Old 11-03-2020, 12:51 PM

Default DR DRE Interview

https://youtu.be/goCYvsr2LVE
Interesting

"I don't wanna go to a health farm,I just wanna have a good time"

Old 11-03-2020, 03:30 PM
space cake cookie

Default Re: DR DRE Interview

agreed. his appearance on rock the bells last week or whenever it aired was hard to listen too, he was awfully excited and chatty, but this was much more subdued informative and nice to hear.

must be talking about rick rubin with his history revisionist talk...buy the book.

original concept's kooley high record is a straight up classic IMO. i was just spinning it a few weeks ago, the first track legend is one of my favorite songs on this classic def jam era. mike d's da da da dada dada da on she's got a moustache is nice too.

thank you adam adam & mike

Old 11-03-2020, 04:13 PM

Seems like he's feeling slighted for not being mentioned enough in BBB. It would have been nice if they went more into their DJ history, even as an aside. But maybe there's some awkward stuff they didn't want to document, I don't know. When Hurricane was on B-Real's podcast he seemed to think it was the boys trying to distance themselves from their hard partying days or something.

If this is gonna be that kind of party, I'ma stick my dick in the mashed potatoes!

Old 11-03-2020, 07:44 PM

i love all the Beastie’s tour DJs but they are just that, tour DJs. i don’t see them as part of the band, it’s always been about the three b-boys for me.
Old 11-04-2020, 10:48 AM
crazy sniffable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micodin View Post
i love all the Beastie’s tour DJs but they are just that, tour DJs. i don’t see them as part of the band, it’s always been about the three b-boys for me.
Though MMM certainly ingratiated himself more than any other, as he was considerably involved in the live aesthetic and contributed to albums recordings as well.

it's just 2 wheels and me, the wind in eyes...

Old 11-04-2020, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother McDuff View Post
Though MMM certainly ingratiated himself more than any other, as he was considerably involved in the live aesthetic and contributed to albums recordings as well.
agreed, and if he was involved earlier with the band i would give him that fourth Beastie status. Mario C to me is that unnamed fourth member. he shaped their sound since PB and was key behind the boards for their albums and live shows.