Go Back   Beastie Boys Message Board > Beastie Boys > General Beastie Boys Discussion

Old 04-02-2020, 08:16 PM
ps I love you

Default I wrote a book about UNKLE's Psyence Fiction (the album which featured Mike D)

I've recently finished the book I was writing about UNKLE's Psyence Fiction. I mentioned it here last year and someone told me to make a post when it was done...

You can download it here for free as a PDF (2mb), and you can print your own copies or read online.

Or if you prefer a hard copy then you can buy it on Amazon: Amazon US, Amazon CA, Amazon UK, Amazon AUS, and it should roll out to other places soon.

There isn't a whole lot of information about Mike D as he generally would make jokes when commenting to reporters, but the book discusses some sessions in LA from 1995 where James Lavelle, Tim Goldsworthy, Money Mark, DJ Shadow, and more recorded with Mario C at G-Son. Mike D was meant to record but didn't. Later in 1997 Mike D provided vocals for Psyence Fiction, but he sent them via post so there isn't much to say about him there either.

That being said, if you're interested in UNKLE, Mo' Wax, or DJ Shadow then this may be of interest to you

Feel free to distribute this to anyone you think may be interested, and if people want to reprint excerpts on your own websites etc. then just ask as I'm just happy to have it read

It's a Lion....YEA!

Old 04-03-2020, 07:21 AM

Arrow Re: I wrote a book about UNKLE's Psyence Fiction (the album which featured Mike D)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyjrg View Post
I've recently finished the book I was writing about UNKLE's Psyence Fiction. I mentioned it here last year and someone told me to make a post when it was done...

You can download it here for free as a PDF (2mb), and you can print your own copies or read online.

Or if you prefer a hard copy then you can buy it on Amazon: Amazon US, Amazon CA, Amazon UK, Amazon AUS, and it should roll out to other places soon.

There isn't a whole lot of information about Mike D as he generally would make jokes when commenting to reporters, but the book discusses some sessions in LA from 1995 where James Lavelle, Tim Goldsworthy, Money Mark, DJ Shadow, and more recorded with Mario C at G-Son. Mike D was meant to record but didn't. Later in 1997 Mike D provided vocals for Psyence Fiction, but he sent them via post so there isn't much to say about him there either.

That being said, if you're interested in UNKLE, Mo' Wax, or DJ Shadow then this may be of interest to you

Feel free to distribute this to anyone you think may be interested, and if people want to reprint excerpts on your own websites etc. then just ask as I'm just happy to have it read
Nice! Thanks for posting.
Old 04-03-2020, 11:39 AM

Default Re: I wrote a book about UNKLE's Psyence Fiction (the album which featured Mike D)

Sweet Dude. Thanks for doing this, and sharing it. Looking forward to checking it out.

message board