Old 02-23-2013, 08:16 PM

Default G-Son Today

I went to go pick up some paint for the kitchen and was surprised to find the paint store shared a lot with G-Son. I went there last year to leave daisies the day MCA died. It looks freshly painted, now. I know it's not a "new" photo in the sense that we've all seen photos of it, but wanted to share. Just feeling pretty blue.
Old 02-24-2013, 11:36 AM
NYC Brouhaha Division

Default Re: G-Son Today

paperdali- were these yours?

I took these photos days after Yauch died... it looks like they have also installed an electronic fence back there to keep gawkers out. I'm pretty sure that if I had a bunch of friends together, we would be on that stairwell recreating the Pass The Mic video...

this was there the Monday after May 4th

your daises stayed in the fence for months after MCA's passing. I do the same thing when I am in the neighborhood, I always pass by the front as well as the back alley. I have some lofty goals of convincing the paint store owners and the owner of the health food store (who was once the chef for the band on tour) to collaborate and put up a MCA mural along the back alley...

Long Burn The Fire. Rest In Peace Adam.

Old 02-26-2013, 09:31 PM

Can't everyone on this board pitch in like $100 and we just buy G-SON?? We could do it up the right way - bring in Cey Adams to put some beautiful artwork on the wall next to the staircase...ahhh - it's nice to dream.
Old 03-01-2013, 03:27 PM

Quote:
paperdali- were these yours?
Yes, I left them there that afternoon. They look like they wilted fast. I love daisies. Gah. Nah I'm blue again.
Old 03-01-2013, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paperdali View Post
Yes, I left them there that afternoon. They look like they wilted fast. I love daisies. Gah. Nah I'm blue again.
Have you ever gone inside? It would be cool to see the art work they've preserved on the walls.

http://vimeo.com/m/21359319
Old 03-02-2013, 09:27 PM
NYC Brouhaha Division

I peeked my head in the other day. plenty of those relics, stickers, artwork- framed as well as tagged, are all still there. I didn't go into the main space but just soaking up some of the history in the hallways and front/back spaces is enough for a hardcore fan to feel a great connection with the band...

Long Burn The Fire. Rest In Peace Adam.