Go Back   Beastie Boys Message Board > Beastie Boys > General Beastie Boys Discussion

Old 05-05-2012, 10:18 AM
Administrator

Default Re: TMZ : "YAUCH DEAD"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid Presentable View Post
tpk is there any chance we can change the title of the thread? Yes it's true, but it's a fucking hammer between the eyes to read. No dramas if not, just wondering.
i know right. i was just thinking about it too.

BeastieBoys.com

Old 05-05-2012, 10:20 AM
Administrator

Default Re: Adam Yauch - 1964-2012

changed it.

BeastieBoys.com

Old 05-05-2012, 02:58 PM
The Illest Jew-O-Rican!!!

I'm listening to "Looking Down The Barrel Of A Gun" and MCA saying "Life comes in phases/Take the good with the bad" stung me.

We Love You MCA!

Old 05-05-2012, 10:31 AM
Adrock

Default Re: TMZ : "YAUCH DEAD"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid Presentable View Post
tpk is there any chance we can change the title of the thread? Yes it's true, but it's a fucking hammer between the eyes to read. No dramas if not, just wondering.
True. Even a lot of the news headlines. So blunt about it.

Back On The Mic Its The Anti-Depressor

www.youtube.com/lauriehammy

Old 05-05-2012, 10:37 AM
Toe tapper/hand clapper

This sucks. My bro came over and we partied till around 5. I played all my beastie vinyl - from cookie puss to hot sauce. Today I feel no better. Reading all the twitter feeds to watching Jimmy Fallon it's a mindfuck really. The article below states Adam went into the hospital right around the HOF induction and then things moved rapidly. I have no idea what my point is but I'm sad and this hurts.

http://artsbeat.blogs.nytimes.com/20...-boys-dies/?hp
Old 05-05-2012, 10:38 AM
I'm flowing prose to cons

He was admitted to the hospital the day of the ceremony.

Thanks for the thread title change. omg my heart is broken. i am not sure what i will do this weekend. I am glad my best friend is crashing over at my place with me.

I luv you Adam.

I'll never turn back 'cause that's the way I've got to live.....

https://twitter.com/beastieboysnews

Old 05-05-2012, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spacemac9000 View Post
WTF REALLY ???
wow when I read & think about how much the loss of MCA impacts my fellow peer fans on this board and how much it impacted myself as well, my heart truly goes out to MIKE D, ADROCK, and ADAM's family and friends who must really feel this loss in a profound way.

MCA thanks for having a positive impact on my life and helping me survive some difficult times and helping me enjoy some happy times.

" Elevated platform never gonna conform "

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/defa...&content=music

Old 05-05-2012, 12:39 PM

When I think about why I am so devasted...well it's Beastie Boys songs listed as "music of the day" in my firstborn's baby book 28 years ago, lyrics to their songs were some of her first words, hardly a day has gone by during those years that I haven't listened to their music, never tiring of the def jams, still can't listen to Intergallactic without getting a smile on my face. That I relate to this music on so many levels, but in the end it is all about the beats. They helped define my life but what now? Time will heal, but it will never be the same.

Last edited by jlarsen : 05-05-2012 at 12:46 PM.
Old 05-05-2012, 05:51 PM
MCA 1964 - 2012

Farewell and Safe Journeys Yauch, you moved millions and a couple mountains as well.

You left us too soon, but you left us with many gifts

Much peace and healing to your family and your beastie brothers

you'll be missed immensely

Just because you have one doesn't mean you have to be one

Old 05-05-2012, 06:19 PM
Grand Master OG Member

"May you be well. May you be happy. May you know love. May you know peace." Namaste Adam. - Skrilla

STILL PRAYIN' FOR YAUCH

Old 05-05-2012, 06:58 PM
NYC Brouhaha Division

this isn't getting any easier. I want to devote my entire social networking efforts to letting the world know what an amazing and powerful being this man once was and will always be.

it's overkill, but I always felt this way. people knew I was passionate about the Beastie Boys and Adam Yauch in particular, but there is so much to say about a person who has influenced and affected your life for the last 20 years.

solidify my own views
and I'll be glad if it helps anyone else out too

to try and change the world i will plot and scheme

Long Burn The Fire. Rest In Peace Adam.

Old 05-05-2012, 07:22 PM
The Illest Jew-O-Rican!!!

The Rock N' Roll Hall Of Fame Induction Ceremony is on HBO right now for those on the East Coast.

We Love You MCA!

Old 05-05-2012, 08:49 PM

First I would like to send my condolences to his family, parents and members of the Beastie Boys. May Adam rest in peace. He is in a better place now.
For his loving wife and daughter....nothing anyone can say or do will fill the void left in your hearts, but rejoice in knowing that he is in the heavens watching down on all of us and that one day you will be reunited.
Time heals all wounds but never forget what a wonderful person Adam was. It saddens me to think the last time they were in Austin that that would be the last time I saw the group preform. They were always the best live show that I had and ever will see.
Adam you will be missed always.
I can not remember a time since the 80's that I did not listen to them. Nothing will stop that ever. To my dieing day I will always hold a special place in my heart for the BEASTIE BOYS. Even now, I still can not believe he is gone. Rest in peace my brother.

