Go Back   Beastie Boys Message Board > Beastie Boys > General Beastie Boys Discussion

Old 04-28-2011, 09:46 PM
Da Pranksta

Default Re: Does this album have any samples?

MAKE SOME NOISE Containsmaterial from "I'm Suped (got it like that)" performed by Pump used under the license from Ohio Records

Ok Contains material from "Wear Art Though" performed by Plastic Revolution used courtesy of Plastic Revolution/Parlophone Records

TOO MANY RAPPERS Contains material from "Stone Love Lady" performed by Rail used under special license from Octavious Records and "Journeys, Oscillations and Other Dreams" performed by Irv Greenwood used courtesy of Blue Note Records

THE BILL HARPER COLLECTION Contains material from "The Coming of the Triumverate" from the motion picture soundtrack of "Brutus" used under license from Dynamic Specialty Products

LONG BURN THE FIRE Contains Material from "Shallow Water" performed by The Supernatural Folk (featuring Dianne Wentworth) used Courtesy of BayouTones/Capital Records

FUNKY DONKEY Contains material from "Twin City Hustler" performed by The Diamels used under license from Freaky Thangz Records and "(It's Called)Love Boat" performed by Pretty Ron and The Love Boat Crew used under license from Rock Creek Records

TADLOCK"S GLASSES Contains material from "Sun Creations" performed by Rasheed Smith used under license from Rising Vision Records

LEE MAJORS COME AGAIN Contains material from "All Aboard the Rocket Ship" performed by Chip Welson used under license from For Kids Only/Dynomatic Records

HERE"S A LITTLE SOMETHING FOR YA Contains material from "Kein Fleisch' performed by Franz Konkie Used Courtesy of Synthestisches Material/'EMI INTL.

CRAZY ASS SHIT Contains material from "Isosceles Dillema" performed by Root Cellar used under special license from Buabhaill Records

The LISA LISA/FULL FORCE ROUTINE Contains material from "Mighty Corporal Winston" performed by The Argonauts used under license from Tempo Recordings

"The chocolate easter bunny is like crack cocaine to a child."

-Mike D

Old 04-29-2011, 05:29 PM
Music est. 1986

But can you find any of these online? Like it was mentioned earlier, we did searches on all those artists and nothing came up.

On another note, I'm pretty sure they sample this Bar-Kays song again (or at least interpolate it) for Funky Donkey: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJlAop6SyLI#t=3m05s

Last edited by brooklyndust : 04-29-2011 at 05:33 PM.
Old 04-29-2011, 07:13 PM

that holy ghost clip is good stuff.

The quick faint drums in the chorus of OK sound the same as the drums in the begninning of this Dj Icey track. Probably a common loop though. Have to wait till :15 to hear it in this version:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQgdYr7rwYY

Dont catch many, if any samples in HCM yet. Gotta listen more
Old 04-30-2011, 03:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brooklyndust View Post
But can you find any of these online? Like it was mentioned earlier, we did searches on all those artists and nothing came up.

On another note, I'm pretty sure they sample this Bar-Kays song again (or at least interpolate it) for Funky Donkey: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJlAop6SyLI#t=3m05s
there is an interview..i have it and will try to find it...where they mention that they were looking for particularly obscure samples. i think it's kinda cool that they're not obvious. i remember adrock mentioning 'off-broadway shit'...which must be the bill harper sample.
Old 05-01-2011, 05:36 AM

i remember adrock saying he was into sampling off-broadway shit back in the Hello Nasty days. he always says that.

There are no samples on this record.
Old 05-01-2011, 10:06 AM

well no, there are. they are in the credits.
Old 05-01-2011, 10:38 AM
Last real russian BB fan

If U're remember a lot sources two years ago told bout participation of Enya on Tadlock's Glasses... Any ideas?

I' ve thought that one composition or maybe excerption of Enya's was turn on and replayed back....

....and voice at the end of song said: Sometimes Things Just don't Connect...
maybe I 've got a mistake,but it seems that voiсe belongs to a woman and not is Mike D's....

Well like my words is what I'm seeing through my own eyes
A little vision of the truth in a world of lies
When it comes to coming off I like to get my fill
Well I got the skills....
I've got the skills to pay the bills!!! (RIP, my man MCA)

Old 05-01-2011, 10:39 AM
Da Pranksta

The list I provided comes from the Liner notes of the cd.

-Mike D

Old 05-01-2011, 10:43 AM
Last real russian BB fan

Quote:

that's strictly to the apple!
but another sample for this song was women's voice - what You looking at?...
So,keep digging...

Well like my words is what I'm seeing through my own eyes
A little vision of the truth in a world of lies
When it comes to coming off I like to get my fill
Well I got the skills....
I've got the skills to pay the bills!!! (RIP, my man MCA)

Old 05-01-2011, 04:56 PM

What happened to the Bob Dylan sample they were yappin bout?
Old 05-01-2011, 05:13 PM
crazy sniffable

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrappy View Post
What happened to the Bob Dylan sample they were yappin bout?
from Drowned in Sound interview:

DiS: Nas and Santigold appear on the album but there’s no sign of, as previously claimed, Bob Dylan. Was that, in best Beastie Boys tradition, a cheeky fib?

