#1  
Old 06-20-2019, 06:11 PM
tuc70021 tuc70021 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 247
Default New Sabotage Vinyl Bootleg

Say this on Ebay - looks like a new 3" bootleg of Sabotage

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Beastie-Boy...frcectupt=true

I'm not a bootleg collector myself, but I've never seen a 3" before
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 06-20-2019, 10:56 PM
bigfatlove06 bigfatlove06 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 893
Default Re: New Sabotage Vinyl Bootleg

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuc70021 View Post
Say this on Ebay - looks like a new 3" bootleg of Sabotage

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Beastie-Boy...frcectupt=true

I'm not a bootleg collector myself, but I've never seen a 3" before
It's not a bootleg. It's a Record Store Day release.

http://floodmagazine.com/63388/beast...3-inch-single/
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 06-20-2019, 11:08 PM
bigfatlove06 bigfatlove06 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 893
Default Re: New Sabotage Vinyl Bootleg

The eBay seller who posted this is an entrepreneur who wants you to pay him $100 for a $10 item. Its release date is 7/19
https://recordstoreday.com/NewsItem/8495
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 06-21-2019, 04:04 AM
tuc70021 tuc70021 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 247
Default Re: New Sabotage Vinyl Bootleg

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfatlove06 View Post
The eBay seller who posted this is an entrepreneur who wants you to pay him $100 for a $10 item. Its release date is 7/19
https://recordstoreday.com/NewsItem/8495
Thanks for the info! I'm pretty ignorant of the whole record store day thing, so how do these work? They get the bands to license them a song for a weird little release? And then you just have to see if random indie record stores in your area have these weird releases on that day?
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 06-21-2019, 09:43 AM
Sir SkratchaLot Sir SkratchaLot is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 1,576
Arrow Re: New Sabotage Vinyl Bootleg

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuc70021 View Post
Thanks for the info! I'm pretty ignorant of the whole record store day thing, so how do these work? They get the bands to license them a song for a weird little release? And then you just have to see if random indie record stores in your area have these weird releases on that day?
That's basically right. These days online sellers have started to come into the mix but originally it was showing up at an independent record store and hoping you could snag a copy on "Record Store Day". That's how these two were released:
https://www.discogs.com/Beastie-Boys...elease/2237141
https://www.discogs.com/Beastie-Boys...elease/2833482

Now "Record Store Day" seems to happen every other month and there are tons of releases and many more copies being sold online.

The two I listed above were apparently much more limited (1000 copies and 500 copies respectively) so hopefully they'll be plenty of the 3" Sabotage to go around.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 06-21-2019, 06:58 PM
tuc70021 tuc70021 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 247
Default Re: New Sabotage Vinyl Bootleg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir SkratchaLot View Post
That's basically right. These days online sellers have started to come into the mix but originally it was showing up at an independent record store and hoping you could snag a copy on "Record Store Day". That's how these two were released:
https://www.discogs.com/Beastie-Boys...elease/2237141
https://www.discogs.com/Beastie-Boys...elease/2833482


Now "Record Store Day" seems to happen every other month and there are tons of releases and many more copies being sold online.

The two I listed above were apparently much more limited (1000 copies and 500 copies respectively) so hopefully they'll be plenty of the 3" Sabotage to go around.
That RSD release that's just two remixes from HSCP2.... it just seems so lazy. No art, no cool packaging, not even vinyl labels that look remotely like a legit record. Did the band sign off on this? I have the Make Some Noise RSD 7", and at least that comes in a semi-classy Parlophone sleeve with a real vinyl label.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 06-24-2019, 05:35 AM
pip07's Avatar
pip07 pip07 is offline
Call me pip
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Illinois
Posts: 1,346
Default Re: New Sabotage Vinyl Bootleg

this vendor still has the 3 inch player released on record store day earlier this year. It comes with a 3 inch copy of a Foo Fighters song.

https://www.bullmoose.com/p/29261930...table-rsd-2019

they seemingly sold out of Sabotage pre-orders though. I was able to get mine before it was too late

https://www.bullmoose.com/p/30919858...-record-player



Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid Presentable
Pip has the best avatar.

Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 06-24-2019, 08:19 PM
tuc70021 tuc70021 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 247
Default Re: New Sabotage Vinyl Bootleg

Quote:
Originally Posted by pip07 View Post
this vendor still has the 3 inch player released on record store day earlier this year. It comes with a 3 inch copy of a Foo Fighters song.

https://www.bullmoose.com/p/29261930...table-rsd-2019

they seemingly sold out of Sabotage pre-orders though. I was able to get mine before it was too late

https://www.bullmoose.com/p/30919858...-record-player
Not hating on you by any means, but if one can preorder this.....then what is the point? You can order it and just pick it up from your record store like an Amazon locket delivery? This system seeks like it encourages flippers rather than encourages people to shop at record stores.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 06-26-2019, 12:52 AM
pip07's Avatar
pip07 pip07 is offline
Call me pip
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Illinois
Posts: 1,346
Default Re: New Sabotage Vinyl Bootleg

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuc70021 View Post
Not hating on you by any means, but if one can preorder this.....then what is the point? You can order it and just pick it up from your record store like an Amazon locket delivery? This system seeks like it encourages flippers rather than encourages people to shop at record stores.
The point is I get the record



Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid Presentable
Pip has the best avatar.

Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 06-30-2019, 11:13 AM
bigfatlove06 bigfatlove06 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 893
Default Re: New Sabotage Vinyl Bootleg

Quote:
Originally Posted by pip07 View Post
The point is I get the record
And it's that simple.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:00 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2020 Beastie Boys