Your loving fan always, from Austin Texas
Aimlessly

Last edited by aimlessly : 05-05-2012 at 09:14 PM.
Old 05-06-2012, 11:07 AM
Hashtag lad

So sad.

One thing that hit me today was seeing the picture on the cover of the Sounds of Science anthology where they're all old and frail.

Yeah, it was a picture taken from the Ricky's Theme shoot but it was used for a reason and kinda presumed that they'd be around until the end, especially with the super imposed picture on the back. It's sad to think they'll never have that opportunity now and shows how fragile life really is.

Blog: http://luminousplectrum.blogspot.com
Twitter: @luminousplectrm

Old 05-06-2012, 11:17 AM

i feel like the SNL after 9/11 when Lorne Michaels asks Gulianni if its ok to 'be funny again'.......like....will things here ever be the same?

thank you Adam.

Old 05-06-2012, 11:30 AM
Adrock

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZzaXe-Yp_GM

Pretty awsome. The guy doing Sabotage was amazing.

Back On The Mic Its The Anti-Depressor

www.youtube.com/lauriehammy

Old 05-06-2012, 01:10 PM

Lightbulb Re: Adam Yauch - 1964-2012

</3 I'm in denial. MCA was one of the very, very few people I looked up to along with Mike and Adam; they were(and still are) a HUGE influence in my life.

I still remember when I first got into the beasties and how exciting it was to listen and discover new things about them; I would listen to their albums, read the booklets and watch their videos/documentaries/interviews over and over again, every day. every.single.day. I must have done this for nearly two years straight, heh... they were even my first internet search.

Adam was not only a talented musician but also an incredible human being; I learned so much about the situation in Tibet thanks to him and I really, really admire and love him for what he did to help the cause. He will always be an inspiration and a role model for me.

(I've been a fan for)nearly fourteen years. so many good times, so many memories. Thank you, Beastie Boys. Thank you Adam.<3
Old 05-06-2012, 01:33 PM
Basic As Fuck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by a.k.a me View Post
</3 I'm in denial. MCA was one of the very, very few people I looked up to along with Mike and Adam; they were(and still are) a HUGE influence in my life.

I still remember when I first got into the beasties and how exciting it was to listen and discover new things about them; I would listen to their albums, read the booklets and watch their videos/documentaries/interviews over and over again, every day. every.single.day. I must have done this for nearly two years straight, heh... they were even my first internet search.

Adam was not only a talented musician but also an incredible human being; I learned so much about the situation in Tibet thanks to him and I really, really admire and love him for what he did to help the cause. He will always be an inspiration and a role model for me.

(I've been a fan for)nearly fourteen years. so many good times, so many memories. Thank you, Beastie Boys. Thank you Adam.<3
same, same and same
the only reason for me to go online been the beasties then, i was so excited finding a picture i havent seen yet or finding an interview i havent read yet
and before i had internet i used to buy shit expensive music books only cause it had 1 beastie picture inside etc.
with my sister i watched all the recorded beastie stuff over and over again aswell (though my sister lost her interest in them years ago)
i was a real fanatic, now i still love them but in a more mature/relaxed way lol
been 14 years for me too

ill always have enough room in my heart for beastie love

-------------------------------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Gus
The friendship ended when I wiped my arse on his pillow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pres Zount
I don't really love you! Lyman zerga is on my ignore list, but you don't deserve it, you swine!
-------------------------------------

Old 05-06-2012, 01:35 PM

How beautiful is this though ?

- Yauch’s Rock & Roll Hall of Fame induction letter from April read:

I’d like to dedicate this award to my brothers, Adam and Mike, who’ve walked the globe with me.

To anyone who’s been touched by our band, who our music has meant something to, this induction is as much ours as it is yours. To Kate Schellenbach. To John Berry. To John Berry’s loft on 100th St. in Brooklyn where John’s dad would come busting in during our first practices screaming, “Would you turn that f***ing s*** off already!”…

To my loving and supportive parents, Noel and Frances Yauch, and to our home in Brooklyn where we used to practice on hot Brooklyn days after school, windows wide open to disturb the neighborhood…

But most of all I’d like to thank and dedicate this honor to my smart, beautiful and loving wife Dechen and our sweet, talented, loving daughter Tenzin. Never has a man felt more blessed than I to be able to spend my time with my two soulmates. I love you guys more than you know.

I wish I could name everyone who deserves to be named, but of course there’s too many names to name. You know who you are, and I sent my love out to all of you.

Your friend, Adam Yauch.

