Go Back   Beastie Boys Message Board > Beastie Boys > General Beastie Boys Discussion

Old 10-03-2011, 05:03 PM
Unregistered User

Talking Calling all collectors (trading, buying & selling)

Ok so there are pleny of collectors who frequent the boards, some posting more than others. Some know all the other collectors, some know a few others and maybe some know no others at all.

You can find various threads where people are looking for a specific record, or trying to sell or trade but a lot of other forums have dedicated sections. How about keeping at least a thread where we can post our wants list, list our trades or auction listings? Perhaps it could be made a sticky? Perhaps it's been tried before and failed?

Anyway, I'm Adrian from the UK. I have a want list too big to put up here but I do have a few things that I would be interested in trading. I'm not really interested in selling any of my collection, I'd prefer to trade for something I want.

Finally, does no-one wanna trade something for my Country Mike red vinyl? Country Mike trade wanted
Old 10-03-2011, 05:20 PM
www.beastiemania.com

Default Re: Calling all collectors (trading, buying & selling)

This sounds like a great idea.
There are a lot of collectors out there and its easy to miss when someone posts something for sale or a wants list.

+1
Old 10-03-2011, 06:06 PM
crazyobessionw/bboys

Quote:
Originally Posted by sab0tage View Post
Ok so there are pleny of collectors who frequent the boards, some posting more than others. Some know all the other collectors, some know a few others and maybe some know no others at all.

You can find various threads where people are looking for a specific record, or trying to sell or trade but a lot of other forums have dedicated sections. How about keeping at least a thread where we can post our wants list, list our trades or auction listings? Perhaps it could be made a sticky? Perhaps it's been tried before and failed?

Anyway, I'm Adrian from the UK. I have a want list too big to put up here but I do have a few things that I would be interested in trading. I'm not really interested in selling any of my collection, I'd prefer to trade for something I want.

Finally, does no-one wanna trade something for my Country Mike red vinyl? Country Mike trade wanted
Well, hi Adrian! i commented on your collection on the other thread, and i love you collection...the problem is, i'd rather buy than trade
maybe consider $$$?!?!?

I Love Adam Yauch.
I truly lost apart of myself.
Rap in peace my beautiful friend.

Old 10-03-2011, 06:25 PM
Unregistered User

Thanks for your comments on my photos, i'll maybe get some more up soon. Unfortunately being a collector I'm not really too interested in selling what I only have one of. I'm looking to trade the things I have multiple copies of for things I don't have, although I will sell these items for the right price. I'll put up a list of my trades if you want to see if there's anything you don't have?
Old 10-03-2011, 06:30 PM
You hear that fkn brass?

I'm lookin to get some vinyls. So i'm open to buy if anyones selling (:

I don't have anything good to trade, I just have stuff that I liked and wanted to get to keep, nothing to special.
I'd like to get some vinyls though! Anyone interested in sellin em, lemme know i'll give you my email address.

www.theillestfans.webs.com
Welcome to the site of illest proportions.

When you've got so much to say
It's called GRATITUDE
& That's RIGHT.

(R.I.P Adam Yauch.)

Every thought in the mind
is a planted seed.

Old 10-03-2011, 06:55 PM
crazyobessionw/bboys

Quote:
although I will sell these items for the right price.
well keep me informed/updated please!!

I Love Adam Yauch.

Old 10-03-2011, 07:43 PM
Beasties#2fan

Quote:
I have a want list too big to put up here but I do have a few things that I would be interested in trading.

Create a Google Spreadsheet file of your wants, like AstroBBoy did for the stuff he's selling.

Maybe some of the stuff you're looking for, he has...

An idea would be for all of us, with even the slightest interest entertaining offers on our stuff could do the same thing. Giant list of our collections, and If people want to make offers/trades/etc.., then they can.

www.Beastiemixes.com
Beastie Boys Remix Hosting/Downloads, Rare Tracks. blah, Blah, etc...
---------------------------
www.Beastieboyslive.com
Live Show Downloads

Old 10-03-2011, 07:47 PM
You hear that fkn brass?

Quote:
Originally Posted by silence7 View Post
Create a Google Spreadsheet file of your wants, like AstroBBoy did for the stuff he's selling.

An idea would be for all of us, with even the slightest interest entertaining offers on our stuff could do the same thing. Giant list of our collections, and If people want to make offers/trades/etc.., then they can.
Everyone should definitely look at astro's list of stuff if you're lookin for buys, he's got A LOT of good shit and multiples of them also.

www.theillestfans.webs.com
Welcome to the site of illest proportions.

When you've got so much to say
It's called GRATITUDE
& That's RIGHT.

(R.I.P Adam Yauch.)

Every thought in the mind
is a planted seed.

Old 10-03-2011, 08:09 PM
crazyobessionw/bboys

Quote:
like AstroBBoy did for the stuff he's selling.
wheres like...pictures of his collection that he's selling

I Love Adam Yauch.

Old 10-03-2011, 08:13 PM
www.beastiemania.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by beasties#1fan View Post
wheres like...pictures of his collection that he's selling
Click on the underlined part in the above messages stating "AstroBBoy did" and it will bring up the googledoc for you.
No pics in the spreadsheet BUT every item is linked to the discography in Beastiemania so you can see the pics there.
Old 10-03-2011, 08:18 PM
crazyobessionw/bboys

Quote:
Originally Posted by AstroBBoy View Post
Click on the underlined part in the above messages stating "AstroBBoy did" and it will bring up the googledoc for you.
No pics in the spreadsheet BUT every item is linked to the discography in Beastiemania so you can see the pics there.
ohhhhh okay thanks!

I Love Adam Yauch.

Old 10-04-2011, 12:51 AM

Hey Adrian,

Sorry sir, but I just made the connection between your board name and you. It all makes much more sense now. You actually have a few items for which I am looking. After picking up everything I didn't already have from the two recent "liquidations" my list has grown considerably shorter, but I estimate there are still around 70 or so that I would like to add.

I love the idea of a thread for people to post their want / trade lists.

I am going to get mine together to post here, but (like you) I have a huge want list and a marginal trade list. I think a thread like this would really help people with small or moderate collections the most because it would be a good place to enlist the help of other enthusiasts. I wasn't smart enough to buy doubles throughout my collecting days, and honestly don't even look at items that I already own with the thought process that I could grab another and trade it down the road. I have however had fantastic success with helping other people track down releases, and many people over time have helped me by doing the same. It would be great if there was enough interest to make this happen! Big ups for conceiving the idea.

BFL
Old 10-04-2011, 01:00 PM
Unregistered User

Quote:

I've been meaning to put my collection onto a Google spreadsheet but in the meantime here's a list of my items available for trade