Old 12-07-2016, 08:34 AM

Default Place to buy b-boys records?

Hey guys - besides ebay, amazon, discogs, etc., do you use any other websites or listserv to buy b-boys vinyl?

I've been shopping around, but I have to keep Beastiemania.com open at all times while I browse because there are so many bootlegs floating around that try to pass as legit. It's getting annoying, and I'd just like to be able to shop for actual releases.

Thanks in advance!
Old 12-08-2016, 10:16 AM
rebel in black

Default Re: Place to buy b-boys records?

I buy my records at record shops.

So This Is What I've Got To Say To You All
Be True To Yourself And You Will Never Fall

Old 12-08-2016, 11:18 PM

Yes, that's always preferred, but even among the dozens of record shops here in Philly, I constantly find bootlegs that are sold as legitimate. Just today I was as a record store downtown and found Country Mike's Greatest Hits, but could immediately tell that it was bootleg. They were asking $30 and I asked them if it was a bootleg. The dude swore up and down that it wasn't, until I showed him on beastiemania that it was.

I genuinely think he just didn't know, but still. Every time I try to buy some uncommon/rare Beastie stuff, I have to triple-check that it's a legit release.
Old 12-20-2016, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuc70021 View Post
Hey guys - besides ebay, amazon, discogs, etc., do you use any other websites or listserv to buy b-boys vinyl?

I've been shopping around, but I have to keep Beastiemania.com open at all times while I browse because there are so many bootlegs floating around that try to pass as legit. It's getting annoying, and I'd just like to be able to shop for actual releases.

Thanks in advance!
I just sent you a PM.
Old 12-31-2016, 05:46 AM
auxfnx.com

Try discogs.com - they have a great marketplace and you can browse individual specific releases like on beastiemania and see if there are any for sale!

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam_f View Post
I've always wanted to pass out on one of those moving sidewalks at the airport so I could wake up to forward progress.

Old 12-31-2016, 07:16 AM

Arrow Re: Place to buy b-boys records?

My early collection came from record shops (I even scored their first 7" in VG+ condition and a sealed copy of Rock Hard this way), but you will never be able to track down many things without the internet. I've definitely gone to all areas of the globe to find stuff. In the late 90s I found a big stash of brand new MCA and Burzootie 12"s sitting in the U.K.
Old 01-01-2017, 02:05 PM

I'm definitely not a "seller" in the sense that I don't sell on ebay or discogs or anywhere else for that matter. I have always been pretty much a buyer. After absorbing a massive collection, I have around 1,000 doubles. I've cataloged them all, and have a pretty exact inventory. If anyone is looking for something in particular I can either sell or trade it, or point you in the right direction. I'll pretty much guarantee that you'll get exactly what you are looking for, and will not jerk you around in any way whatsoever.
Old 01-03-2017, 05:46 AM

Looking for the Hello Nasty "acetate" CD with the original 3MCs and 1DJ.

Also looking for the LTI Laserdisc.
Old 01-03-2017, 07:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir SkratchaLot View Post
I guess I am not really up on this. What is the difference between what is on the final release album and what is on the acetate?
Old 01-04-2017, 01:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir SkratchaLot View Post

Also looking for the LTI Laserdisc.
The only Hello Nasty acetate that I have a second copy of is the one from June 3rd

I checked it, and unfortunately it does not have the original version of the track you are looking for. The only place I have found that version is on the acetate from April 23rd.

I'll send you a PM on the Laserdisc.
Old 01-04-2017, 02:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSmiley1 View Post
I guess I am not really up on this. What is the difference between what is on the final release album and what is on the acetate?
Sometimes CDR versions of what eventually becomes the album are burned by the record company to be kept in house. Occasionally they wind up in the hands of enthusiasts. Acetate is really a misnomer that's used to refer to recordings that were made prior to an official release in the case of CDR's. They can, but do not always, contain versions of the music that was recorded during the developmental stages and have versions that were never officially released.
Old 01-04-2017, 08:46 AM
Up in your Crawlspace

What I would love to hear is the original versions from HSC P.1. Anyone have those?

Keep it on

Old 01-05-2017, 10:11 AM
PhD In Parapsychology

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSmiley1 View Post
It's been a while since I've heard it but it was mostly sample differences. The only ones I remember are instead of "Bug out too/for Mike/all the time" it was "Bug out too/for Mike/every single day" and it was a Snoop Dogg sample and instead of "Gotta Gotta get down" it was "Gotta Gotta be fresh."

"There's more to me then you'll ever know." - Adam Yauch, Hey Ladies

Last edited by Rodie : 01-05-2017 at 10:13 AM.
Old 01-05-2017, 04:23 PM

Hey Everyone,

I just wanted to vouch for bigfatlove06, who offered to sell some of this duplicate copies of records, CDs, etc.

I recently picked up a couple of my "most wanted" items from him and this guy was awesome to deal with. Super responsive and really went out of his way to make sure I knew exactly what I was getting and exactly what condition it was in. Very transparent with everything from start to finish. Very reasonable prices as well. I will definitely be going back to him when I figure out my next want-list of B-Boys rarities.

Happy hunting!
Old 01-06-2017, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfatlove06 View Post
The only Hello Nasty acetate that I have a second copy of is the one from June 3rd

I checked it, and unfortunately it does not have the original version of the track you are looking for. The only place I have found that version is on the acetate from April 23rd.

I'll send you a PM on the Laserdisc.
Thanks for the info because I was under the impression that the June 3rd disc had it. I'll shift my search now!
Old 01-08-2017, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bradleystp View Post
What I would love to hear is the original versions from HSC P.1. Anyone have those?
No - but I will join you in requesting!

I remember an article covering all the tracks before the proposed late-2009 release, but I guess that was just a listening session. I imagine promos were never distributed properly because surely one of them would have leaked.

Quote:
DIAMOND: He wishes he could be here right now. So do we.

Old 03-27-2017, 05:41 PM

Hey y'all and to whom this may concern

I recently purchased a number of Beastie items from Big Fat Love, someone I've dealt with on many levels through out the years. He was able to fill some major holes I had on my want list.

Great guy. Easy to communicate with. Fellow Beastie Nerd. If there's stuff you want, he's probably got two copies of it!
Old 07-21-2017, 05:46 AM

Bump!