Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-14-2012, 08:55 PM

Default Final Album?

I'm like many out there and I'm only starting to accept that Yauch is gone. It's still such a tremendous shock. I actually have dreams every night of alternate realities where he still exists. My main reoccurring dream is that Yauch is with Adrock and Mike D at the Rock N' Roll Hall of Fame but for some reason they're all young like when Licensed to Ill came out. Anyway that's obviously just me not being able to let go. Much of my life has been based on hanging on to youth and as a 39 year old much of that is based around anticipation for a new Beastie Boys album and tour. The boys have somehow kept me feeling young.

The loss that I feel can in no way compare to Yauch's friends, family and bandmates but what I wonder and still hold on to is that final bitter sweet hunger to hang out to what is lost... Is there a final Beastie Boys record out there? Did The Beastie Boys really produce a second Hot Sauce Committee album? Were they joking or is there actually a final act to The Beastie Boys' legacy?

The Mightiest Mortal on Earth