Old 02-16-2017, 06:06 PM
Oh, the cleverness of me

Default Re: Crushes

I miss this place, and the wonderful people.

Crushes? I use to crush on the girls, the ladies, with the sweet asses or what have you, but now I get cruses on a comfy beds, snugly warm up pants, and people not talking to me during my tv shows.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kll View Post
No one really leaves - it's like the Hotel California.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorothy Wood View Post
I eat tacos like it's my job.

Old 03-29-2017, 11:04 AM
just here for the .gifs

lol this crush is destroying my mental health. I'm getting through it though. It's hard to understand what is going on.
How's yours, Adam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freebasser View Post
So wait, this guy is driving around in his jeep with his cat and his television in the back and he's got his favourite music blaring away and... I think I've missed the point.

Old 03-29-2017, 11:39 AM
just here for the .gifs

I mean like does free will exist? What is love? Is there a god? Is there fate? Are there psychic forces at work or is everything a choice?

Quote:
So wait, this guy is driving around in his jeep with his cat and his television in the back and he's got his favourite music blaring away and... I think I've missed the point.

Old 03-30-2017, 03:15 AM
not punk enough

I'm not over my crush - I did declare I was but I wasn't. Now that we are working together I've learned we have even more in common. But she is leaving work in a couple of months she told me (not handed in notice yet but will). So it will be sad to see her go.

Our job includes overnight stays in other cities and the last one it was just me and her, I decided to go out for a walk and I nearly text to say do you fancy it but then I felt weird about doing that so I went alone.

Last night I had a dream that she was staying at our house and she was walking around mostly naked. I feel bad for my partner that I have this crush.
  • I think free will does exist - I won't act on this crush unless in the very unlikely event I become single
  • Nope, no god
  • Fate is just what humans make up coincidence when actually the world is just random
  • We have choice but so many things stop is being impulsive (morals, anxiety) it seems restrictive to the point we don't anymore
Old 03-30-2017, 02:32 PM
just here for the .gifs

I feel bad for my partner too...this situation has lead to some very serious discussions though, and we've addressed some issues that maybe needed to be talked about. I admitted to feeling like I'm wandering away mentally. And I considered ending things, but the idea made me so depressed I was on the verge of crying all the time. And I truly love my dude. So we are working on things.

There is something mystical about this other kid though, we are very connected, still are getting along so well it's weird. I think we are managing to be friends, with respect to our significant others...or at least trying to be respectful. Definitely shady* though, no way around that unfortunately. I think the initial puppy love chemicals are wearing off at least.

*shady in that we are attempting friendship, when I guess if I were to take the moral high ground, I would just stay away?

Also, we have not discussed anything at all relating to any kind of feelings. I said "I feel like I've known you forever" at a work party when we had some drinks and were chatting for a long long time, and he said "yeah". That's it. It's more just a thing hanging in the air.

Quote:

Last edited by Dorothy Wood : 03-30-2017 at 05:19 PM. Reason: bleh
Old 03-31-2017, 02:18 PM
not punk enough

Your crush sounds more intense than mine. There is a connection but nothing mystical. I just know we get on and she it totally the type of person I dig. It's fantasy for me.

My partner & I are solid though. We have moments but never anything serious that would bring an end.
Old 03-31-2017, 02:48 PM
just here for the .gifs

Haha, yeah, it's the worst thing that's ever happened!

I'm solid with my dude but there are some differences that won't change. Basically I am a scrappy practical DIY person with a working class upbringing, he is the child of academics. This other guy has a similar background to me, and he drives trucks and stuff. I dunno. Time will tell. I'm trying not to be a jerk. Relationships involve a lot more than sharing skills and hobbies, obviously.

Quote: