Go Back   Beastie Boys Message Board > Beastie Boys > General Beastie Boys Discussion

Old 09-10-2019, 08:38 PM

Default Re: New Colored Vinyl Reissues

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfatlove06 View Post
The only reason I included the bundle with tee is just in case it was limited or somehow different, and that it was set to ship 4 days ago (which it hasn't, which means I spent a bunch of money for nothing).
Glad to see King's Road is still the same.
Old 09-11-2019, 06:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuc70021 View Post
Glad to see King's Road is still the same.
At this point it's a me problem. I should've known.
Old 09-14-2019, 01:04 PM

Quote:
From an international standpoint...

The UK option defaults to the EU store. I am operating under the assumption that the EU distributor covers copies to the UK and EU. The Germany store doesn't default to either of those, but I don't know anyone in Deutschland. The Australia store redirects to an artist direct page. I do know somebody in AU that will help me figure that out.
The copies ordered from the AU store are imported from the US (thanks Brian). So it's down to US or EU copies unless Germany is pressing their own version.
Old 09-25-2019, 07:59 PM

Anyone get their bundles yet? Anything of note on the vinyls?
Old 10-01-2019, 07:44 AM

I just got a notification of delivery on Monday. It's for only one of the orders I placed, but hopefully the others will be picked up from KRM today as well.
Old 10-04-2019, 03:43 PM

I think KRM is gonna get their just due on how well they did with shipping on time. I got two of the 4 orders I placed from the EU store delivered on time so congratulations to my Anglo-saxon KRM brothers from across the pond for delivering one half of the time. That by far exceeds the performance of the North American branch which delivered 0% on time. In the defense of my continental United States brethren, they did manage to send out an message on facebook (but not a message to my email from where I placed the order) the day of the release explaining that the pressing plant fucked up and they won't ship until next Wednesday.

I feel pretty good about that, because even though I ordered $1500 worth of merchandise from KRM, they have a really good excuse "production problem at the pressing plant".

The most fantastic part of it all is that for a second time (HSCP2 release) I get to watch retailers sell the shit I ordered. There will undoubtedly be youtube unboxing videos of the shit I ordered (35 copies altogether with only Amazon delivering the complete order on time).

Kings Road Merch can suck a dick. I took time off to receive and catalog orders. Now, I'm just watching shit go by like a kinda sorta fan.

Thats all.

Last edited by bigfatlove06 : 10-04-2019 at 03:45 PM.
Old 10-04-2019, 03:52 PM

There are physical copies available on line of shit that I pre ordered. Shit that was originally listed to ship a month earlier than available elsewhere. A MONTH. No apology for the incorrect listing. No response to requests for info. No records, as promised. No personal communication. Just a big old clusterfuck of the highest magnitude.

That's reall all.
Old 10-05-2019, 08:25 AM

For some less angry more useful info...

The two Root Down color copies I got from EU yesterday were shipped from Germany. Both were orange. There is no indication on the outside packaging that identified where they were pressed or the sleeves were printed. There was a sticker on the outside of the back cellophane over the bar code with a different bar code "6 02577809101" than the one printed on the back of the sleeve itself "602577809088".

The bar code that is covered up matches the bar code on the US black copy I got from Amazon. In addition... the labels, sleeves, spine, insert, and run out grooves all match the US copy exactly (including P. USA stamped in the run out grooves). So the good news is that if you are one of the folks who wants to get every unique pressing, I am 99% sure that all of the copies sold from KRM were pressed in the US then shipped to overseas distributors. So if the rest of the copies show up the same, you wouldn't have to track down foreign pressings.

Lots of thanks to Colm from Ireland who is helping me sort out all of the EU reissues, and if anyone is interested I will post whatever I find with the other copies we've ordered as they come in. Sorry for the bitching in the earlier replies, all in all it's just records.
Old 10-05-2019, 09:27 AM

Well if it makes you feel any better (which I'm sure it doesn't), I haven't heard jack shit from KRM because I'm not on Facebook, so I didn't even know about this "problem" at the "plant" until I read this post. So KRM is saying that there was a production problem at the plant, yet Europeans seemed to be able to get their copies...which were pressed in the US....at the problematic plant.............ok.

Anyway, I ordered 4 copies of Root Down (US only) and I have a feeling someone is gonna just grab them all from the same stack and I'll get 4 of the same color. Just a friendly reminder that once I get my copies (whenever that is) I will gladly swap with people so we can get the colors we need. I'd rather do that and save everyone money rather than buy them and sell them at a mark-up on EBay.
Old 10-05-2019, 10:25 AM

Just to add weight to the UK/EU superior store / operation theory, I have always been impressed with KRM this side of the pond. Always on time or quick to deliver. Always well packaged etc. I was late ordering the new colour vinyls (yesterday) but already shipped today apparently.

Sorry to hear the US side of things is so shambolic though

Quote:
DIAMOND: He wishes he could be here right now. So do we.

Old 10-05-2019, 10:42 AM

@dave790,

Can I ask what vinyls you ordered? I ordered over a month ago from the EU site and received the email on Thursday saying there was a delay in dispatching the order due to a problem at the pressing plant.

I ordered
PBx1
ICx1
TT5Bx1
RDx2

I’m wondering if it’s just an issue with one particular pressing.

Makes it more annoying if people ordering now are getting their orders but people who ordered ages ago are being made to wait!

Cheers
Colm
Old 10-05-2019, 03:52 PM

Yep, I ordered the IC and PB reissues.

I completely understand your frustration. I haven't actually received mine yet, and I took the opportunity to order some Bad Religion vinyl too from the same store, so who knows what I'll receive this week. But honestly my experience with KRM in the UK has always been solid at least they have communicated the issue with you, for whatever that is worth.

I gave up on pre-orders years ago because there is nothing to be gained (unless discount/gig ticket related, the latter of which is frankly ridiculous) - I'd advise anyone else to do the same.

Quote:
DIAMOND: He wishes he could be here right now. So do we.

Old 10-09-2019, 08:15 AM

I'd also like to just chime in and reinforce for the millionth time how much KRM sucks in the US. I have two orders for these new reissues: one contains all the reissues and one is just for a couple of copies of Root Down. The first is delayed because of the "production" issue at the "plant," and the other doesn't show up when I check the order status. I just get an "Oops!" error. So the one with the delayed items gives me a status showing no progress, and the one with the records that are not delayed shows me an error. Awesome.

Can we bring back to corpse of Columbia House Record Club to see if maybe it can figure out how to effectively deliver physical music to human beings?
Old 10-14-2019, 03:37 PM

When it's all over and done with, and all my orders are received, I will link to a recap. In short, it hasn't gone well by any standard.
Old 10-22-2019, 07:59 PM

If anyone needs an orange copy of the Root Down reissue, shoot me a message. I have 3 copies I'm willing to trade for any other color.

Also, here's what I think happened: KRM got all the colors in 4 separate piles and instead of actually distributing them randomly, they just picked from the same pile until it was gone. Apparently in the US, people who ordered early are getting a fuck ton of orange copies.

So thanks KRM, for sucking balls so consistently and thoroughly.
Old 10-23-2019, 02:25 AM

Its not just confined to US orders, So far I have received 4 copies of Root Down from the UK store ( 2 for me 2 for BFL) and all of them have been Orange!

Can any one confirm that all advertised colour variations actually exist?

Thanks KRM!
Old 10-23-2019, 05:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kav View Post
Its not just confined to US orders, So far I have received 4 copies of Root Down from the UK store ( 2 for me 2 for BFL) and all of them have been Orange!

Can any one confirm that all advertised colour variations actually exist?

Thanks KRM!
I just filed a complaint with KRM through their website kingsroachmerch.com/#contact). Over on the Beastie Boys reddit page, people are reporting the same thing - all orange. Someone already filed for a refund on the grounds that this was false advertising, and in my letter to KRM I said I planned to do the same unless they could somehow address this issue. It's not just people on this board - practically everyone I've encountered "in the wild" or whom I know personally are receiving only orange copies.
Old 10-23-2019, 10:48 AM

KRM won't do anything about it, because they received the records sealed. They told me that they are the distributor and have no idea what colors the records are when they receive them. For anyone interested, I ordered 8 copies through the US store, and 8 through the EU store hoping to get all four colors from both regions. Right now I have 11 Orange, and one Blue. Incidentally, they were all pressed in the US (including 2 that I had shipped to KAV in Ireland from the EU store, and 2 that I had shipped directly to me from the EU store). I pointed out that the odds of receiving 11 identical copies in a row from a set of 4 different randomly selected colors is 1 in 4,194,304. I was offered no remediation, and have had other issues (which I am cataloging meticulously) as well.
Old 10-23-2019, 11:12 AM

