Go Back   Beastie Boys Message Board > Beastie Boys > General Beastie Boys Discussion

Old 05-11-2017, 03:10 PM

Default KRS-One shouts out wrong Beastie Boy in Song dedicated to dead rappers

--Adrock?!

http://pitchfork.com/news/73449-krs-...ocial_facebook

DOH!!
Old 05-11-2017, 07:50 PM

Default Re: KRS-One shouts out wrong Beastie Boy in Song dedicated to dead rappers

I have a lot of respect for KRS, and the sentiment is nice, but this is staggering.

Quote:
DIAMOND: He wishes he could be here right now. So do we.

Old 05-11-2017, 08:28 PM
Up in your Crawlspace

Default Re: KRS-One shouts out wrong Beastie Boy in Song dedicated to dead rappers

While it is crazy KRS made this error, it really is unbelievable that nobody (producers, mixers, engineers, friends, etc) caught this either! I guess it will be interesting to see if he comments on it at all.

I would love to hear Adrocks response to this. While it must be hard as it is another reminder of MCA, I imagine Adrock would have a great sense of humor about this.

Keep it on

Old 05-12-2017, 04:46 AM

Arrow Re: KRS-One shouts out wrong Beastie Boy in Song dedicated to dead rappers

I lost any respect I had for KRS when he shrugged off the Afrika Bambaataa child sexual abuse allegations. This is just icing on the cake.
Old 05-12-2017, 04:49 AM

I always thought it was Mike D that was mistakenly thought dead.
Old 05-12-2017, 05:30 AM
Up in your Crawlspace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micodin View Post

Keep it on

Old 05-12-2017, 05:22 PM
technically insane

It just hasn't been the same since Mike D passed away...

Is what some guy told me last week.

earl@fuckyoumyman.com

Old 05-12-2017, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir SkratchaLot View Post
I lost any respect I had for KRS when he shrugged off the Afrika Bambaataa child sexual abuse allegations. This is just icing on the cake.

Do you have any good sources that talk about any legal proceedings or formal charges about this? This is the first I've heard of it and it's definitely some concerning shit. All I've found are very "he said, she said" pieces of journalism, but nothing more concrete than that.
Old 05-13-2017, 01:22 PM
rebel in black

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave790 View Post
I have a lot of respect for KRS, and the sentiment is nice, but this is staggering.
He's one of my favourite rappers (besides Beasties), but this pushes him down quite a few notches.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bradleystp View Post
While it is crazy KRS made this error, it really is unbelievable that nobody (producers, mixers, engineers, friends, etc) caught this either!
That IS quite unbelievable!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir SkratchaLot View Post
I'd never heard of that either (not about Bambaataa nor KRS's opinion on it).

Even tho KRS-One is (was?) one of my favourite rappers this makes me less sorry that I didn't go to his gig here in Stockholm a few weeks back. I usually go to gigs every week, sometimes several (like four gigs in three days last week, and I'm 57....) my work wears me out and sometimes I'm too tired to go out, as was the case here. Now I wonder if I ever will go to see him live (if he ever comes back to these shores).

So This Is What I've Got To Say To You All
Be True To Yourself And You Will Never Fall

Old 05-13-2017, 06:37 PM

Arrow Re: KRS-One shouts out wrong Beastie Boy in Song dedicated to dead rappers

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuc70021 View Post
Do you have any good sources that talk about any legal proceedings or formal charges about this? This is the first I've heard of it and it's definitely some concerning shit. All I've found are very "he said, she said" pieces of journalism, but nothing more concrete than that.
It's all over youtube so feel free to review and draw your own conclusions. There were interviews with victims, lots of people speaking out. I think too much time has passed for legal proceedings. You never really know for sure so judge for yourself. My read was that these victims did not come across as making shit up or trying to get attention/money. They were very specific. It's horrible really. KRS came to Bam's defense basically shrugging off the situation by saying in the hood people do all types of bad stuff. He later tried to backtrack some but in a very KRS unapologetic way.
Old 05-14-2017, 07:26 AM

KRS was recently on the Drinks Podcast and kind of walk backed his initial statements. But he still stands by his statement that Bam is a pillar of Hip Hop and founding father and nothing can take away from that.

