Go Back   Beastie Boys Message Board > Beastie Boys > Beastie Boys Live

Old 09-29-2015, 03:08 AM

Smile London, ICA 2004-05-15 download

Hi,

Just copied my old tape to mp3 so thought I'd share it with you guys. Here's my blog with the link

https://anotherboringbside.wordpress...ca-2004-05-15/

I'll be uploading the show they did in 205 in Manchester soon, too.

enjoy
Old 10-08-2015, 05:02 AM

Default Re: London, ICA 2004-05-15 download

Good work

I also taped this show and just about every radio thing around this time (the Manchester show, the Zane Lowe and Tim Westwood interviews etc). Such an exciting period. Have to disagree with you though, TT5B is excellent in my opinion. I can still recite all the lyrics and skits from start to finish (though I suppose that is true of most BB albums!).

But yes, takes me back to such an exciting time. That ICA show is great fun. Loose yet strong.

Quote:
DIAMOND: He wishes he could be here right now. So do we.

Old 10-08-2015, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave790 View Post
Good work

I also taped this show and just about every radio thing around this time (the Manchester show, the Zane Lowe and Tim Westwood interviews etc). Such an exciting period. Have to disagree with you though, TT5B is excellent in my opinion. I can still recite all the lyrics and skits from start to finish (though I suppose that is true of most BB albums!).

But yes, takes me back to such an exciting time. That ICA show is great fun. Loose yet strong.
I still laugh during Root Down when Mike D loses his shit and starts cracking up mid-verse

It was an exciting time indeed! I don't have the Westwood interviews but I have an interview that Zane Lowe did with Mike D for the release of Ch-Check It Out. I have good memories of the other Lowe interviews that occured prior to the release of HSCP2.

As for TT5B I think I should probably listen to it again. I was hugely disappointed at the time but admittedly I haven't heard it for about 5 years!
Old 10-09-2015, 12:54 PM
rebel in black

I saw them in Stockholm at Nalen on that tour. Only people who could get there was competition winners and branch people. I didn't win any competitions, but TPK hooked me up at the last minute! Met several boards people whom I still keep in touch!

ZTV filmed the show, I'm right at the front, short female with glasses and black T-shirt (logcabin) and get a slap from AdRock at 6:34!

https://youtu.be/rtHSqP4SFio

So This Is What I've Got To Say To You All
Be True To Yourself And You Will Never Fall

Old 10-09-2015, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brmanuk View Post
I still laugh during Root Down when Mike D loses his shit and starts cracking up mid-verse

It was an exciting time indeed! I don't have the Westwood interviews but I have an interview that Zane Lowe did with Mike D for the release of Ch-Check It Out. I have good memories of the other Lowe interviews that occured prior to the release of HSCP2.

As for TT5B I think I should probably listen to it again. I was hugely disappointed at the time but admittedly I haven't heard it for about 5 years!
It's funny though because I can still see why people would be completely underwhelmed by it... It's pretty minimalist for the B-Boys! But that focus on rhymes and the simplicity of the beats - the old school approach really albeit via pro tools - was exactly what I wanted at the time (for some reason).

Yes that moment in Root Down is classic, Adrock totally throws him off! It's amazing though because a few seconds later Yauch absolutely murders his verse... I think only the Beastie Boys could have me in stitches one second and then blown away with their precision the next.

There was something so exciting about hearing their voices in interviews around that time, it had just been so long. When I'm back in England I'll find the Westwood and Lowe interviews and chuck them up

Quote:

Old 10-09-2015, 09:10 PM

Also great recording

There was a CD promo of the gig knocking around, but it sounded like it was 64kbs - I always thought my cassette recording sounded better anyway. Yours is sublime!

Quote:

Old 10-30-2015, 07:56 AM
Dear New York

I was at the front of this gig...just after 3 mc's & 1 dj..you can here me heckling Mike D about is he drinking tea, which then Yauch said to me about scones - which triggered them off talking about food.
Great gig! there was a guy at the left on the front filming the whole thing. I have only seen a couple of the videos on yahoo a few years back but they have taken them down now.

www.musicfanclubs.org/beastieboys

If I had a car it would be a cadalac, Rockin on the mic, I'm not the wacky wack!