Quote:
KRM won't do anything about it, because they received the records sealed. They told me that they are the distributor and have no idea what colors the records are when they receive them. For anyone interested, I ordered 8 copies through the US store, and 8 through the EU store hoping to get all four colors from both regions. Right now I have 11 Orange, and one Blue. Incidentally, they were all pressed in the US (including 2 that I had shipped to KAV in Ireland from the EU store, and 2 that I had shipped directly to me from the EU store). I pointed out that the odds of receiving 11 identical copies in a row from a set of 4 different randomly selected colors is 1 in 4,194,304. I was offered no remediation, and have had other issues (which I am cataloging meticulously) as well.
I think there are still grounds for people who purchased with a credit card to file for a refund (this might be a US thing - not sure how credit cards work around the world).

If the terms under which a purchase was made are deemed fraudulent, a credit card company will often reimburse you and try to get their money back from the seller. This is often a better method because if a major credit card issuer suddenly starts calling bullshit on a seller, the seller is more likely to give in since the treat of just me boycotting them is minimal, but the treat of an entire credit card company dropping them would be massive.
Old 10-23-2019, 11:21 AM

What is really funny is that if the other 4 copies I have on order, which are now 19 days past due with no tracking, are orange... I'm the dude who beat the odds of 1 in 1,073,741,824. But hey, it isn't their problem.
Old 10-23-2019, 11:24 AM

Quote:
What is really funny is that if the other 4 copies I have on order, which are now 19 days past due with no tracking, are orange... I'm the dude who beat the odds of 1 in 1,073,741,824. But hey, it isn't their problem.
Better buy a lottery ticket if that's the case.
Old 10-23-2019, 11:28 AM

Quote:
I think there are still grounds for people who purchased with a credit card to file for a refund (this might be a US thing - not sure how credit cards work around the world).

If the terms under which a purchase was made are deemed fraudulent, a credit card company will often reimburse you and try to get their money back from the seller. This is often a better method because if a major credit card issuer suddenly starts calling bullshit on a seller, the seller is more likely to give in since the treat of just me boycotting them is minimal, but the treat of an entire credit card company dropping them would be massive.
That's an angle I didn't consider. I am going to just continue to wait on the rest of the orders to arrive, catalog everything, and present KRM with an opportunity to respond.
Old 10-23-2019, 09:41 PM
space cake cookie

despite the madness you've got to admit, the blue marble vinyl TT5B is pretty fucking awesome right...

thank you adam adam & mike

Old 10-24-2019, 06:56 AM

Has anyone else had a problem getting the black version of Root Down from Amazon? I ordered a copy and it was "in transit" for over a week, kept getting delayed, and then they just canceled it without giving a reason.

Just gets better and better.
Old 10-24-2019, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dust monkey View Post
despite the madness you've got to admit, the blue marble vinyl TT5B is pretty fucking awesome right...
That's the truth! I am very happy with everything that I actually received, other than the landslide of orange vinyls.
Old 10-24-2019, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Has anyone else had a problem getting the black version of Root Down from Amazon? I ordered a copy and it was "in transit" for over a week, kept getting delayed, and then they just canceled it without giving a reason.

Just gets better and better.
The Root Down black vinyl, and Paul's Boutique Black vinyl are the only two that I ordered that actually came on time with no issues.
Old 10-24-2019, 08:56 PM

News from the Reddit front: people who ordered their copies from places other than KRM are getting better distributions of color. Maybe KRM got all the oranges.
Old 11-01-2019, 12:02 PM

Getting away from the many KRM debacles for a moment...

Has anyone been able to tell if these releases were different from a production standpoint at all?

I was listening the the purple Paul's Boutique and A Year And A Day really caught my attention. I then played my 2009 remaster and my 1989 original to try to hear the differences. 1989 is obviously notably different, but I couldn't tell if it was just me or if 2019 seemed louder and more bass heavy. The "Disco Dave" parts of the song sound kind of lost in the bass on the 2019 version. I mean, they all sound great, but I wasn't sure if these had been remastered again.

I haven't compared the other 2019 reissues yet, but was curious if anyone had any input on the whole production issue.
Old 11-06-2019, 09:09 PM

I have a red copy to trade for green or blue if anyone is interested.
Old 11-07-2019, 10:12 AM

Hey guys, if anyone UK based for any reason has bought more copies of the new vinyl releases and would like to sell it please let me know ... I have missed completely the release date and now all gone from the UK store...

“I don’t mean to brag/I don’t mean to boast/but I’m intercontinental when I eat French toast”