Old 10-30-2009, 02:24 AM
bis

Default Wisdom Teeth

I don't know what the norm pain is associated with them coming in. It's like a dull ache and drawing/itching sensation on both sides of my jaw, and I can see a little cusp-thing popping through the gum on each side. They don't look impacted either judging by the recent x-ray I had which was 2-ish months ago.

WTF? Why can't I have nice things?

So, hey. How's everybun doing?
Old 10-30-2009, 02:34 AM

Default Re: Wisdom Teeth

get those shits pulled

ritz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid Presentable View Post
...has gone on atwixt, nay, afween the seams...

Old 10-30-2009, 02:36 AM
Monkey News

i've had mine for like ten years
Old 10-30-2009, 02:37 AM
bis

Quote:
Originally Posted by b i o n i c View Post
get those shits pulled
I should while I have insurance, but I'm afraid to be put under.
Old 10-30-2009, 02:37 AM
bis

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurdBerglar View Post
i've had mine for like ten years
What did they feel like coming in?
Old 10-30-2009, 02:40 AM
Monkey News

a slight dull ache like you said. that lasted for a bit and the ache just stopped and i forgot about it.

but... i have large jaw and plenty of room
Old 10-30-2009, 02:48 AM
good reactions, etc?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOY View Post
I should while I have insurance, but I'm afraid to be put under.
aw dude don't put that off, do it while your insurance covers it

i think i've told my wisdom tooth story before but general anesthetic is the easiest thing in the universe. when i had my wisdom teeth pulled the dentist put the mask to my mouth and said "breathe deep and count backwards from 30" and i was like "30, 29, 28, 27, this isn't right, 26 i don't feel anything, 25 i don't smell anything, 24 i don't hear anything, 23 what if the anesthetic isn't working, 22 what if i'm awake through the whole thing and i" and literally the next thing i remember is my dad helping me into the car and me asking him "do i have cotton in my mouth?" and him laughing and telling me about how the dentist just explained about how they filled my mouth with gauze to deal with the bleeding and that i told them that i understood that fact.

then napping. lots and lots of napping.
Old 10-30-2009, 02:49 AM
bis

Quote:
a slight dull ache like you said. that lasted for a bit and the ache just stopped and i forgot about it.

but... i have large jaw and plenty of room
Yeah, I don't. Every time I go to the dentist one of the hygienists makes a dumb remark "Ah, your mouth is so tiny! So if anybody ever calls you a big mouth..."

Old 10-30-2009, 02:54 AM
bis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob View Post
aw dude don't put that off, do it while your insurance covers it

i think i've told my wisdom tooth story before but general anesthetic is the easiest thing in the universe. when i had my wisdom teeth pulled the dentist put the mask to my mouth and said "breathe deep and count backwards from 30" and i was like "30, 29, 28, 27, this isn't right, 26 i don't feel anything, 25 i don't smell anything, 24 i don't hear anything, 23 what if the anesthetic isn't working, 22 what if i'm awake through the whole thing and i" and literally the next thing i remember is my dad helping me into the car and me asking him "do i have cotton in my mouth?" and him laughing and telling me about how the dentist just explained about how they filled my mouth with gauze to deal with the bleeding and that i told them that i understood that fact.

then napping. lots and lots of napping.
Everybody says this, but I'm the moron who can't smoke pot without ever losing my shit. Especially where it's like having a tug-of-war with yourself, or your half high, half not and freaked by the idea?

Makes no sense. Pot probably isn't anything like being put under. But it's those few seconds you count backward that make me think I'm gonna have a pot-like experience that scares me. Or I'll never wake up if somebody ain't working the dials right.

But thanks!!! Honest!
Old 10-30-2009, 02:55 AM
good reactions, etc?

I don't know how typical my story is but it really was an incredibly painless thing. the surgery was easy and all i had to do was change out some gauze for a few days and refrain from eating pointy things for about a week and that was that, no pain at all. they gave me painkillers but i never needed them. it's probably best to take care of this while you have dental insurance
Old 10-30-2009, 02:58 AM
good reactions, etc?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOY View Post
Everybody says this, but I'm the moron who can't smoke pot without ever losing my shit. Especially where it's like having a tug-of-war with yourself, or your half high, half not and freaked by the idea?