Ad-Rock: Bob Dylan is guesting on ...Pt 2. He talks about us. More of a spoken word thing...

MCA: We sampled his ass.

Mike D: He has a radio show on satellite and he was speaking about Beastie Boys...

mind you, this interview was from before Part 1 was renamed Part 2.

linky link: http://drownedinsound.com/in_depth/4137232

it's just 2 wheels and me, the wind in eyes...

Old 05-02-2011, 07:26 AM

I think I hear 3 distinct samples in "Make Some Noise, all in the chorus, but I don't believe they are from a band named Pump. There's some noise after the scratch before MCA says "you gotta party..." at the beginning of the chorus. Then there's what sounds like an electronic voice saying "Make some noise"? i think, then there's the "crazy, crazy, crazy" sample. Not sure what any of this is from, but I doubt it's from some obscure group named Pump, and I wonder if it's just the Beasties making their own samples.
Old 05-02-2011, 07:32 AM
Current Member

There are a lot of lies in that credits list, to be sure. Which are true and which are mirth remains to be seen. 'Pretty Ron and the Loveboat Crew' is my current facebook status.

Shout at the Devil!

Old 05-02-2011, 07:46 AM

almost every beastie record has a sample of (either): pe, epmd or run dmc....but not this one. no real hiphop samples in there.

thank you Adam.

Old 05-02-2011, 07:49 AM

Or samples of themselves...

I don't recall any of those either. I could be mistaken though.
Old 05-02-2011, 09:38 PM

I don't hear any sampling in Non-Stop Disco Powerpack.

Maybe a few short samples of a "huh!" noise starting at 3:37

Last edited by scrappy : 05-02-2011 at 09:43 PM.
Old 05-02-2011, 09:49 PM

I don't hear any samples on "OK". It's possible they sampled some obscure band but I think they made all the music up themselves on that cut.
Old 05-02-2011, 10:24 PM
Da Pranksta

From the Liner notes in the CD:

MAKE SOME NOISE Containsmaterial from "I'm Suped (got it like that)" performed by Pump used under the license from Ohio Records

Ok Contains material from "Wear Art Though" performed by Plastic Revolution used courtesy of Plastic Revolution/Parlophone Records

TOO MANY RAPPERS Contains material from "Stone Love Lady" performed by Rail used under special license from Octavious Records and "Journeys, Oscillations and Other Dreams" performed by Irv Greenwood used courtesy of Blue Note Records

THE BILL HARPER COLLECTION Contains material from "The Coming of the Triumverate" from the motion picture soundtrack of "Brutus" used under license from Dynamic Specialty Products

LONG BURN THE FIRE Contains Material from "Shallow Water" performed by The Supernatural Folk (featuring Dianne Wentworth) used Courtesy of BayouTones/Capital Records

FUNKY DONKEY Contains material from "Twin City Hustler" performed by The Diamels used under license from Freaky Thangz Records and "(It's Called)Love Boat" performed by Pretty Ron and The Love Boat Crew used under license from Rock Creek Records

TADLOCK"S GLASSES Contains material from "Sun Creations" performed by Rasheed Smith used under license from Rising Vision Records

LEE MAJORS COME AGAIN Contains material from "All Aboard the Rocket Ship" performed by Chip Welson used under license from For Kids Only/Dynomatic Records

HERE"S A LITTLE SOMETHING FOR YA Contains material from "Kein Fleisch' performed by Franz Konkie Used Courtesy of Synthestisches Material/'EMI INTL.

CRAZY ASS SHIT Contains material from "Isosceles Dillema" performed by Root Cellar used under special license from Buabhaill Records

The LISA LISA/FULL FORCE ROUTINE Contains material from "Mighty Corporal Winston" performed by The Argonauts used under license from Tempo Recordings

-Mike D

Old 05-02-2011, 10:43 PM
Music est. 1986

okay pooty, give me any song from any of those artists. Or maybe an article on who they are. Something. The linear notes are wrong some times, check out the alive single.
Old 05-02-2011, 10:50 PM
Current Member

It's not even that the liner notes are wrong, they're just on the wind-up. I'm sure a couple of those entries are legit.

Shout at the Devil!

Old 05-28-2011, 01:33 AM
the wondersmith

jump out a window onto a parade balloon

it's about time

Old 11-14-2020, 11:12 PM
the wondersmith

so does this album have any samples or what lol

it's about time

Old 11-15-2020, 02:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finkasaurus View Post
so does this album have any samples or what lol
Have you read Beastie Boys Book?

If this is gonna be that kind of party, I'ma stick my dick in the mashed potatoes!

Old 11-15-2020, 03:24 AM
the wondersmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by balohna View Post
Have you read Beastie Boys Book?
Yea just thought it would be funny to reply to a super old thread that I had totally forgotten about

it's about time

Old 11-26-2020, 10:27 AM
to the top

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pootytang View Post
From the Liner notes in the CD:

But aren't those all fake?! And jokes...That nobody got.
Old 11-26-2020, 10:30 AM
to the top

Quote:

Whether it is or isn't...That's dope! Thnx!