Old 04-23-2023, 07:38 AM
technically insane

Default Cursillo

Cursillo event. So I went to this event as result of a bible study I had been attending. When my first girl was born I did in fact try to get involved in activities that would take me away from beer drinking. I decided to study the Bible and find out what I think. I even took college bible courses all for my personal joy. I would usually show up drunk and high but eventually the elders saw my commitment and I had a good 15 run run learning from several different people. Here is one of those stories.

I had started a Bible study around 2007 at my country club and several men would come together at 8 am Wednesday morning to talk about a book in the bible, this went on for 10 years. During that time a man who a call Pastor Doug would invite me to this 3 day event. He had invited me for at least 4 years, so one year I said yes.

I showed up in NE ABQ to a church to check in on Thursday and we checked in our phones and watches. I got put at a table and sat next to this guy I will call Mr. H. Mr. H .was sick, sounded like shit and would not stop coughing, he explained he was fine because he was taking medication. There I was sitting next to him and all I could think is how big of a dick this guy was. He kept on showing me his custom wooden pen, which I really liked but was done having him cough on me.

So, Thursday night we get pulled into a room and we were told that ABQ had been put into emergency lock down, schools have been closed due to some new sickness called covid. All decided since we already had all been together, we would finish the weekend then go home to lockdown.

Now on Sunday, I had had enough of Mr. H because of his coughing. I could not understand why he had come. Anyway we are covering a part of the Bible that was pretty nice and the end is approaching and Mr. H. starts ranting about homosexuality being a sin. The table was in shock and went quiet. I decided its time to drop my opinion so I said, “I think you should revisit what Jesus said about Homosexuality. I think you should be concerned about relationships.” Mr H. said a few things like that’s not what christens say and he got up and ran off. I followed him and explained I may not be a Christian as I love what Jesus said but the bible as whole has some questions in my mind still.

Anyway turns out Mr H. was the key note speaker at the end. He has been struggling with his own sons homosexuality. I thought it was cool to see pictures of Mr. H and his son at Christmas together later that year. His son I will call NP.

earl@fuckyoumyman.com

Last edited by abbott : 04-23-2023 at 07:41 AM.