Old 04-23-2020, 09:02 PM
Music est. 1986

Default Post Movie Discussion *Spoilers*

Just finished the movie and all I can say is that I loved every minute of it.

I had an ear to ear smile the whole time only broken up with the occasional chill every 5 minutes and some actual tears at the end. I never really well up for movies but there were a few times when I cracked. I don't know if it's the covid shit or what.

From some of the bullshit reviews (pitchfork) and because my knowledge of the band and having read and listened to the book inside and out.
I thought I was going to like this but not be blown away. I didn't like this. I loved this. I was not disappointed for one minute. I have no critiques. It was great.

What did everyone think?
Old 04-23-2020, 09:33 PM

Default Re: Post Movie Discussion *Spoilers*

i had a blast watching it. i laughed, danced in my chair and shed tears as well. i thought the clips during the end credits were great. MCA telling JMJ to stop being mad at him was hilarious. i really loved all the Yauch love. i wasn’t expecting the amount of apologies to Kate but it came from a good place. it was also nice seeing getting into their tunes again. good stuff and just like every beasties show it goes by too fast and you want more at the end.
Old 04-23-2020, 10:06 PM
Hero

It was outstanding. I had been in a depressed mood today already and I was crying before the intro was even over. When they had the young kid taking about them being together for the entire adventure, I broke. I smiled and laughed a ton but got choked up a bunch.

I’ve said it before on here over the years, but these dudes shaped me immensely and I honestly would be so different if they weren’t a part of my life. Too much influence. It all flooded back tonight. Cheesy and corny, but true.

Love this band.

Long Burn the Fire

Adam Yauch

1964 - 2012

Old 04-23-2020, 10:41 PM

An amazing journey down memory lane. Loved every minute of it. Didn't want it to end. Laughed, cried...what a journey, they nailed it. That era and their music was one of the best times of my life.
Old 04-23-2020, 11:41 PM

Loved it. Laughed, teared up, got stoked. I liked that it was different from the live show I saw and the bonus stuff at the end of the credits was great. Hoping it’ll get some sort of release with more bonus stuff.

Yes Adam yauch was very spiritual yes he raised awareness about the situation in Tibet yea he was a great father , husband and friend but most of all he was a dope MC one of the greatest to ever pick up a mike his voice will be missed- Chris Rock

Old 04-24-2020, 01:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brooklyndust View Post
Just finished the movie and all I can say is that I loved every minute of it.

I had an ear to ear smile the whole time only broken up with the occasional chill every 5 minutes and some actual tears at the end. I never really well up for movies but there were a few times when I cracked. I don't know if it's the covid shit or what.

From some of the bullshit reviews (pitchfork) and because my knowledge of the band and having read and listened to the book inside and out.
I thought I was going to like this but not be blown away. I didn't like this. I loved this. I was not disappointed for one minute. I have no critiques. It was great.

What did everyone think?
Hoping to watch it tonight in the UK 👍 should be a great end to the week.

Side note: I wouldn’t get too fixated on the Pitchfork review. Yes it was one of the first major reviews and yes it’s got its own thread, but it’s the only negative one I’ve actually read. Otherwise good to excellent reviews across the board, as the 94% rating on RT shows.

Can’t wait til this evening!

Quote:
DIAMOND: He wishes he could be here right now. So do we.

Old 04-24-2020, 02:18 AM
Legoland

Loved every second of it. Really sums up everything I love about the band. Made me laugh and cry all at the same time.

Though two hours is no time to tell about 30+ years of friendship, and just like the book I do believe they spend too much time and space about them being young than them developing themselves and their music, and how each album has its own identity and reflects a certain time from when it was made.

But I guess it is also just them being too humble about the greatness for their albums, and not enough time for them to tell it in.
Though they really summed up theirs and everybody else’s love for Yauch! So all in all a perfect film for all the fans.

Last edited by Friis gal : 04-24-2020 at 02:51 AM.
Old 04-24-2020, 06:35 AM
Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Friis gal View Post
Loved every second of it. Really sums up everything I love about the band. Made me laugh and cry all at the same time.

Though two hours is no time to tell about 30+ years of friendship, and just like the book I do believe they spend too much time and space about them being young than them developing themselves and their music, and how each album has its own identity and reflects a certain time from when it was made.

But I guess it is also just them being too humble about the greatness for their albums, and not enough time for them to tell it in.
Though they really summed up theirs and everybody else’s love for Yauch! So all in all a perfect film for all the fans.
As die-hard fans, of course we are more interested in the more modern aspects of their careers. I mean, we're all pretty familiar with the story! But, to gloss over the ridiculous way they climbed to stardom wouldn't make sense. They are hoping this makes it to people other than us. They have to focus on that.

You're right, they are so humble. That's why I particularly enjoyed the discussion about '94 Lollapalooza where they basically said that they went out to "beat" all the other bands every show and acknowledged that they in fact "won." That made me tear up too haha. I was a 42-year old bearded mess last night.

Long Burn the Fire

Adam Yauch

1964 - 2012

Old 04-24-2020, 06:56 AM
Wicked!

The movie was great, though being at the King’s Theater for the April 9 taping, they sure did cut a lot out. A few fun stories missing from the final cut, and the appearance of the dick in a box. Still a great film and I plan to watch again soon!

"A woman needs a man like a fish needs a bicycle"

Old 04-24-2020, 08:34 AM
Current Member

Perfect.

Shout at the Devil!