Go Back   Beastie Boys Message Board > Beastie Boys > General Beastie Boys Discussion

Old 11-07-2019, 10:40 AM

Default Re: New Colored Vinyl Reissues

Quote:
Originally Posted by koper_ View Post
Hey guys, if anyone UK based for any reason has bought more copies of the new vinyl releases and would like to sell it please let me know ... I have missed completely the release date and now all gone from the UK store...
I'm in the US but I'd be happy to sell you a red or orange (or both) still in shrink wrap at the same price I paid plus shipping (which I know to the UK might be a little high).
Old 11-08-2019, 08:40 AM

I ordered 2 copies of everything in the UK and had them shipped to a friend in Ireland, so when they are all there I'll be selling off the duplicates and you could avoid international postage.
Old 11-08-2019, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfatlove06 View Post
I ordered 2 copies of everything in the UK and had them shipped to a friend in Ireland, so when they are all there I'll be selling off the duplicates and you could avoid international postage.
That will work for me mate, pm me when you get them and ready to ship.
Cheers!

“I don’t mean to brag/I don’t mean to boast/but I’m intercontinental when I eat French toast”

Old 11-14-2019, 11:45 AM

Just wanted to post a quick update for those who are obsessives like me. I've been trying to collect all of the Root Down colors, and like many others, I was duped into thinking that Kings Road Merch would actually send out random colors. I started looking around for other retailers, and ended up buying a bunch of Root Downs from them.

This is the distribution of colors I've received so far, all from mail order:

Kings Road Merch - 4 orange
Amoeba Records - 1 red (another person reports getting a red from here as well)
Shuga Records - 1 red (another person reports getting a red from here as well)
Plaid Room Records - 1 green (another person reports getting a BLUE from here)

My hunt now begins for the blue reissue, but I thought others might like to know that there appear to be pockets of various colors out there.
Old 11-15-2019, 05:18 AM

Anyone aware of any other retailers based in the UK?

“I don’t mean to brag/I don’t mean to boast/but I’m intercontinental when I eat French toast”

Old 11-15-2019, 05:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfatlove06 View Post
bigfatlove06 clean some of your PM as you have exceeded your storage, I'm unable to send you PM.

Old 11-25-2019, 10:49 AM

Quote:
bigfatlove06 clean some of your PM as you have exceeded your storage, I'm unable to send you PM.
Cleared.
Old 01-14-2020, 06:07 AM

Got the reissues from the KRM EU store around a week ago, Root Down EP arrived on red coloured vinyl, pretty happy about that, in my opinion red colour suits it best!

Old 01-14-2020, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Got the reissues from the KRM EU store around a week ago, Root Down EP arrived on red coloured vinyl, pretty happy about that, in my opinion red colour suits it best!
Glad to hear the EU store had something besides orange!

The red does look pretty nice. Plus now there's a pretty good "red collection" of official vinyl: Love American Style reissue, Root Down UK 7" (burgundy, but close), Country Mike red version, and now this!
Old 01-16-2020, 12:01 PM

Yeah, I was pretty sure that will receive orange copy.

I did see on the Rough Trade website few weeks ago available copies of Root Down advertised as red, see below.

https://www.roughtrade.com/gb/beasti...t-down/lp-plus

It would be nice to have a green copy as well to be honest, but I'm not going to gamble on that as I'm pretty sure not many have been pressed.

Old 01-16-2020, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Yeah, I was pretty sure that will receive orange copy.

I did see on the Rough Trade website few weeks ago available copies of Root Down advertised as red, see below.

https://www.roughtrade.com/gb/beasti...t-down/lp-plus

It would be nice to have a green copy as well to be honest, but I'm not going to gamble on that as I'm pretty sure not many have been pressed.
So obviously I don't know more than anyone else, but I got a green copy from Plaid Room Records online, and I know a couple other people have gotten blue copies from there. It looks like they still have copies for sale: https://www.plaidroomrecords.com/pro...a04daa51&_ss=r
Old 01-17-2020, 04:42 AM

Lucky you mate, I'm UK based so not worth it to order a copy from US as taxes, shipping etc will be huge..

I'm ok with one copy of Root Down atm maybe in the future more copies will appear somewhere <fingers crossed>

Old 01-17-2020, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Lucky you mate, I'm UK based so not worth it to order a copy from US as taxes, shipping etc will be huge..

I'm ok with one copy of Root Down atm maybe in the future more copies will appear somewhere <fingers crossed>
Whoops! Yeah, that definitely makes sense. I'm sure people will start unloading them soon enough anyway, so good luck with your search.
Old 01-17-2020, 03:48 PM
MCL with a story to tell

For what it's worth my copy of Root Down was blue. I'm based in Ireland and ordered through KRM UK before Christmas. Would have liked orange or green as TT5B is also blue but I may end up trying to collect these too.
Old 01-18-2020, 04:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eoin MCL View Post
For what it's worth my copy of Root Down was blue. I'm based in Ireland and ordered through KRM UK before Christmas. Would have liked orange or green as TT5B is also blue but I may end up trying to collect these too.
UK defaults to the EU store, good to know that they have had other coloured copies as well.
I'm after a green copy, can't find anything out there except black vinyls.

Old 01-27-2020, 09:04 PM

Now that almost all of the colored reissues are sold out (at least on the official US store), does anyone know how many copies these runs were limited to? The description says "limited edition" but since they weren't numbered, I was curious how many of these were actually made.