Go Back   Beastie Boys Message Board > Beastie Boys > General Beastie Boys Discussion

Old 05-07-2022, 08:09 AM
to the top

Default We need a Beastie Boys Coda type release

We need a Coda type release this year or soon!!! (Coda being the Led Zeppelin compilation album filled with content from the shelves that was put out after drummer John Bonham passed in case you didn't know .

I feel the CYH 30th Anniversary was a letdown in that no new content was included.....so makes me think maybe some possibly shelved content is being saved and will end up on a "shelf" release one day. I have to imagine there is stuff worth putting out. Like even if it's goofing around shit that was added to the Hello Nasty remaster - those extra tracks were great!

Has anyone asked Mike D or Adrock recently or know (if something is planned)?
Old 05-07-2022, 03:08 PM
R.I.P. Brooklyn

Default Re: We need a Beastie Boys Coda type release

adam has said a few times in interviews that their unreleased stuff is unreleased for a reason, basically saying it sucks but to me it always comes off as his excuse for not wanting to deal with new release responsibilities, whatever they may be even if its paperwork stuff

anyone catch Mario C's instagram stories a few months ago? he was working on some beastie boys live audio, I dont know if it was just digitizing his personal stuff but hopefully it was for some future release
Old 05-08-2022, 03:00 PM
beastie_freakfreak

I'm hoping Mario C is prepping a live recording. Maybe a collection of songs from the Quadraphonic Stereo Tour? That'd be dope!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Extra Cheese View Post
adam has said a few times in interviews that their unreleased stuff is unreleased for a reason, basically saying it sucks but to me it always comes off as his excuse for not wanting to deal with new release responsibilities, whatever they may be even if its paperwork stuff

anyone catch Mario C's instagram stories a few months ago? he was working on some beastie boys live audio, I dont know if it was just digitizing his personal stuff but hopefully it was for some future release

"When you've got so much to say..."

Old 05-12-2022, 08:20 PM
to the top

Quote:
Originally Posted by Extra Cheese View Post

Thanks. We need a proper live lp, too! I mean the Root Down ep was cute and all, but a full set / full show would be sick. Kinda like the audio version of Awesome I Fuckin' Shot That! or something similar.

Lots of opportunities on the shelf!!