Old 01-20-2019, 07:59 AM

Default Would you be interested in...

seeing a "Mike D & Adrock" reunion concert where they play classic punk rock songs?

I just read that the just announced Bikini Kill reunion concerts sold out in minutes. I bet a "Mike D & Adrock" show would do the same.

Since they can't perform anymore as The Beastie Boys and do rap songs, I would still like to see them perform live again.
Old 01-20-2019, 08:33 AM
Current Member

Default Re: Would you be interested in...

Not if they aren’t.

Shout at the Devil!

Old 01-20-2019, 12:22 PM

I would be interested in them doing some sort of 22 minute Netflix show where they had guests. Music being the main topic, maybe food as well.
I did'nt like when Mike D did those festivals where he rapped his bits and danced along to adrock and MCA's vocals.
l dont mind him doing a DJ set but l dont wanna see anything Beastie Boy live without MCA.

"I don't wanna go to a health farm,I just wanna have a good time"

Old 01-20-2019, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pesto pizza View Post
I would be interested in them doing some sort of 22 minute Netflix show where they had guests. Music being the main topic, maybe food as well.
I did'nt like when Mike D did those festivals where he rapped his bits and danced along to adrock and MCA's vocals.
l dont mind him doing a DJ set but l dont wanna see anything Beastie Boy live without MCA.
I didn't like that Mike D show either. I don't think they should perform Beastie Boys rap songs without MCA, it's just not the same.

I was thinking something like the show Adrock did a couple years ago...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cKne49lbmhs
Old 01-20-2019, 05:51 PM

no. beasties were over when yauch passed. stop trying to make it happen.

* i apologize for having the asshole attitude to this topic but i find the whole “what if” conversation gross. i have no issues with mike or adam joining different bands or even creating a new band of just them. i’d fully love and support that. them doing shows that’s not supporting a new project is a trash idea. them doing it for cash makes it worse. i’m not trying to hear egg raid w/o yauch smashing those basslines.

now if mike and adam want to start something new and put something out proper? bring that shit!

Last edited by Micodin : 01-20-2019 at 06:55 PM.
Old 01-20-2019, 09:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micodin View Post

* i apologize for having the asshole attitude to this topic but i find the whole “what if” conversation gross. i have no issues with mike or adam joining different bands or even creating a new band of just them. i’d fully love and support that. them doing shows that’s not supporting a new project is a trash idea. them doing it for cash makes it worse. i’m not trying to hear egg raid w/o yauch smashing those basslines.

now if mike and adam want to start something new and put something out proper? bring that shit!
^That.

In my pretend world they start a production duo called Triphammer (the fake metal band they opened with during some LTI dates). They could produce for people, release music under that name, do DJ sets, play shows etc.

But most likely if they stay together they'll probably just calls themselves "Mike D + Ad Rock", which is also totally fine.

message board

Old 01-21-2019, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micodin View Post

I'm a long time Beastie fan and I enjoyed the book tour so much that I would love it if Mike and Adam continued to work together in any capacity. Now that the Beastie Boys part of their career is officially over, I was just thinking of some ideas of what the future might look like. I wouldn't mind if it was live shows, radio, podcasts or television.

I would be excited if they created something NEW.
Old 01-21-2019, 12:59 PM
space cake cookie

beastie boys triple trouble chapter is def closed and that's the only way it can be. ever watched one of those run dmc without jay festival things....eh nope just doesn't feel right even if jmj's son is an accomplished dj. probably something akin to seeing zepplin without bonham or ac/dc with axl rose or some shit.

i did have this dream thought for them to start a band and call it Brooklyn as an ode to yauch and his Brooklyn band; with fredo and MMM and mark with like darrel jennifer on bass and kate on cowbell. but all new music; some hip hop, some hardcore, some jazz fusion polka classical fuzz rock, etc.. i wouldn't want them to do any beastie songs but i'd love to hear some eclectic crazy mixed genre record that could be something close to CYH.

to dream and to dream...

thank you adam adam & mike

Old 01-21-2019, 06:43 PM

I very much like your dream.
Old 01-23-2019, 07:21 AM

do you work with anyone annoying?

thank you Adam.

Old 01-23-2019, 02:17 PM
space cake cookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj hood View Post
do you work with anyone annoying?
ha...i don't totally know what that means but it's funny. and yes.

thank you adam adam & mike

Old 02-13-2019, 06:00 PM

If they wanted to do something and felt like doing it I would say go for it. It's their business what they want to do. Fans just have to change their expectations in a situation like that. People want things to be the same but they're not and never will be. This is just how it is now.
Old 02-15-2019, 01:57 PM

i take back what i said....

thank you Adam.