Makes no sense. Pot probably isn't anything like being put under. But it's those few seconds you count backward that make me think I'm gonna have a pot-like experience that scares me. Or I'll never wake up if somebody ain't working the dials right.

But thanks!!! Honest!
i've smoked pot and it was nothing at all like general anesthetic. i'm not exaggerating one bit when i say that at one point i was fully conscious and aware of everything that was happening and that i couldn't smell or hear or sense any gas at all and that the next moment it felt like i just woke up from my alarm clock going off three hours too soon, there was no in between at all. total blank spot in between, that shit is well scientific
Old 10-30-2009, 03:00 AM
bis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob View Post
I don't know how typical my story is but it really was an incredibly painless thing. the surgery was easy and all i had to do was change out some gauze for a few days and refrain from eating pointy things for about a week and that was that, no pain at all. they gave me painkillers but i never needed them. it's probably best to take care of this while you have dental insurance
I had 2 teeth pulled last December with just a local which was painless. Just 1, 2, 3 - *YANK* Only thing that sucked was wanting to eat things and crying because my mouth was sore.

You're right, though. Dentists are expensive, and I've good insurance and shouldn't let it go to waste.
Old 10-30-2009, 08:30 AM

i was terrified of being but under for some reason. i went in and they hooked me up to the IV and told me they were going to leave and when they came back id be really sleepy. they came back in and put this thing on me that measured my heart rate/blood pressure and they were both through the roof, like 150bpm or something. so then the dentist starts to get pissy and he's like WE'RE NOT GONNA BE ABLE TO DO THIS IS YOU DONT CALM DOWN. thanks dentist guy. you're helping.

anyway eventually he tells the hygenist to give me a shot of something else i dont remeber the name of, so she does, and that brings everything down a bit but still not enough, so then he told her to give me a shot of ketamin, which i didnt even realize they use on humans. while she gave e said shot, he put the gas over my nose. shortly afterwards he stuck a rubber block in my mouth, i presume so that it was stuck open when i lost consciousness. some lady came in the room with a neato sounding russian accent. the next thing i knew i was awake again/ i never really realized i fell asleep and asked the chick unhooking me from stuff if my blood pressure was ok. they made me get in a wheelchair but part of the way out i just stood up and walked out. then i went home and chatted up some people on the internets.

so i guess the moral of the story is, if you wanna date rape me, its gonna take a lot.

Quote:
FATASS

Old 10-30-2009, 11:28 AM
bis

Quote:
Originally Posted by insertnamehere View Post
i was terrified of being but under for some reason. i went in and they hooked me up to the IV and told me they were going to leave and when they came back id be really sleepy. they came back in and put this thing on me that measured my heart rate/blood pressure and they were both through the roof, like 150bpm or something. so then the dentist starts to get pissy and he's like WE'RE NOT GONNA BE ABLE TO DO THIS IS YOU DONT CALM DOWN. thanks dentist guy. you're helping.

anyway eventually he tells the hygenist to give me a shot of something else i dont remeber the name of, so she does, and that brings everything down a bit but still not enough, so then he told her to give me a shot of ketamin, which i didnt even realize they use on humans. while she gave e said shot, he put the gas over my nose. shortly afterwards he stuck a rubber block in my mouth, i presume so that it was stuck open when i lost consciousness. some lady came in the room with a neato sounding russian accent. the next thing i knew i was awake again/ i never really realized i fell asleep and asked the chick unhooking me from stuff if my blood pressure was ok. they made me get in a wheelchair but part of the way out i just stood up and walked out. then i went home and chatted up some people on the internets.

so i guess the moral of the story is, if you wanna date rape me, its gonna take a lot.
All of this is exactly what it feels like when I smoke pot, except I don't fall asleep and I have to talk to myself "Power of the mind, power of the mind.."

D: