Old 05-30-2007, 05:01 PM
CANADA'S BIGGEST BBOY FAN

Default Crocodile Cafe: best show of the 3!

ya, Croc>Wookie>mainstage... The Crocodile show was really fuckin special, it felt like it was just for us, as we were the only ones into it. A FANTASTIC setlist which included the live debuts of: Shambala, Honky Rink, Transitions, B For My Name, Electric Worm, Off The Grid. It was also the 1st time in 15 years that Mark On The Bus has been played, and that was a fuckin highlight. It was also the 1st time in 8 years exactly that hardcore has been performed. 9 years since The Maestro was played... The intimacy, getting the setlists from Money Mark, the cheaper merch, the freshiness of material. I loved it. Oh, and remember, Time For Livin' was the tightest performance ever that night, twas the highlight along with Mark on the Bus for me. Im glad I caught all 3 shows, but the special private gig on Friday was where it was at. Adrock was on fire aswell. Getting to meet him and get my jacket signed before the show was fuckin awesome, and getting together with Mark again, it just felt natural. We saw each other and it was like "hey!", and we pounded fists. He was carrying this hornblower thing, and I asked him if he was going to use it during the show and he said "only if you're in there", twas really cool just chillin and chattin it up with him. I wish I could relive that day over and over again. But ill just have to look forward to the upcoming shows in Germany and Paris...

http://mic-to-mic.blogspot.com/

Old 05-30-2007, 05:28 PM
NYC Brouhaha Division

Default Re: Crocodile Cafe: best show of the 3!

very nice recap!

even though I couldnt be there on Friday, I must admit that hearing songs like The Maestro, Heart Attack Man, Tough Guy, LIve at PJs, Mark on the Bus and Do It, even Remote Control... that was special, man...

Long Burn The Fire. Rest In Peace Adam.

Old 05-30-2007, 06:13 PM
shaZam!

That's great!

Latin lingo baby funky bilingual funky bilingual
Yeah, funky bilingual
Latin lingo baby funky bilingual funky bilingual
It's the latin lingo!

Old 05-31-2007, 10:04 AM
What's this all abt?

LUCKY!!!! I wish I lived the life of leisure traveling from show to show!
I was at the Croc show on Friday night and I'm still on cloud nine. I can't believe how freakin lucky I was to come upon a ticket. The boys seriously can put on an awesome show! They look even better with the grey hair and wedding bands! The attire… suits, ties and fedoras, they were smashing!!! Charming, charming, charming! I will never forget it!!!
Old 05-31-2007, 10:13 AM
Rest in Peace Yauch

Nice post, paul!

So you only need Mike's, Fredo's, and MMM's sigs on that jacket, then you'll have to retire it.

Thank You Adam Yauch

Old 05-31-2007, 10:22 AM
What's this all abt?

Got'a say abt the jacket, the boy looks good in it too...Paul (that is)...the jacket...My kid saw the pics of you with Adrock. He was so jealous (he's 9). I just wished I was in the pic too! I missed you guys by mins after your visit with him & $mark. You look so handsome in the jacket! Lucky boy!
Old 05-31-2007, 12:45 PM
Gere

Sounds sick, I hope they play at least 2 small shows in nyc with this kind of setlist.

JtCann

Old 05-31-2007, 12:47 PM

Yeah, I hope they do this all over. An unadvertised mailing-list presaled small venue gig, then an arena gig. I don't think the Croc was presaled, but I'm saying these gigs should be.

If this is gonna be that kind of party, I'ma stick my dick in the mashed potatoes!

Old 02-22-2022, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulb View Post
ya, Croc>Wookie>mainstage... The Crocodile show was really fuckin special, it felt like it was just for us, as we were the only ones into it. A FANTASTIC setlist which included the live debuts of: Shambala, Honky Rink, Transitions, B For My Name, Electric Worm, Off The Grid. It was also the 1st time in 15 years that Mark On The Bus has been played, and that was a fuckin highlight. It was also the 1st time in 8 years exactly that hardcore has been performed. 9 years since The Maestro was played... The intimacy, getting the setlists from Money Mark, the cheaper merch, the freshiness of material. I loved it. Oh, and remember, Time For Livin' was the tightest performance ever that night, twas the highlight along with Mark on the Bus for me. Im glad I caught all 3 shows, but the special private gig on Friday was where it was at. Adrock was on fire aswell. Getting to meet him and get my jacket signed before the show was fuckin awesome, and getting together with Mark again, it just felt natural. We saw each other and it was like "hey!", and we pounded fists. He was carrying this hornblower thing, and I asked him if he was going to use it during the show and he said "only if you're in there", twas really cool just chillin and chattin it up with him. I wish I could relive that day over and over again. But ill just have to look forward to the upcoming shows in Germany and Paris...
Question for PaulB and anyone else who attended... Has audio or video of this one ever surfaced, or does anyone have it. It seems I remember hearing it, but I could easily be mistaken.
Old 02-24-2022, 02:44 AM
CANADA'S BIGGEST BBOY FAN

I just had very few photos, rocking a digital camera back in the day, probably only took 15 second clips if youre lucky. But me personally, I dont have video from that show, I wish i did! Ill always be on the lookout for anything new and old.

http://mic-to-mic.blogspot.com/