It's another Bill Cosby situation where there are far too many accusers and too much time has passed. Sad really.
Old 05-14-2017, 07:31 AM
Legoland

And apparently he's removed the original song from digital platforms, and will re-record the song

https://twitter.com/IAmKRSOne/status/863423489679646720

http://ambrosiaforheads.com/2017/05/...lyric-mistake/
Old 05-14-2017, 07:46 AM
shaZam!

Hahaha

Latin lingo baby funky bilingual funky bilingual
Yeah, funky bilingual
It's the latin lingo!

Old 05-14-2017, 03:02 PM

Way to keep advertising your album in an apology

Yes Adam yauch was very spiritual yes he raised awareness about the situation in Tibet yea he was a great father , husband and friend but most of all he was a dope MC one of the greatest to ever pick up a mike his voice will be missed- Chris Rock

Old 05-15-2017, 11:03 AM

Jay Z also mixed up the two when talking about filling in for the Beasties in his Decoded book. wtf

Quote:
In 2008 I headlined at another big rock festival, the All Points West show in New York. Unlike Glastonbury, there wasn’t any real controversy. I wasn’t even supposed to be on the bill. I was filling in at the last minute for the original headliners, the Beastie Boys, because Ad Rock, one of the Boys, had to drop out for cancer treatments. In their honor, I opened my show with a cover of their classic Brooklyn anthem, “No Sleep Till Brooklyn.”
https://archive.org/stream/DecodedBy...Jay-Z_djvu.txt

That girl ain't nothing but the blue plate crab special at Woodman's in Essex, MA

Old 05-15-2017, 11:23 AM
FEVER RECORDS

I always maintained krs-1 was a fraud and didn't know shit about hip hop. I now rest my case.

catch the FEVER! Get Fever t-shirts just like the ones the BEASTIE BOYS wore on the VH1 HIP HOP HONOR 2006 AWARDS!! www.FEVERRECORDS.com

Old 05-15-2017, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KENNY GUIDO View Post
I always maintained krs-1 was a fraud and didn't know shit about hip hop. I now rest my case.
What made you think that in the first place? His music, or was it something he used to say?
Old 05-15-2017, 10:38 PM
High Plains Drifter

Quote:
He can be pretentious and snobbish about Hip Hop but I think he knows plenty about it. And the explanation for the mess up is almost decent (rushing through it and releasing it without thinking about it) and most importantly he's fixing it (and released a lengthy apology).

"BEASTIE BOYS Will Forever Be 1 of the BIGGEST inspirations 4 me in music & life."
-Busta Rhymes

Old 05-16-2017, 08:43 AM

Quote:
FOH. KRS is hip hop. You can be mad about him mixing up Adrock with MCA all you want but you can't discredit what KRS has done for hip hop culture.
Old 05-17-2017, 02:00 AM
authorised Polish user

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micodin View Post
"Well I'm Mike D and I'm back from the dead"

Rumor has it, he himself started this fake back in '89.

FREE TIBET

5/4/12 :(

Old 05-17-2017, 07:44 AM

I remember my cousin telling me when we were at a Red Sox game that Mike D had died. That was 88 I think.

That girl ain't nothing but the blue plate crab special at Woodman's in Essex, MA

Old 05-17-2017, 08:24 AM
shaZam!

Yeah their names have always been mixed up and it's still the same now!

Yeah, funky bilingual
It's the latin lingo!

Old 05-18-2017, 02:46 PM
crazy sniffable

haha, from a guy who's name stands for "Knowledge Reigns Supreme". Priceless.

He's an irreplaceable figure in hip-hop, but has always been pretty ignorant in my book. Just loves to hear himself preach and is often blatantly full of shit.

it's just 2 wheels and me, the wind in eyes...

Old 05-18-2017, 05:21 PM
NYC Brouhaha Division

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernard Goetz View Post
Jay Z also mixed up the two when talking about filling in for the Beasties in his Decoded book. wtf

https://archive.org/stream/DecodedBy...Jay-Z_djvu.txt
he also got the year wrong, it was '09

smh all around this fuckery

Long Burn The Fire. Rest In Peace Adam.