bothers me when the story is trying to be taken seriously. it's like... is that all you can come up with?

OH NO WE'RE IN A JAM! *magical/one a billion chance thing happens that fixes all the problems* PHEW THAT WAS CLOSE!

it's like a easy way to fix a problem within a story. if anything can happen then there's no challenge. the writer can just fucking have whatever happen. he doesn't have to jump through any hoops for it to work. he can create his own rules to bend to his needs to make the story work. he just has to make it extraordinary enough to wow people.

and now tv and movies are WAY over the top. especially the ones trying to be the most serious. it's so ridiculous. it's like... look at all these dramatic fucking assholes doing dramatic fucking things. they're just a bunch of assholes that you want to punch in the face! WHO DOES THESE RIDICULOUS OVER DRAMATIC THINGS! just the assholes on tv! there's no realism at all. it's just one absurd predicament the leads to the next absurd predicament. how the fuck can you relate to that shit? it's just really cheesy like 60's batman instead everyone has a serious look on their face.

it all seems very juvenile.
Old 10-22-2013, 06:15 PM
good reactions, etc?

is there any fiction that you do like, then? it seems like that complaint would apply to literally anything. so long as the writer has control over the story, they could use anything to get their characters to do what they want, even if it's fully within the realm of possibility and laws of nature that real people have to follow

it just seems like a, er, difficult complaint, a real obstacle to enjoying any kind of fiction
Old 10-22-2013, 06:47 PM
Monkey News

when it becomes absurd while still trying to be taken seriously is the problem. I just find it to be very lazy when a writer is obviously creating and adjusting the universe to suit the story's plotline rather than creating the universe as an unbending part of the problem.

I love fiction especially science fiction. most of my favorite movies are science fiction. but in most cases those movies have rules that (for the most part) are based on reality.

fantasy can be great too, as long as it's not trying to be taken too seriously and there's some boundaries.

Jurassic Park vs Lord of the Rings. the dinosaurs weren't created by magic. someone didn't stumble upon this dino island that no one seemed to have noticed. they didn't escaped because of magic or flexible laws of physics and nature that the writer threw in just so they could have an escape or succeed. you see what im trying to say?

then there's things that are pure fantasy that I do enjoy. the green mile. I love the fucking movie. but just that one character is unreal and everyone within the story looks at him with wonderment just as the viewer is expected to. they don't look at him all like... oh we've got another one of these children from god healing people again. they're questioning reality and the unkown just as I would.
Old 10-22-2013, 07:36 PM
I'm back.

Jurrasic Park spends a great deal of the movie setting up its own logic to explain how they were made, but it's completely made up. You can't actually make dinosaurs like that and is so loosely based on anything real. Its fantasy.

That's creating a universe to serve the story. That's storytelling. Why you accept this and dismiss another is weird to me.

Fantasy is the same thing, except instead of science its usually magic or some other old world belief. But really it's the same thing.

You don't seem to really grasp the concept of plot either. One event leads to the next. Just because it seems over the top to you doesn't mean in the story that the writer is telling, and what those events mean internally for the character that they couldn't or shouldn't happen.
Old 10-22-2013, 07:42 PM
Monkey News

it's based on being able to manipulate DNA. we can do that. it's far less of a stretch from reality. it's logic is based on science. yes there are holes but far less and much more realistic than the holes created by magic. its set up was so realistic that viewers were actually wondering if it was feasible to fucking clone a dinosaur.