Old 01-07-2021, 01:09 AM

Default Reaction Videos

There are tons of videos on YouTube lately with people reacting to Beastie Boys songs. There had been a handful over the past year or two, but now there are like 3-5 a day. Not sure if it's people paying these kids to react to them, or if they're all noticing an uptick in views so they're leaning in. Cool to see the younger generation enjoying them though. But also not sure they'd say anything bad even if they hated it, since most of these are like "rise and grind" YouTube kids that put out like 10 videos a day and push people for extra money.

If this is gonna be that kind of party, I'ma stick my dick in the mashed potatoes!

Old 01-07-2021, 02:30 PM
CANADA'S BIGGEST BBOY FAN

Default Re: Reaction Videos

I find it shocking how most of the reactors are such 'rap' fans, but have never heard Beastie Boys. But oh well, its about time they catch on. I find it entertaining.

http://mic-to-mic.blogspot.com/

Old 01-08-2021, 02:35 PM

I don't know why i love the reaction videos so much.. It's really fun seeing people discover things you've enjoyed

This guy

https://youtu.be/ywE-WOBIZqI?t=433
mind blown
Old 01-08-2021, 04:58 PM
R.I.P. Brooklyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulb View Post
I find it shocking how most of the reactors are such 'rap' fans, but have never heard Beastie Boys.
it's like adam said in the sway interview how young rappers/todays rappers don't care about older hip-hop music. it's the same with fans I guess
Old 01-08-2021, 08:54 PM

i mean, their last album came out 10 years ago. i can get why the average 15 yo doesn’t know their music. hopefully they find their way to them tho.
Old 01-11-2021, 09:24 AM
Rest in Peace Yauch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micodin View Post
i mean, their last album came out 10 years ago. i can get why the average 15 yo doesn’t know their music. hopefully they find their way to them tho.
Wow- I knew this, but it didn’t really hit me until I just read your post. 10 years...

And- I’m loving the reaction videos too!

Thank You Adam Yauch

Old 01-11-2021, 10:32 AM

I saw one guy say he hadn't heard of them because he was born in 1989. I was born in 88 and became a fan in 98, haha. I resisted commenting this on his video because like... what does it help? 90% of kids I went to school with didn't really care about the B-Boys, especially rap fans. But most people knew of them at least.

If this is gonna be that kind of party, I'ma stick my dick in the mashed potatoes!

Old 01-15-2021, 12:57 PM
CANADA'S BIGGEST BBOY FAN

Would you expect a metal fan today to say they've never heard a Black Sabbath song? Why would would a Eminem fan today, never have heard Intergalactic? Kids these days I guess.

http://mic-to-mic.blogspot.com/

Old 01-17-2021, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulb View Post
Would you expect a metal fan today to say they've never heard a Black Sabbath song? Why would would a Eminem fan today, never have heard Intergalactic? Kids these days I guess.
Hip hop has always been about what's new, what's fresh. Moving on to the latest cool thing, and leaving the old music in the past. It's young cool kid culture. I think there might be a little bit of that in rock and roll also, but it's way more of a factor in hip hop. When you are young and in hip hop, you always want to be up on the latest newest freshest shit. That's where the energy is.