Old 02-09-2022, 11:52 AM
space cake cookie

Default what had happened was pod

dante ross is on this season of what had happened was, first episode lots of talk about beasties. open mike eagle is a great interviewer.

thank you adam adam & mike

Old 02-10-2022, 03:03 PM
R.I.P. Brooklyn

Default Re: what had happened was pod

Always thought Dante was a really weird looking dude.

But anyway he’s always doing these interviews and as much as these have been great by open mic eagle I might pass just from having already listened to questlove supreme, Juan Epstein, combat jack, Ali shaheed Muhammad interviews with him which were all pretty cool
Old 02-10-2022, 05:07 PM
space cake cookie

thank you for the list, i missed those and i'm listening to the combat jack right now. so far most of the same talk....at least he's consistent like bob lazar.

he doesn't think he's funny looking, in fact in both interviews and early on he fancies himself a good looking dude.

Old 02-10-2022, 06:02 PM

the 12 part series on El-P is must listening if you’re a Co Flow, Def Jux or Run the Jewels fan. Mike Eagle is a solid dude and obv knows his history. i started the first Dante Ross episode but shut it down halfway through. The energy was seriously lacking. i think they said they had tech issues and had to re-record the episode. bummer.

all those podcasts that were listed are dope. i listen to all of them. i also recommended The Crate 808 Podcast and Fresh Era.
Old 02-16-2022, 08:57 AM

Listening to the second Dante one now and he is telling great stories about Tommy Boy, working with early De La, going to LA for first time with De La in 88 and meeting lots of people known and not yet known in the scene at the time, very interesting, lots of good stories from Dante, he had basically a front row seat to many amazing innovations and developments. He really should write a book, it would be incredible, he has such a good memory of his experiences.
Old 02-16-2022, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3stooges View Post
Listening to the second Dante one now and he is telling great stories about Tommy Boy, working with early De La, going to LA for first time with De La in 88 and meeting lots of people known and not yet known in the scene at the time, very interesting, lots of good stories from Dante, he had basically a front row seat to many amazing innovations and developments. He really should write a book, it would be incredible, he has such a good memory of his experiences.
Dante did write a book. Son of the City: A Memoir. it comes out April 12th.
Old 02-16-2022, 02:46 PM
space cake cookie

wow....hen g, tairrie b, muggs/7A3, rhyme syndicate, delicious vinyl, b-real before he was b-real, ice t's fish tanks, mellow man ace, world on wheels, beasties running into de la and snapping on them, gunshots, colors, ny guys dressed like kid n play around the la bangers. my childhood.

great show again.

Old 02-16-2022, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micodin View Post
Dante did write a book. Son of the City: A Memoir. it comes out April 12th.
Oh ok. So he'll be doing a lot of promotion during the next couple months. If the book is anything like these interviews it should be fantastic.
Old 02-18-2022, 06:30 PM
R.I.P. Brooklyn

Does anyone what the fallout was between Dante and action Bronson? shockingly I can’t find anything except dead links

on the trailer I heard Dante talking about de la calling him a scrub. I’ve heard him mention 2 different things but both were him calling them scrubs first. Prince Paul said they called him scrub because at first he was just some random dude hanging around that they didn’t want. I would like a entire podcast on the real story of why Dante was a scrub
Old 02-18-2022, 07:07 PM

from what i can remember, Dante was managing Action earlier in his career. Something went down between them and Action fired him over twitter and called him a piece of shit and a few other choice words. years later when Fuck Thats Delicious and Mr Wonderful came out and Bronson was popping, i saw Dante congratulate Action on his success and said some nice words on instagram.
it seems like the drama was squashed.

Prince Paul and De La calling Dante a scrub was on some clowning your friends funny shit. what happened with Bronson was business.
Old 02-18-2022, 07:49 PM
R.I.P. Brooklyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micodin View Post
Prince Paul and De La calling Dante a scrub was on some clowning your friends funny shit. what happened with Bronson was business.
I know de la were joking. They all remain cool I’m just curious about it’s origins but not that curious.

I just found some old blog comments with Dante and the dj from hard to obtain going at it. shit is funny
Old 02-18-2022, 08:01 PM
R.I.P. Brooklyn

That’s it I’m back on my Dante Ross shit. I’m gonna have to give this podcast a listen
Old 02-18-2022, 08:36 PM

Dante is always on his bullshit. classic New Yorker. made some nice beats too.