Go Back   Beastie Boys Message Board > Beastie Boys > General Beastie Boys Discussion

Old 04-24-2020, 02:28 PM

Default Re: Reddit AMA After Party

So when Adrock starts talking about HSCPT1 being lost, saying if they find it they will put it out.He looks like he telling the truth, it looks like even someone like spike does'nt know if its the truth or not.
saying how can guys in their 30s loose an album.
But then the boxcar thing again.
Why would he say if they find it, they will put it out? That does'nt sound like a joke

"I don't wanna go to a health farm,I just wanna have a good time"

Old 04-24-2020, 02:40 PM
Legoland

The video is on youtube now: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQh-F7sCoTo
Old 04-24-2020, 04:09 PM
Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by pesto pizza View Post
So when Adrock starts talking about HSCPT1 being lost, saying if they find it they will put it out.He looks like he telling the truth, it looks like even someone like spike does'nt know if its the truth or not.
Why would he say if they find it, they will put it out? That does'nt sound like a joke
That’s exactly how I read that.

Long Burn the Fire

Adam Yauch

1964 - 2012

Old 04-25-2020, 12:39 PM

I’m still in shock that Mike D said my DJ name - was hilarious. I feel like that’s as good as it will ever get for me
Old 04-25-2020, 01:42 PM
MCL with a story to tell

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanillgorilla View Post
I’m still in shock that Mike D said my DJ name - was hilarious. I feel like that’s as good as it will ever get for me
DJ VZ? You gotta sample that!
Old 04-25-2020, 01:43 PM
MCL with a story to tell

Quote:
Originally Posted by pshabi View Post
I never knew the story of how it was discovered. Absolutely legendary! Congrats to you on that and thank you for the detective work!
Haha thank you, that was a wild time for me!
Old 04-25-2020, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eoin MCL View Post
DJ VZ? You gotta sample that!
Definitely... also need adrock saying “DJ who?”
Old 04-28-2020, 06:12 PM

Arrow Re: Reddit AMA After Party

Quote:
Originally Posted by pesto pizza View Post
I don't know. It totally sounds like the album they made on the Submarine to me.
Old 04-29-2020, 03:39 AM

The songs that would have made up a separate album from the HSC sessions... I mean I would be staggered if they were actually lost. A lost album in the traditional sense perhaps, but otherwise just standard B-Boys humour.

More to the point, and it's been said before, but that material is of far more interest to me than endless jams that were left on the cutting room floor for a reason.

Quote:
DIAMOND: He wishes he could be here right now. So do we.

Old 04-29-2020, 04:25 AM
Online Since 1999

Plus, if they had a potential-massive-hit in HSCP1, I assume they would have re-recorded it. I mean, they always have been lazy people, but I doubt they could lose a "Sabotage" or "Intergalactic" and do nothing about it.

beastiemixes.com

Old 04-29-2020, 07:33 AM

Arrow Re: Reddit AMA After Party

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave790 View Post
The songs that would have made up a separate album from the HSC sessions... I mean I would be staggered if they were actually lost. A lost album in the traditional sense perhaps, but otherwise just standard B-Boys humour.
Me too. It's possible but would be extremely reckless for them to put everything on one harddrive, with no backup, and lose everything. I would be really, really odd for any professional musician to do that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave790 View Post
More to the point, and it's been said before, but that material is of far more interest to me than endless jams that were left on the cutting room floor for a reason.
The raw material probably wouldn't be all that great, but if they got in there (especially with Mario) and started chopping stuff up, layering it, etc., it could be a goldmine. That's pretty much how Check Your Head and Ill Communication were made. The only thing now is that they couldn't record new lyrics. They probably have some options though. I guess it depends on how much effort they put into the tracks.
Old 04-29-2020, 10:40 AM
Up in your Crawlspace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir SkratchaLot View Post
Me too. It's possible but would be extremely reckless for them to put everything on one harddrive, with no backup, and lose everything. I would be really, really odd for any professional musician to do that.
I agree. I have a VERY hard time believing they had the entire album only on one hard drive that they were travelling with. I don't believe that they wouldn't have copies back at the studio. That is why I think this is just typical Beastie Boys misdirection.

Part 2 was Part 1, but they missed the deadline, which I always just assumed was because they were waiting for Yauch to heal. We haven't seen any other track names or info for what would have been part 2, except Bundt Cake, which was left off when part 1 became part 2.

Keep it on

Old 04-29-2020, 12:09 PM
Music est. 1986

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir SkratchaLot View Post
And even if they did loose it, I am sure they would be able to recreate and re-record some of the material. Perfect example is Paul McCartney and what he did with the Band on The Run Album

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bradleystp View Post
Part 2 was Part 1, but they missed the deadline, which I always just assumed was because they were waiting for Yauch to heal. We haven't seen any other track names or info for what would have been part 2, except Bundt Cake, which was left off when part 1 became part 2.
This is always what I have believed. Just like Ad-Rock in the book said about the samples. People were not getting the joke.

As for Bundt Cake, it could have been taken out or maybe was amalgamated with another song.
For instance the bit at the end of Say It could have possibly been Bundt Cake
just like the bit at the end of B-Boys in the Cut became it's own separate track the Larry Routine