Go Back   Beastie Boys Message Board > Beastie Boys > General Beastie Boys Discussion

Old 02-25-2015, 10:56 PM
Music est. 1986

Default Video of My Beastie Boys Record Collection

My Record collection of the Beastie Boys in Chronological order. Have been collecting for over 15 years. Over 115 releases in LP's, EP's, 45's, Singles and Promos from all over the world. This is also a quick sample of their entire career.
Still missing missing rare records, the collection is only 75% complete.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zqMFPTl1Z0
Old 02-26-2015, 02:04 AM
repeat

Default Re: Video of My Beastie Boys Record Collection

Nice work

Quote:
Originally Posted by some korean pirate View Post
13 multilateral atomic arms reduction.

Old 02-26-2015, 07:18 AM

Arrow Re: Video of My Beastie Boys Record Collection

Nice one! You've reminded me of a few things that I still want to pick up!

I did a video of my stuff a few years back and there was so much shit I just had to flip through it. By the end I was skipping records and I just scanned over the CDs in the rack.
Old 02-26-2015, 06:03 PM
Phone your mom or dad!

You should bring 3 MC's and 1 DJ (was it even in the video?) to The Pheonix in Saturday for MMM to sign!

I DON'T WEAR CROCS
AND I DON'T WEAR SANDLES
I GOT THE CUSTOM MADE BOOTS
WITH THE SPIKY THINGS

Old 02-26-2015, 06:43 PM
Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by brooklyndust View Post
My Record collection of the Beastie Boys in Chronological order. Have been collecting for over 15 years. Over 115 releases in LP's, EP's, 45's, Singles and Promos from all over the world. This is also a quick sample of their entire career.
Still missing missing rare records, the collection is only 75% complete.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zqMFPTl1Z0
Wicked collection. It amazes me how the images of the LP's, EP's, 45's etc contain more pure memories from my past than their videos.

"A lot of record companies look at the numbers and they'll be like, 'Your first record sold 5 million and your second record sold only 800,000. What happened? You guys fell off, I think the band all feels that the record did really well. Most musicians I grew up playing music with would probably shoot me if I ever complained about selling 800,000 records."

Old 02-27-2015, 12:27 AM
Music est. 1986

Thanks guys!

The In Sound, Sampler and Country Mike are bootlegs.

I am still missing all the really expensive rare shit (Frozen Metal Head White Vinyl, Red Country Mike, Polly Wog Stew 45, Lee Majors 45, In Sound Gold, Aglio E Olio double 45, the sampler, intergalactic promo 10 inch, remote control 10 inch, Sounds Of Science 4 set).

@Sir SkratchaLot, I remember your vid (had the ad-rock freestyle right?), it actually inspired me to make this one, but I only just got around to it now. But since seeing your vid the idea has been floating around in the brain for years.

@dirtydan11, yep had a few remote control / 3 mc's, but I also have a few of Mix Masters albums I might get him to sign.

@Michelle*s_Farm, same here. Seeing the record covers always brings back some great memories from different parts of my life. I can remember most of the stores where I picked these up and what were deals and what were not.

The best part about collecting is going to all these different record stores in different cities. I still get excited when I go digging and find a record that I have been looking for and it jumps out at me. It's really nerdy but the heart races a bit.
Old 02-27-2015, 04:11 AM

Arrow Re: Video of My Beastie Boys Record Collection

Quote:
Originally Posted by brooklyndust View Post

@Sir SkratchaLot, I remember your vid (had the ad-rock freestyle right?), it actually inspired me to make this one, but I only just got around to it now. But since seeing your vid the idea has been floating around in the brain for years.
Yeah, the Posse in Effect demo with Adrock talking smack at the end. My original thought was to do what you did, take still pictures of the wax but I didn't have the time to do all that so I just flipped through everything.

I love digging too. A lot of my B-boys stuff I found in record stores in all types of crazy places all over the world. You'll never find a lot of stuff without the internet but nothing beats finding something like Rock Hard in a record bin somewhere.
Old 05-04-2018, 04:57 PM
Music est. 1986

The original video I made here was too long and have since acquired some new records. So here is a shorter revised version of the Beastie Boys discography in chronological order: https://youtu.be/cY3512s6hCE
Old 05-05-2018, 07:26 PM

Siiiiiiiick!
Old 05-06-2018, 10:56 PM

I love things like this so much. Thank you for sharing.