Old 12-09-2022, 07:22 PM
Music est. 1986

Default Map of all Beastie Boys Shows

Map of all the Beastie Boys shows (not including cancelled or book shows).

You can use the filters to sort through the data and change the visuals on the map.
For example, using the filters* I can see the exact number of shows that they played in Toronto, or using a combination of the filters I can see how many shows they did in Toronto in 1992.*Or how many stops they did in New York State for the Together Forever Tour.

You can use the satellite and street view to get a look at what the venue looked like. Google will even have some images of inside the venue (check out Glasgow 99).

Note, not all the markers are in the exact location. The software tries its best to figure out the location but if it can't it will drop the pin where it thinks it might be based on the information it has. For example, Summer Stage Central park is not an exact address it can look up, so the pin is dropped outside of central park.

Right now, each marker only has the basic information for the shows. Eventually, I would like to embed youtube*videos, setlists and images to the markers. This can be done quickly if the show data is in a proper csv. format.

All the show data I took from www.beastiemania.com gigography.

Last edited by brooklyndust : 12-09-2022 at 07:25 PM.
Old 01-15-2023, 09:19 AM
to the top

Default Re: Map of all Beastie Boys Shows

Thanks for posting. It's fun taking a "trip" to everywhere they've roamed.
Bummed for the fans in the spots left uncharted such as Maine, Vermont, Mississippi, Arkansas, etc. in the states and of course worldwide.
But not a bad spread (as opposed to someone such as the Grateful Dead who does not have that many dots).