Old 01-24-2015, 06:07 AM

Default (Some more) Bullshit

http://m.tmz.com/#Article/2015/01/23...am-yauch-death

thank you Adam.

Old 01-24-2015, 08:14 AM

Default Re: (Some more) Bullshit

That link doesn't go to the right article for some reason. This one works though

http://www.tmz.com/2015/01/23/beasti...m-yauch-death/

"The surviving members say -- since Adam "MCA" Yauch died from cancer in 2012 -- no one wants them anymore so every dollar counts."

I want to know where they are getting this information. Pretty sure they have never said this not to mention I am sure there are TONS of artists who would love for either one (or both) of them to appear on some tracks, produce, remix songs, etc.

It is TMZ and they like to stir things up so we should take it with a grain of salt.
Old 01-24-2015, 10:46 AM
R.I.P. Brooklyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSmiley1 View Post
Pretty sure they have never said this not to mention I am sure there are TONS of artists who would love for either one (or both) of them to appear on some tracks, produce, remix songs, etc.
there has to be something being left out with all the legal stuff being reported. I could understand asking for lawyer fees to be paid by saying monster forced their hand at going the legal route. but I can't understand "we can't work" being a valid reason for asking for fees to be paid. They can clearly work(barring some health issue that keeps them from doing so that we are unaware of") they choose not to.

"The surviving members say -- since Adam "MCA" Yauch died from cancer in 2012 -- no one wants them anymore so every dollar counts."

There is no way possible they're going to court with that as their validation.
Old 01-24-2015, 12:07 PM
Rest in Peace Yauch

Sounds like some tmz sensationalism to me.

Thank You Adam Yauch

Old 01-25-2015, 05:43 AM
Scientist

Could be Monster trying to twist their words in order to win against them. For example contact a reporter and propose a slant or supposed quote. Hard to say, but it looks suspicious to me.

I think the band's argument is sound regarding the use of Beastie Boys' material unlawfully and the costs associated with this infringement. The three of them cannot make new material. It makes sense that an artist would want their work protected from exploitation or mis-use. It also means that their legal fees should be paid back when Monster decides to counter-sue or simply exhaust the band's resources unnecessarily. It is shame that Monster cannot simply settle out and leave them alone. The remaining members would probably be better off focusing on their futures rather than getting tied up in drawn out legal battles protecting Beastie Boys' legacy. It must be a terrible drag to have to do that (i.e., business management side of things) when you are an artist.

"A lot of record companies look at the numbers and they'll be like, 'Your first record sold 5 million and your second record sold only 800,000. What happened? You guys fell off, I think the band all feels that the record did really well. Most musicians I grew up playing music with would probably shoot me if I ever complained about selling 800,000 records."

Old 01-25-2015, 07:08 AM

Arrow Re: (Some more) Bullshit

Those legal fees don't seem right either. The whole thing seems suspect. Notice how they don't use quotes, but paraphrase. Things that make you go "hmmmmmm".
Old 01-25-2015, 01:14 PM

Arrow Re: (Some more) Bullshit

This is much better
http://www.rollingstone.com/music/ne...-fees-20150120
Old 01-26-2015, 10:41 AM
FEVER RECORDS

It could be right. I know a lot artists that still depend on tourin for thier income, while holding down a regular job. It seems that the Beastie world is getting smaller and smaller. I was dating a girl that didn't like the Beastie boys and laughed me for listening to them
Mind u , she is only 27 years old but whats thier not to like about them? It sucks that in don't hear the radio anymore and I only know of one station in new York that plays them and i think.that's really sad. As much as I know they are "done" as a group, I would still throw down my hard earned cash to watch them perform again. I also heard some fans of another 90s grunge group got 100 grand together to get thier favorite group to perform again. I hope Adam and mike never go that route but it would.be awesome to have.them peform show solely for us.

catch the FEVER! Get Fever t-shirts just like the ones the BEASTIE BOYS wore on the VH1 HIP HOP HONOR 2006 AWARDS!! www.FEVERRECORDS.com

Old 01-26-2015, 04:23 PM
I'm flowing prose to cons

Quote:
Originally Posted by KENNY GUIDO View Post
It could be right. I know a lot artists that still depend on tourin for thier income, while holding down a regular job. It seems that the Beastie world is getting smaller and smaller. I was dating a girl that didn't like the Beastie boys and laughed me for listening to them
Mind u , she is only 27 years old but whats thier not to like about them? It sucks that in don't hear the radio anymore and I only know of one station in new York that plays them and i think.that's really sad. As much as I know they are "done" as a group, I would still throw down my hard earned cash to watch them perform again. I also heard some fans of another 90s grunge group got 100 grand together to get thier favorite group to perform again. I hope Adam and mike never go that route but it would.be awesome to have.them peform show solely for us.
I remember Yauch stating a few years before he died that he didn't have the kind of money saved that one would expect him to have. I guess for their level of fame/success they do live modestly and so there isn't any room to lose large chunks of money.

Sounds like TMZ is taking Mike D's courtroom comment about how they can't make anymore music because Yauch died, but he didn't say it like that. If the stories keep rehashing that it will eventually cause Horovitz to respond. I mean he has before when they've taken things out of context.

Houston's Classic Hiphop station plays the Beastie's daily!

I'll never turn back 'cause that's the way I've got to live.....

https://twitter.com/beastieboysnews

Old 01-26-2015, 04:55 PM
Music est. 1986

TMZ is absolute garbage. They're are pure scum, and I wouldn't believe anything they report especially if it deals with actual news.

I would find it very hard to believe that Mike D and his wife are flat out broke, especially if you know anything about the Diamond family background.

And Didn't Ad-rock just buy a new house for $2 mill or something?

As for Yauch's wealth, after he passed away there were some news reports stating that he had a net worth of $6-7 million dollars, which I believe some went to his family and the rest to charities.

$6-7 million seems like a realistic figure for each member. I don't think it's nowhere near the $75 - $100 million as Forbes and celeb net worth websties seem to state.
But overall is not really any of our business.
Old 01-27-2015, 02:45 AM
repeat

Sold out Worldwide tours, Number 1 Albums coming out 30 years after they formed and not a single gold plated Bentley or Malibu mansion in sight - I'd say that they did well with their money…not that its anyones damned business

Quote:
Originally Posted by some korean pirate View Post
13 multilateral atomic arms reduction.

Old 01-27-2015, 10:14 AM

There might be some truth to this story after all. Regardless, you gotta adjust your spending when your income changes...whether your're a millionaire or make $35K a year....

thank you Adam.

Old 01-27-2015, 04:46 PM
Music est. 1986

I think the most surprising thing is that Guido is dating a 27 year old.
Old 01-28-2015, 04:10 AM
repeat

Quote:
Originally Posted by brooklyndust View Post
Ouch

Quote:

Old 01-29-2015, 10:21 AM
FEVER RECORDS

Haters!

catch the FEVER! Get Fever t-shirts just like the ones the BEASTIE BOYS wore on the VH1 HIP HOP HONOR 2006 AWARDS!! www.FEVERRECORDS.com

Old 01-30-2015, 04:46 AM
repeat

Quote:
Originally Posted by KENNY GUIDO View Post
Haters!
Actually I'd High5 you.

Quote:

Old 01-30-2015, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brooklyndust View Post
Haha. Gold.