Old 05-06-2012, 12:35 AM

Unhappy Re: Adam Yauch - 1964-2012

It hurts insanely to hear one of the most influential musicians in the music industry has left this world. I felt as if a big chunk of my childhood impression had gone with this unexpected demise.

Beastie Boys have become the main forces that bridge the gap between cool pop and urban rap. Three MC's and one DJ music video will always remind me of humorous dance moves, rhyming verses, and vibrant connection between the three cool dudes. Genuine rapport and positive creativity are the true testaments to their timelessly and highly acclaimed success.

Especially to Adam, this brief verse says it all: "We be getting stupid in your area, Causing all kinds of hysteria, My beats is sick like malaria, But don't worry I'll take care of ya." I am certain that all fans have been well taken care of and now it's time for you to fly.
Old 05-06-2012, 01:18 AM
the high evolutionary

Default Re: Adam Yauch - 1964-2012

my tribute essay for MCA--

http://according2hiphop.com/2012/05/...uch-1964-2012/

I never got to see them perform live-- at least the DVDs and Youtube clips are out there..

With Great Power, Comes great Responsibility

Old 05-06-2012, 02:12 AM

Just want to drop my line,

I was really moved by the sad sad news. Years ago I used to be a member of this forum. I renewed my account to be able to pay my last respects to Adam.

I'm grateful I saw the boys live in 2004. Genuinely, the best concert I've ever seen.

My thoughts go out to all those who were close to him.

We will miss the music,

Maurits
Old 05-06-2012, 02:49 AM
Poddington Pea

I'm sorry to hear about the passing of Adam Yauch.
Coming back here and seeing all the old faces and reading this thread, it's pretty touching. My teenage years would have been far less exciting without the Beastie Boys.

www.myspace.com/dannysercombe

Old 05-06-2012, 03:08 AM
The Illest Jew-O-Rican!!!

More rare shit, though no actual appearances by any member of the band this time, just an example of the controversy they caused when Licensed To Ill came out: an episode of The Oprah Winfrey Show from 1986:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJAGJ8ckmZY

I will always love going back an checking out rare old footage like this.

We Love You MCA!

Old 05-06-2012, 04:37 AM
The Illest Jew-O-Rican!!!

And now I'm thinking about when Mike D and Adrock hosted 120 Minutes with Sir Stewart Wallace...who's accent kept changing every segment. I'm chuckling to myself right now.

We Love You MCA!

Old 05-06-2012, 04:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silence7 View Post
We may feel like we're the closest because we're here, but other communities are mourning as well..
my heart goes out to all communities, but i feel like if yauch touched us allthis much it must be so hard for those closest to him like mike d, adrock, his family & close friends and love ones

they are in my thoughts

" Elevated platform never gonna conform "

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/defa...&content=music

Old 05-06-2012, 05:02 AM
PWR2MCA4EVA

Dear members and fans of the Beastie Boys,

a real sad spring time for you and me.
Much love and respect for Mr Yauch`s lifework.
He had a mission and lived it.
Just great!
I feel so unhappy, although I didn`t know him personal.
Much power to his family and all people, who knew and liked him.

With tears in my eyes...(f***...)

My condolence

Last edited by Foxhill : 05-06-2012 at 05:54 AM.
Old 05-06-2012, 05:03 AM
Administrator

i was watching ufc on fox last night and they opened up the broadcast by paying homage to yauch showing a picture and mentioning his involvement in sports etc.

they ended up playing a lot of beastie boys songs through out the whole night at the arena.

thought that was pretty cool of them since no one was probably expecting it.

BeastieBoys.com

Old 05-06-2012, 05:26 AM

the band members seem to feel not that bad
Adrock recent tweet:

Uncle Garbagefeet ‏ @garbagefeet Who's the fastest snack club tweeter? ME !!!!
Old 05-06-2012, 05:36 AM
Doctor on the go

God Bless The Beastie Boys : (

AKA: SASHA KRANST
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daisy
I got news for you
Y'all hang out with some sick motherfuckers!

Old 05-06-2012, 05:47 AM
playing it bogart

Quote:
Originally Posted by pshabi View Post
Anyway, the beginning of Open Letter starts and when the beat drops I just threw up a peace sign, held it there, and began bobbing my head. It just felt right. It was my way of showing the boys that I understood the vibe of that track.

