Go Back   Beastie Boys Message Board > Beastie Boys > General Beastie Boys Discussion

Old 05-11-2017, 03:10 PM

Default KRS-One shouts out wrong Beastie Boy in Song dedicated to dead rappers

--Adrock?!

http://pitchfork.com/news/73449-krs-...ocial_facebook

DOH!!
Old 05-11-2017, 07:50 PM

Default Re: KRS-One shouts out wrong Beastie Boy in Song dedicated to dead rappers

I have a lot of respect for KRS, and the sentiment is nice, but this is staggering.

Quote:
DIAMOND: He wishes he could be here right now. So do we.

Old 05-11-2017, 08:28 PM
Up in your Crawlspace

Default Re: KRS-One shouts out wrong Beastie Boy in Song dedicated to dead rappers

While it is crazy KRS made this error, it really is unbelievable that nobody (producers, mixers, engineers, friends, etc) caught this either! I guess it will be interesting to see if he comments on it at all.

I would love to hear Adrocks response to this. While it must be hard as it is another reminder of MCA, I imagine Adrock would have a great sense of humor about this.

Keep it on

Old 05-12-2017, 04:46 AM

Arrow Re: KRS-One shouts out wrong Beastie Boy in Song dedicated to dead rappers

I lost any respect I had for KRS when he shrugged off the Afrika Bambaataa child sexual abuse allegations. This is just icing on the cake.
Old 05-12-2017, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir SkratchaLot View Post
I lost any respect I had for KRS when he shrugged off the Afrika Bambaataa child sexual abuse allegations. This is just icing on the cake.

Do you have any good sources that talk about any legal proceedings or formal charges about this? This is the first I've heard of it and it's definitely some concerning shit. All I've found are very "he said, she said" pieces of journalism, but nothing more concrete than that.
Old 05-13-2017, 06:37 PM

Arrow Re: KRS-One shouts out wrong Beastie Boy in Song dedicated to dead rappers

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuc70021 View Post
Do you have any good sources that talk about any legal proceedings or formal charges about this? This is the first I've heard of it and it's definitely some concerning shit. All I've found are very "he said, she said" pieces of journalism, but nothing more concrete than that.
It's all over youtube so feel free to review and draw your own conclusions. There were interviews with victims, lots of people speaking out. I think too much time has passed for legal proceedings. You never really know for sure so judge for yourself. My read was that these victims did not come across as making shit up or trying to get attention/money. They were very specific. It's horrible really. KRS came to Bam's defense basically shrugging off the situation by saying in the hood people do all types of bad stuff. He later tried to backtrack some but in a very KRS unapologetic way.
Old 05-13-2017, 01:22 PM
rebel in black

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave790 View Post
I have a lot of respect for KRS, and the sentiment is nice, but this is staggering.
He's one of my favourite rappers (besides Beasties), but this pushes him down quite a few notches.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bradleystp View Post
While it is crazy KRS made this error, it really is unbelievable that nobody (producers, mixers, engineers, friends, etc) caught this either!
That IS quite unbelievable!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir SkratchaLot View Post
I'd never heard of that either (not about Bambaataa nor KRS's opinion on it).

Even tho KRS-One is (was?) one of my favourite rappers this makes me less sorry that I didn't go to his gig here in Stockholm a few weeks back. I usually go to gigs every week, sometimes several (like four gigs in three days last week, and I'm 57....) my work wears me out and sometimes I'm too tired to go out, as was the case here. Now I wonder if I ever will go to see him live (if he ever comes back to these shores).

So This Is What I've Got To Say To You All
Be True To Yourself And You Will Never Fall

Old 05-12-2017, 04:49 AM

I always thought it was Mike D that was mistakenly thought dead.
Old 05-12-2017, 05:30 AM
Up in your Crawlspace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micodin View Post

Keep it on

Old 05-12-2017, 05:22 PM
technically insane

It just hasn't been the same since Mike D passed away...

Is what some guy told me last week.

earl@fuckyoumyman.com

Old 05-17-2017, 02:00 AM
authorised Polish user

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micodin View Post
"Well I'm Mike D and I'm back from the dead"

Rumor has it, he himself started this fake back in '89.

FREE TIBET

5/4/12 :(

Old 05-17-2017, 07:44 AM

I remember my cousin telling me when we were at a Red Sox game that Mike D had died. That was 88 I think.

That girl ain't nothing but the blue plate crab special at Woodman's in Essex, MA