Go Back   Beastie Boys Message Board > Beastie Boys > General Beastie Boys Discussion

Old 05-01-2022, 01:58 PM

Default Why isn't the studio version of DJ Hurricane/Beastie Boys "Four Fly Guys" on Youtube?

Multiple people have uploaded a live version of this song including The Beastie Boys themselves, but not ONE person on the planet have uploaded the studio version. Any guesses why?...
Old 05-01-2022, 02:17 PM

Default Re: Why isn't the studio version of DJ Hurricane/Beastie Boys "Four Fly Guys" on Yout

no clue. i put up the CB4 soundtrack version of Stick ‘Em Up and Spam about five years ago because they were either missing or crappy rips.
Old 05-02-2022, 08:08 AM

Arrow Re: Why isn't the studio version of DJ Hurricane/Beastie Boys "Four Fly Guys" on Yout

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClarenceAlabama View Post
Multiple people have uploaded a live version of this song including The Beastie Boys themselves, but not ONE person on the planet have uploaded the studio version. Any guesses why?...
I suspect it's because Atlantic owns the rights (it was originally put out for the Jerky Boys movie soundtrack.) I bet they're just more aggressive about policing Youtube. It's one of the doper non-album cuts they put out in my opinion. Technically a DJ Hurricane song but it's full on Caldato + Beasties + Hurricane goodness. That bassline is fiyahhhhhh!
Old 05-02-2022, 03:52 PM
Current Member

Default Re: Why isn't the studio version of DJ Hurricane/Beastie Boys "Four Fly Guys" on Yout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir SkratchaLot View Post
I suspect it's because Atlantic owns the rights (it was originally put out for the Jerky Boys movie soundtrack.) I bet they're just more aggressive about policing Youtube. It's one of the doper non-album cuts they put out in my opinion. Technically a DJ Hurricane song but it's full on Caldato + Beasties + Hurricane goodness. That bassline is fiyahhhhhh!
Hey I think it has the rare distinction of being a 1990s era non-Beastie composition upon which the Beastie Boys rap. As in, an external did the beat. Can’t remember the name of the lad who did the beat, however. By contrast, I think Mario did the rest of the music on the first Hurra album. And I could be wrong.

Shout at the Devil!

Last edited by Kid Presentable : 05-02-2022 at 03:54 PM.
Old 05-03-2022, 04:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid Presentable View Post
Hey I think it has the rare distinction of being a 1990s era non-Beastie composition upon which the Beastie Boys rap. As in, an external did the beat. Can’t remember the name of the lad who did the beat, however. By contrast, I think Mario did the rest of the music on the first Hurra album. And I could be wrong.
weird haven’t heard that before. my Four Fly Guys 12” says produced by Hurricane and Mario C.
Old 05-03-2022, 04:13 PM

Arrow Re: Why isn't the studio version of DJ Hurricane/Beastie Boys "Four Fly Guys" on Yout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micodin View Post
weird haven’t heard that before. my Four Fly Guys 12” says produced by Hurricane and Mario C.
Yeah, I have the 12" too and always figured it was pretty much Mario C based on the credits. Definitely sounds like his style.
Old 05-04-2022, 08:30 AM
Current Member

https://www.beastiemania.com/whois/dynomite_d/

Shout at the Devil!

Old 05-04-2022, 10:33 AM

Quote:
oh snap that’s cool. dang you learn something new every day! where’s Dynomite D at nowadays i would love to pick his brain.
Old 05-04-2022, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Wow. Nice!
Old 05-11-2022, 05:26 PM
ps I love you

Dynomite D's album By The Way is amazing. He did a collab with Kid Koala called The Slew, and they were working on a second album but it's been a few years since there was mention of that.

Here's an interview with him from 2000: https://www.seattleweekly.com/music/listen-up/

It's a Lion....YEA!

Old 05-14-2022, 10:03 AM
technically insane

i had this in vinyl once, had a jerky boys promo stoker on it... i think

earl@fuckyoumyman.com

Old 05-15-2022, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbott View Post
i had this in vinyl once, had a jerky boys promo stoker on it... i think
I still have this on vinyl if anyone is looking for a rip.