Yauch made eye contact with me and gave me that same nod you got Jeremy, the "Yauch Nod." Head kind of half-cocked, like he was agreeing with me.....acknowledging me, saying, "I feel ya man." Never forget it.
my yauch story also ties with open letter; i was front row for their perth round of big day out; i was obviously going nuts the whole show, rapping every line with. during a chorus, yauch was right in front of me, staring back and rapping the chorus with me with that signature 3-finger gesture pointed at me... i'll never forget that. fuckin' dope.

barry dawson is...
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikizee View Post
2 and a half hours just to get to the beach???

Your poor cunt.

Old 05-06-2012, 05:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LucieT View Post
the band members seem to feel not that bad
Adrock recent tweet:

Uncle Garbagefeet ‏ @garbagefeet Who's the fastest snack club tweeter? ME !!!!
Not trying to start a whole thing here....but that doesn't imply that he doesn't feel that bad.
Old 05-06-2012, 05:54 AM

I was not saying it in a "bad" "mean" way..
Old 05-06-2012, 06:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpk View Post
i was watching ufc on fox last night and they opened up the broadcast by paying homage to yauch showing a picture and mentioning his involvement in sports etc.

they ended up playing a lot of beastie boys songs through out the whole night at the arena.

that is cool.

" Elevated platform never gonna conform "

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/defa...&content=music

Old 05-06-2012, 06:56 AM

okay, i'm sorry to disturd, but i know you're all fan of the Beastie boys and you may be able to help me.
I'm doing a presentation about their song In a world gone mad and i don't find enouth information on the net. I was just wondering when this song was created.
Thanks for your help and my condolences for Adam Yauch.
Old 05-06-2012, 07:10 AM
USA

Quote:

Dude I was there, I'm not sure what you saw, but they put his name and picture up the big screens, then proceeded to play 3 consecutive beastie songs. They did before fox's broadcast(I was there for the early fights) it was definitely surprising but also real real cool of them to do.

Snl also paid tribute to him by showing a clip of their live performance of sure shot.

And not that this matters but the bar I was at on Friday had one of those digital juke boxes, I played every beastie song they had. Twice.

Old 05-06-2012, 07:12 AM

I have used this site for a long time to keep up with the goings on,only registered yesterday.

As everyone has already said words escape me and any that come to mind ,do the events of Friday no justice. Obviously my thoughts and prayers are with Frances,Noel,Dechen,Tenzin,Adam,Mike,Mike and Fred Rubin.
At the age of 45,nailbanger i think myself pretty tough,home from work Friday turned on internet (don't do TV) Bawled my eyes out.... So young, so loved and will be sorely missed.
Weird thing is I always figured they would be around, I'd be 60 and there would be the Beasties on some show playing some jazz funk creation in cardigans (watchin Ricky's theme toooo much) Smokin pipes, still with the sarcasm, just older and grey.....
Guess not.
Best tribute Ive seen so far is up on You-tube ,Coldplay Hollywood bowl May the 4th, cover of FFYR bawled again.. LTR..

On a lighter note, Guess MCA'S a Jedi now ,, He did pass on the 4TH.
On that note
"May The Fourth be with you Adam always"

ANTHOLOGY ON LOOP LOOP LOOP All Weekend
Old 05-06-2012, 08:05 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnout18 View Post
Dude I was there, I'm not sure what you saw, but they put his name and picture up the big screens, then proceeded to play 3 consecutive beastie songs. They did before fox's broadcast(I was there for the early fights) it was definitely surprising but also real real cool of them to do.

Snl also paid tribute to him by showing a clip of their live performance of sure shot.

And not that this matters but the bar I was at on Friday had one of those digital juke boxes, I played every beastie song they had. Twice.
that's awesome. I was watching the prelims as well but once they switched õver to the main broadcast on fox the presenter mentioned his passing, showing a picture etc. pretty sure they started playing girls after that in the arena. later on I thought I heard rhymin and stealin. either way it was a nice surprise and must have felt good being there and all. (great event too).

BeastieBoys.com

Old 05-06-2012, 08:59 AM
Johnny Ryall

It's been two days and it still doesn't seem real. I had posted this somewhere else, but now that I can, I have to repost it in the place it belongs (I'm still just as teared up as the first time)

I will never forget Lollapalooza 1994 in Philadelphia, when Yauch brough out Tibetan Monks from the Yellow Hat Sect to begin the day with some beautiful chanting. I was 17 years old. I can remember his face (I will never, ever forget) as some ignorant and disrespectful fans threw water bottles at the monks. I always wanted to write a letter of apology to Yauch, on behalf of Philadelphia, and to also thank him for introducing me to the struggles of Tibet, with eventually led to my interest in Buddhism and the Dharma. I can honestly say that in addition to being the soundtrack of my life, starting at 8, to the Beastie Boys, espeically Adam Yauch, I owe a debt that can never be repaid. May Adam find a most positive rebirth, and even though we never met, I thank him from the bottom of my heart for the beautiful path he helped set me upon, just by being a postitive influence and role model. I promise that I will continue to use "Bodhisattva Vow" as my mantra. And to the Beastie Boys, you always were and always will be more than a band to me, you are a way of life.

equinox symmetry and the balance is right, smokin and drinkin' on a tuesday night.