" Elevated platform never gonna conform "

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/defa...&content=music

Last edited by spacemac9000 : 05-06-2012 at 01:42 PM.
Old 05-08-2012, 05:59 AM

Exclamation Re: Adam Yauch - 1964-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randetica View Post
same, same and same
the only reason for me to go online been the beasties then, i was so excited finding a picture i havent seen yet or finding an interview i havent read yet
and before i had internet i used to buy shit expensive music books only cause it had 1 beastie picture inside etc.
with my sister i watched all the recorded beastie stuff over and over again aswell (though my sister lost her interest in them years ago)
i was a real fanatic, now i still love them but in a more mature/relaxed way lol
been 14 years for me too

ill always have enough room in my heart for beastie love
Woah, you just described me. I'd save every picture, record everything/anything, even it if was a 5 second clip-I HAD to have it... parallel universe...

Last edited by a.k.a me : 05-08-2012 at 06:04 AM.
Old 05-06-2012, 03:24 PM

Thumbs up Re: Adam Yauch - 1964-2012

Thankyou Adam and the rest of the Beastie Boys for your music many a VW badge went missing and ended up hooked around our necks in 1987 here in the UK. I still have my Licenced To Ill album on vinyl from back in the day
Old 05-06-2012, 04:02 PM
Super Villain

Missed the beginning of the Knicks game. Anyone know if they did anything at theGarden for MCA?
Old 05-06-2012, 04:06 PM
I'm flowing prose to cons

I just got home. My family took me and my best friend to some local theater show and out to eat... It had been planned for weeks but I found myself drifting off about this whole thing and felt utterly sick the entire time. At one point my aunt said hey that guy you like died and she started to go on about it and I literally freaked out everybody and told them not to say anything about it to me. I was then crying and I think my aunt just didn't know how important Adam was to me. I mean she looked at it as another celebrity death and usually you say oh that's sad and move on.... But this whole thing with Adam has made my physically sick to my stomach. I hope I can pull through my work week because I have clients to deal with. I left work abruptly on Friday and now have to face my manager coming to me on Monday asking about it all. Ugh. It's all so much harder than I anticipated. For weeks I have felt this would happen but you still aren't prepared with how you'll be affected.

I'll never turn back 'cause that's the way I've got to live.....

https://twitter.com/beastieboysnews

Old 05-06-2012, 04:39 PM
Gumbercules?

Here's a link to all the posts Yauch made on the boards. Thought you guys might like to see.

Nice to be able to read through them and remember what a down-to-earth guy he truly was :')

TurdBerglar: no one says fanny pack

Bob: i call it a minge sack

Old 05-06-2012, 07:28 PM

I'm so heartbroken. At first I was just angry. Like F*** everything. But, that's not what MCA was about. So, I can't be that way either. I just can't believe it. 25 years of greatness that will be here forever. It's been such a huge part of my life. I can't imagine a world without MCA in it. I never thought it would get to this point. I was sure he'd pull through. Part of me hopes the Boys will carry on. But, I'd understand if they didn't. I just wish he was still here. For his family, if nothing else. My heart goes out to everyone who has ever loved Adam Yauch. He was one of the best.
Old 05-06-2012, 08:45 PM

No words! Just gutted. So Sad. RIPMCA You will never be forgotten!

much love to your Family, friends, and fans.
Old 05-07-2012, 06:55 PM

Everything has felt so sad & heavy since friday just knowing the world has lost such a beautiful man who whose music & many selfless works i know will always stay with me always &countless others.my deepest love & thanks to Adam Yauch for his priceless gift of himself& his many talents.My deepest Sympathy & prayers to Mike D.,Adam Horovitz ,his lovely wife & daughter,parents & all who loved him so very much.For all the peace he tirelessly worked to promote all over the world,purest peace is surely his.miss you Adam.
Old 05-07-2012, 07:51 PM
Beastie Boys Fan

...I Want To Offer My Love And Respect To The
End Yauch...

Beastie Boy Forever.
Old 05-07-2012, 08:31 PM

Unhappy Re: Adam Yauch - 1964-2012

Ah man...I just can't believe it. Yesterday I left a message, saying I never felt like crying for an Artist...but today I actually cried...I was alone in my car, no kids...and they started talking about Adam.

Man, seriously , I can't believe how much I feel this. Never thought I could feel this kind of bond. I tried to figure if there was another group/artists/athlete I relate to has much, but I can't... I just don't have the right words to express it. I have so much memories specific to every bboys album. I matured pretty much at the same rate they evolved. The soundtrack of my life would almost exclusively be compose of bboys tracks.Their music will always play in my hear till the day I die.

R.I.P Adam! You will not be forgotten. Best of luck for all family and friends, know that this person touched many, many people from all over the world(I'm From Québec).

Quote:
All I wanna know is when is checkout time
So I could be in heaven with the rhythm rock rhyme
Old 05-07-2012, 09:10 PM

Here's my favorite memory of MCA. It was at a show in Barrie ONT during the Hello Nasty tour. The show was outside, everyone was standing, and Mike D was trying to get some sort of dance contest going on in the crowd.
The crowd wasn't really going for it, and during the lull Adam said something like, "Awwwwwww Mike...do you think you're Don Cornelius? This ain't Soul Train." I don't know if most people got it (did they even show Soul Train in Canada?) but I was laughing my ass off.

Goddamn I'll miss that man.