Go Back   Beastie Boys Message Board > Beastie Boys > General Beastie Boys Discussion

Old 05-16-2011, 06:59 PM
cyborg

Default Re: Where is my CD and T-Shirt?

This whole process was bungled from the beginning. The Beasties might want to consider a new distributor next time, Topspin is awful.

I understand having to wait for the vinyl until July but there is absolutely no reason why they can't ship the CD and the other merch separately.

Claiming that providing the digital download was some kind of favor is pretty insulting too. The digital download should have been ready at 12:01 am on May 3 without anyone having to complain. You didn't do anyone a favor.

How can they expect the Beastie's biggest fans, those who shelled out up to $90 for a deluxe package, to wait until nearly 3 fucking months later to get the CD?

Stop and think about that for a second.

I have half a mind to tell my credit card company to reverse the charge due to fraud.

Seriously, Adam, Adam, Mike, I love you guys but these fools are making you look REALLY bad.
Old 05-16-2011, 10:00 PM
Hero

I'm thinking of trying to cancel/reverse my order too. This is really kind of stupid.

Long Burn the Fire

Adam Yauch

1964 - 2012

Old 05-17-2011, 07:03 AM
cyborg

Like I said, what really gets me is the suggestion in the most recent email that providing us with the digital download was somehow a favour or a gesture of goodwill rather than something that should have been planned from the beginning anyway.

I'd really like someone from Topspin to answer this question: Does it really make sense to you that someone who would buy a $90 collectors edition off of the bands official website would be OK with waiting until July to hear the album?

Because essentially that is what the plan was from day 1.
Old 05-17-2011, 08:40 AM
Pass Me The Peas

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrapeApe View Post
Like I said, what really gets me is the suggestion in the most recent email that providing us with the digital download was somehow a favour or a gesture of goodwill rather than something that should have been planned from the beginning anyway.

I'd really like someone from Topspin to answer this question: Does it really make sense to you that someone who would buy a $90 collectors edition off of the bands official website would be OK with waiting until July to hear the album?

Because essentially that is what the plan was from day 1.
but you still bought it, knowing that that would happen, cause that what was clearly said in the description.
no sure why you are all complaining? if you can't read, or aren't happy with they way the deal is described, then don't order it

Old 05-17-2011, 09:09 AM
Fair Use

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoffel79 View Post
but you still bought it, knowing that that would happen, cause that what was clearly said in the description.
no sure why you are all complaining? if you can't read, or aren't happy with they way the deal is described, then don't order it
Not at all what was clearly stated in the description. Not even close. In fact, my order, from April 7, indicated that ALL of my items would ship on May 3, 2011. It's in the goddamn email they sent me the same day. If they'd let everyone know, before they submitted their CC information, that you shouldn't expect to see anything (even those things that can be shipped separately or delivered digitally) until three months after the release date of the album, I wouldn't have ordered it. All this stuff about the vinyl taking longer to deliver is fine, but 1) I didn't know that until after I placed the order and 2) I spent $90 on a deluxe edition, y'think you can spare the shipping expense to get the rest of the stuff to me on time? Shit, I would've paid the extra shipping to get that done if I knew it was going to work out like this. Is Topspin just 2 guys in a dorm room somewhere?

©MMIX. All rights reserved.

Old 05-17-2011, 09:19 AM
cyborg

Quote:
You should probably refrain from commenting if you don't know what the hell you're talking about.

I was well aware that the vinyl would be delayed, no issues there, but to delay the entire order is ridiculous.

There is also no reason why the digital download had to be a physical card to be mailed with the order. What kind of sense does that make? Needing a paper card to get a digital download?

They could easily have emailed the codes to customers after they ordered and made the download link live at 12:01 on May 3.

Many other bands have managed digital distribution without needing a physical card, ask Radiohead.

I work in ecommerce, and from my perspective this has been poorly handled from day one. You should never allow a production issue (the delayed vinyl) to affect the customer's entire experience.

Last edited by GrapeApe : 05-17-2011 at 09:21 AM.
Old 05-17-2011, 09:53 AM
Pass Me The Peas

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrapeApe View Post
You should probably refrain from commenting if you don't know what the hell you're talking about.

I was well aware that the vinyl would be delayed, no issues there, but to delay the entire order is ridiculous.