Old 05-06-2012, 09:09 AM
Bill Me

Quote:

Yeah, that was nice.

I'm pretty sure Dana White is a big fan. He was wearing a Grand Royal t-shirt on an episode of The Ultimate Fighter on Friday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echewta View Post
Bob is laying pipe. Thats about it.

Old 05-06-2012, 09:10 AM
Johnny Ryall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Decker View Post
Weird thing is I always figured they would be around, I'd be 60 and there would be the Beasties on some show playing some jazz funk creation in cardigans (watchin Ricky's theme toooo much) Smokin pipes, still with the sarcasm, just older and grey.....
Well said.... that's exactly how I visualized it too.

equinox symmetry and the balance is right, smokin and drinkin' on a tuesday night.

Old 05-06-2012, 09:15 AM
slippery mutherfucka

I guess everything's been said already. I'll miss the Beastie Boys - I was so looking forward to the next album release and tour. Never would have thought the last time I saw them was the last - Connect Festival, Inveraray Castle, awesome set. I saw them every time they came round, and thought there'd be a lot more to come. Life's like that, have every moment while it's here. Hope everyone left behind is ok, my thoughts are with them. Thanks for all you did - it was great. Had Beasties on all weekend, and watched the video of the boys throwing water on Charles Eddy - so typical of their attitude to fun, nice one, still makes me chuckle. Take it easy guys.

i got the ill communication

Old 05-06-2012, 10:04 AM
Never-Nude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadrach View Post
It's been two days and it still doesn't seem real. I had posted this somewhere else, but now that I can, I have to repost it in the place it belongs (I'm still just as teared up as the first time)

I will never forget Lollapalooza 1994 in Philadelphia, when Yauch brough out Tibetan Monks from the Yellow Hat Sect to begin the day with some beautiful chanting. I was 17 years old. I can remember his face (I will never, ever forget) as some ignorant and disrespectful fans threw water bottles at the monks. I always wanted to write a letter of apology to Yauch, on behalf of Philadelphia, and to also thank him for introducing me to the struggles of Tibet, with eventually led to my interest in Buddhism and the Dharma. I can honestly say that in addition to being the soundtrack of my life, starting at 8, to the Beastie Boys, espeically Adam Yauch, I owe a debt that can never be repaid. May Adam find a most positive rebirth, and even though we never met, I thank him from the bottom of my heart for the beautiful path he helped set me upon, just by being a postitive influence and role model. I promise that I will continue to use "Bodhisattva Vow" as my mantra. And to the Beastie Boys, you always were and always will be more than a band to me, you are a way of life.
Well said, and that's what makes this so hard for all of us. They weren't just a band, they really were a way of life and shaped us all as we grew up. Adam is an amazing role model that I aspire to be more like with each passing day.

The proof is in the puddin'

Old 05-06-2012, 10:12 AM

i think it hasnt been mentioned, but SNL put up a picture of yauch (1964-2012) at the end of weekend update.

i don't think i've ever seen that on SNL. quite an honor
Old 05-06-2012, 10:18 AM

