Old 08-20-2019, 12:26 PM
MCL with a story to tell

Default Re: New Colored Vinyl Reissues

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfatlove06 View Post
I forgot to mention that the 20% off everything in the store and free shipping promo that was on the site required a promo code which was "BEASTIE4TH". Since I'd already bought the US reissues, I chose the EU store. I added 2 copies of all four reissues to my cart, proceeded to checkout, entered the code, and it wasn't valid.

All of that leads me to believe that King's Road has a plan to drop the price on a promotion on the 4th, it somehow hit the site early when it shouldn't have been visible, corrected the mistake, and called it a day. They can run their store any way they want. Nonetheless, how do any of us feel about being counted on to snatch it up on day one only to find out it'll cost less later? Not that it will cost less because sales to the hard core collectors lag, but that there is a plan to discount shit once you've milked the core fan base.
Not defending King’s Road in any way but I know they were running a 4th of July promotion last month with that code so maybe it was accidentally still active and now the code has been removed? Tried using it on the EU site in July and it didn’t work then either.
Old 08-20-2019, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eoin MCL View Post
Not defending King’s Road in any way but I know they were running a 4th of July promotion last month with that code so maybe it was accidentally still active and now the code has been removed? Tried using it on the EU site in July and it didn’t work then either.
That is a perfectly good explanation, which makes a lot of sense. It would be really cool if somebody on the staff could answer the questions I sent in though. Thanks Eoin for keeping my conspiracy theory in check.
Old 08-23-2019, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfatlove06 View Post
That is a perfectly good explanation, which makes a lot of sense. It would be really cool if somebody on the staff could answer the questions I sent in though. Thanks Eoin for keeping my conspiracy theory in check.
I'm gonna assume that no one from KRM has written back?

Also, this thought just popped into my head. Paul's Boutique is being released on 180g double vinyl. The 1998 reissue was on double vinyl, but was not 180g, while the 2009 reissue/remaster was on single vinyl and was 180g. I'm just wondering if they are pressing the same remaster as 2009 but splitting it up or if they are using the old plates from 1998.
Old 08-23-2019, 09:24 AM

Arrow Re: New Colored Vinyl Reissues

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuc70021 View Post
Also, this thought just popped into my head. Paul's Boutique is being released on 180g double vinyl. The 1998 reissue was on double vinyl, but was not 180g, while the 2009 reissue/remaster was on single vinyl and was 180g. I'm just wondering if they are pressing the same remaster as 2009 but splitting it up or if they are using the old plates from 1998.
This one of the things I'm curious about. I can't see myself buying a lot of this stuff over new vinyl colors but if the audio content is new I might pop on the Paul's Boutique record. Splitting music up over more physical space on the vinyl can lead to pretty drastic increases in sound quality.
Old 08-23-2019, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir SkratchaLot View Post
This one of the things I'm curious about. I can't see myself buying a lot of this stuff over new vinyl colors but if the audio content is new I might pop on the Paul's Boutique record. Splitting music up over more physical space on the vinyl can lead to pretty drastic increases in sound quality.
I hear ya. In fact, I used to have the 1998 reissues of Paul's Boutique and Check Your Head, but I traded them because I felt they didn't add anything to my collection once the 2009 remasters came out. I wasn't going to throw down for the color editions, but I figured meh...... why not. I am hoping that PB is the remastered version, because that would be DOPE.

Yet another diversion from the topic, I realized that Some Old Bullshit is 25 years old this year, but I guess it isn't in enough demand for a reissue. Next next year Aglio e Olio will be 25 years old. I wonder if we'll get the first ever reissue of that bad boy......
Old 08-25-2019, 08:02 AM

I just noticed something weird with the Root Down reissues.

If you go to Amazon, you can pre-order Root Down on black vinyl, which isn't available on the Kings Road website.

I wonder if this is 1.) a mistake, 2.) an Amazon-only thing and they don't get to partake in the random colors, or 3.) black is going to be one of the "random colors" (just like it was with the Love American Style reissue back in '98), but Amazon is only selling the black version.

Anyone have any idea?
Old 08-25-2019, 02:53 PM

I ordered one copy of the US Paul's Boutique on black vinyl, and one copy of the Root Down EP on black vinyl. The reason for that is that they are listed as pre orders. It doesn't seem that they intend to re release Ill Communication or To The 5 Boroughs on black vinyl in 2019. I'm wrong all of the time, so don't bank on that being what actually happens. The black vinyl re pressing's appear to be limited to those two releases.