There is also no reason why the digital download had to be a physical card to be mailed with the order. What kind of sense does that make? Needing a paper card to get a digital download?

They could easily have emailed the codes to customers after they ordered and made the download link live at 12:01 on May 3.

Many other bands have managed digital distribution without needing a physical card, ask Radiohead.

I work in ecommerce, and from my perspective this has been poorly handled from day one. You should never allow a production issue (the delayed vinyl) to affect the customer's entire experience.

i am not saying i agree but it is what clearly said on the site, packagin containing vinyl will only be shipped june, and they never spoke of a email link, just that you would get a card with your order.
yes this is all dumb, but it's not like they changed there business

i am sorry, if you weren't happy with that, then don't order.

Old 05-17-2011, 11:11 AM
Fair Use

Quote:
i am not saying i agree but it is what clearly said on the site, packagin containing vinyl will only be shipped june, and they never spoke of a email link, just that you would get a card with your order.

It may say that now, but it didn't say anything about that when I ordered. As I mentioned before, they told me in an email that all of my stuff would ship on 5/3. Posting a note about order delays weeks after people have already paid doesn't retroactively change the nature of the deal.

©MMIX. All rights reserved.

Old 05-17-2011, 11:58 AM
begs to differ

Quote:

Ya I mean I am all set with the Vinyl and the CD...i was well aware that would take a while...CAN'T WAIT TO HEAR THE VINYL...I actually love that its delayed as it draws out the experience of this new album to almost 2 awesome months.

I was just bummed about the digital download...it said it plain text "all digital downloads will be available at midnight". That was very misleading for those that had a digital download in their package. It should have said "Movie will be available at midnight". Those who had followed the Re-Issue wave of '09 were shown a business model of "media ships later, digital downloads NOW" so people were not off base to expect it.

The tone of the email today was questionable, I do feel it was a bit passive aggressive to allude that it was some sort of favour to get the MP3s out, when we already purchased a digital download. It really was kind of a slap in the face.

I'm not mad, i'm just saying TopSpin isn't helping themselves calm the masses by coping a "we told you so and then did you a favour" tone. It could have easily been a HEY CATS HERE"S AN UPDATE on the stuff you already knew was going to be coming in a while.

That being said...I ordered a Hello Nasty Shirt/CD a month ago, sent 5 emails trying to figure out where it is and have gotten one reply, that said i'll get back to you and then...silence.

Its an interesting study of a group who has transcended the "old" way of doing business into the "new" way, and hopefully have learned just how entitled today's music purchasers feel....and how much of a headache it is to keep them happy!
Old 05-18-2011, 08:00 AM
shaZam!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pshabi View Post
I'm thinking of trying to cancel/reverse my order too. This is really kind of stupid.
Don't!

Latin lingo baby funky bilingual funky bilingual
Yeah, funky bilingual
Latin lingo baby funky bilingual funky bilingual
It's the latin lingo!

Old 05-19-2011, 01:12 AM
rebel in black

I'm pretty pissed off about this whole thing. I wasn't expecting to get the stuff on releaseday, but waiting several months is ridiculous! I've heard Topspin being quite unreliable on other bands merch as well. If I'd known it would take this long time I might've given it a rest, I'm not that well off, I used my holiday savings for this.... :$

So This Is What I've Got To Say To You All
Be True To Yourself And You Will Never Fall

Old 05-22-2011, 03:38 PM

My cd and t-shirt supposedly shipped on 5/3. Still haven't received the order and the so-called customer support won't return my e-mails.

I've filed a complaint with the BBB.

This is complete B.S.
Old 05-22-2011, 04:12 PM
Jay

Damn. So no one got their shit yet? Leave it to Topspin to fuck up the release of the Beastie Boys new album for a bunch of fans lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Some Guy View Post
This is a quote.

Old 05-22-2011, 05:26 PM

Man that sucks! I hope the phone call from Ian C Rogers and Mike D was worth it!
Old 05-28-2011, 03:40 PM

Got mine last week. Here is the kicker. It was post marked May 4! Nice eh? I have an e-mail from May 3rd insuring me that the CD and T-Shirt was shipped already. Nice. Last time I'm pre-ordering anything from topspin. I hope the guys take notice and choose a different distributor.