Old 05-11-2012, 07:41 PM

Default Re: Adam Yauch - 1964-2012

I find it hard to express myself about Yauch's passing. While I of course can no where understand the depths of the pain and loss his family and friends may feel I can honestly say that I feel like a part of my youth and musical life was stolen from me. No matter how many years have passed since the Beastie's entered my life with their music and message they have always seemed timeless and ageless to me. I knew Yauch was battling cancer like so many millions of other people on this planet but never for a second did I think it would catch such a loving, passionate, true person.

I've read all the tributes in all the papers, online and whatever else I come across and it only reaffirms my belief that Yauch and his musical brothers did and gave much more to this world than most can aspire. Mad props to true talent, class and love. NYC forever, Beasties forever, Yauch forever.
Old 05-11-2012, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynNico View Post
I find it hard to express myself about Yauch's passing.
I thought you did a fine job in your first post; I went back and read it a few times. Hang in there, all of us feel a great loss and something is missing that will never be replaced. Hopefully, time will heal and we'll always have the music.

"MCA, where have you been?"

In our hearts, and he always will be.

Old 05-11-2012, 08:06 PM

I feel so lucky that at a time when I was young and impressionable that my idols were on top of the world spreading positivity and compassion.

I can't express what a truly amazing gift that is.