Domingo 6 de mayo de 2012.
Ayer no pude escribir, poque el llanto está a flor de piel, porque el corazón me duele. Pero hoy siento la necesidad de escribirte.
Mi Adam:
La foto que dejo hoy refleja lo que siento. Quiero abrazarte mi Adam, fuerte …sentir tu calor. Por qué tenía que pasar esto.
Es devastador ¿Por qué? Siento una rabia…rabia porque es eras muy joven, porque estoy segura que tenías mucho que entregar…sé que en esa creativa cabecita debieron existir un sin número de ideas. No es justo…
Universo!!!, explícame ¿cómo pudo pasar esto? ¿Por qué te llevas a una persona tan hermosa?
Imagina, yo llegando del trabajo, feliz porque esa tarde continuaría ayudando a buscar más Yauchers para el PWR 2MCA!! :’( Por qué mi Adam…
Yo nunca creí que esto ocurriría. Estaba segura que pronto sabríamos noticas de usted y nos diría: ESTOY LIBRE DE CÁNCER!
Son tantas las preguntas, es tanta la impotencia. ¿Sufriste mucho Adam?
Siendo tú una persona tan sabia, sabrías contestarme :’(
¿Quieres que te cuente algo? Yo tenía un sueño, una esperanza… en unos años más tú y tus amigos vendrían al Festival de Viña del Mar, yo estaría ahí y todo Chile se enteraría de quién es The Beastie Boys!! ^^ ¿Ahora qué hago?
Si bien yo no fui una fan de de ustedes desde hace años, como he leído de personas que te admiran desde que son adolescentes y que han coleccionado mil cosas sobre ustedes, yo tengo algo mucho más valioso: tu esencia.
Cambiaste mi manera de ver la vida, de las cosas que creía… tu ejemplo como persona me llena en todos los niveles y me ha invitado a ser como usted.
Sé que el conocerte llegó en el momento adecuado, de eso estoy segura. Fue una tarde de viernes cuando vi por el VH1 un video…y me digo: voy a buscar en youtube esa canción. Y todo comenzó. Por supuesto yo sabía quiénes eran ustedes, pero jamás me habían llamado tanto la atención.
Leí que tu mamá decía que tuviste una gran vida. Eso es verdad. De seguro yo no viviré ni la mitad de todo lo que usted hizo. Pero la pena es muy grande.
Pienso en tu señora y en tu hija. Me alegra saber que compartiste tu vida con una hermosa, inteligente y maravillosa mujer. Y espero que tu niñita sepa quién era su padre y cuán importante eras para cientos de personas.
Espero que cuando yo esté más vieja, tenga noticas de Losel…noticas sobre su talento y yo diga, wow…me recuerda a su padre, al sr. Adam Yauch!! El sr. del apellido que se pronuncia de manera extraña ^^ El sr. que entregó tanto, que me enseñó tanto, que hizo de mi vida algo mejor.
Sabes? la pena es tan grande que recuerdo lo que viví cuando mi padre falleció…eso ocurría hace 10 años, lo que he sufrido desde este viernes es similar a lo que sentí por mi papá. Yo no había descubierto lo importante que eras para mí.
He pensado en tus polerones, tus zapatos, tu anillo, tu pelito hermosamente gris, tu barba, tus gestos, tu voz, tus ojitos y tu maravillosa sonrisa. Eras mi Sol Adam, mi Solcito lindo.
¿Puedo pedirte un favor? Abrázame, abrázame fuerte Adam!
Mi Sol, te quiero. Abrázame fuerte. Mis pensamientos están contigo siempre y por siempre. Prometo esforzarme por hacer que las nuevas generaciones se enteren de quién fue Adam Yauch. Lo prometo. ^^
“si habito en tu memoria no estaré solo” (Benedetti)
Un viernes 4 de mayo se fue mi Sol… mayo nuevamente se lleva a alguien querido e importante en mi vida.
Abrázame fuerte Adam, te quiero.
Nunca pensé que diría esto:
Buen viaje mi Adam, mi niño lindo, hasta siempre!!!!
Namaste (F)
Old 05-06-2012, 10:46 AM
Unorthodox Game

I haven't been able to get online for a couple of days so just wanted to come on here and offer my sincere condolences to everyone - Yauch's family, Diamond, Horovitz and all the fans. Really sad loss. Tragically young. Really hoped they'd be able to continue to tour someday.

Rest in Peace Adam. Huge thanks. Peace and love to all.

Peace and Love to Yauch.

Heavy Gyroscope (blog)
easy 3 Soundcloud
easy 3 bandcamp
easy 3 insta
http://www.facebook.com/djeasy3

Old 05-06-2012, 10:52 AM
Mad Child

All of these tributes from every person in the public eye, and not one negative comment just goes to show what everyone on here knew all along. Everyone loves the fucking Beastie Boys. They were/are just the coolest motherfuckers EVER.

This still hurts so bad. Ugh.

Thats insane, you're stupid...you should sleep late man, it's just much easier on your constitution.

Old 05-06-2012, 11:07 AM
Hashtag lad

So sad.

One thing that hit me today was seeing the picture on the cover of the Sounds of Science anthology where they're all old and frail.

Yeah, it was a picture taken from the Ricky's Theme shoot but it was used for a reason and kinda presumed that they'd be around until the end, especially with the super imposed picture on the back. It's sad to think they'll never have that opportunity now and shows how fragile life really is.

Blog: http://luminousplectrum.blogspot.com
Twitter: @luminousplectrm

Old 05-06-2012, 11:17 AM

i feel like the SNL after 9/11 when Lorne Michaels asks Gulianni if its ok to 'be funny again'.......like....will things here ever be the same?

thank you Adam.